Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby rss1969 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:30 am

If Radz is going to invest in the players that Bielsa wants and keep the ones who are key then he will stay.

If not Radz will be in for a shitload of stick that he will probably never shake off. Not a good sign for any future manager of any worth either. Big few days ahead................

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 am

rss1969 wrote:If James (who is 21) is going for 10-15m then we should not accept any less than 15m for Clarke as there is an extra 3 years worht of development in him.

City & Scum were sniffing around him prior to his Debut so we should play hard ball with any offer. The extra few million could make the difference if spent wisely.

How about a sale and loan back to us for the season? They will be loaning him out somewhere so why not us?

Phil Hay reckons we expect a bid for Clarke from Spurs in the next few days. So I guess we will soon be able to add him to the list of consequences after we missed out on promotion.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu May 23, 2019 12:08 pm

jackos wrote:
rss1969 wrote:If James (who is 21) is going for 10-15m then we should not accept any less than 15m for Clarke as there is an extra 3 years worht of development in him.

City & Scum were sniffing around him prior to his Debut so we should play hard ball with any offer. The extra few million could make the difference if spent wisely.

How about a sale and loan back to us for the season? They will be loaning him out somewhere so why not us?

Phil Hay reckons we expect a bid for Clarke from Spurs in the next few days. So I guess we will soon be able to add him to the list of consequences after we missed out on promotion.

Not fussed about Clarke going for a good fee, tbh. We need to sell, we know that. We are still a second tier club so have little hope of keeping our top young players out of the clutches of the big boys. Also, if Clarke going means we don't sell KP then fair enough. Clarke may be the next Neymar but he may also fizzle out into nothing. £15m + sell on fee would be good business imho.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Ponte wrote:Not fussed about Clarke going for a good fee, tbh. We need to sell, we know that. We are still a second tier club so have little hope of keeping our top young players out of the clutches of the big boys. Also, if Clarke going means we don't sell KP then fair enough. Clarke may be the next Neymar but he may also fizzle out into nothing. £15m + sell on fee would be good business imho.

I think I agree with this. Certainly, if we had to sell just the one of PJ / Shack / KP / Clark I'd let Clark go first. It feels like (fairly) nippy wingers are a more widely available resource than DMs / attacking CMs at least.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Maybe Spurs would loan him back ,just a thought. Trouble is a lot of these loan players prove to be crap .

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu May 23, 2019 12:52 pm

I can't really see the point in loaning him back. If he was likely to be a first team regular next season then yes but is he going to do a lot more than this season? If we worked with him and gave him cameos again then we would just be carrying on his development with no great advantage to us.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 12:56 pm

The mere fact that Poch of Spurs is Chasing after Clarke rather than Shacks, PJ, KP or any other fucker tells me that he's our most prized asset.

I'll be fucking gutted to lose him instead of water carrier KP.

Clarke is a player when on form gets you on the edge of the seat.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 pm

welshwhite wrote:The mere fact that Poch of Spurs is Chasing after Clarke rather than Shacks, PJ, KP or any other fucker tells me that he's our most prized asset.

KP would be far more important to us in a promotion campaign. Only my opinion, mind.
Hmmm.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Ponte wrote:I can't really see the point in loaning him back. If he was likely to be a first team regular next season then yes but is he going to do a lot more than this season? If we worked with him and gave him cameos again then we would just be carrying on his development with no great advantage to us.

This was his breakthrough season though and before his freak injury had made a fairly good impact (played a big part in winning games against Monday's play off finalists). You would have to think that had the injury not curtailed him around Xmas time he would have gone on and improved.

I think a full first team Bielsa pre-season for Clarke, Shack & Wilkes would place them firmly in out 1st team.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Ponte wrote:
welshwhite wrote:The mere fact that Poch of Spurs is Chasing after Clarke rather than Shacks, PJ, KP or any other fucker tells me that he's our most prized asset.

KP would be far more important to us in a promotion campaign. Only my opinion, mind.

Agreed, he has been superb this season.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Thu May 23, 2019 1:48 pm

I suspect if Spurs actually do make a bid, then he'll want to go and Radz will want the money. But if he goes for anything less than £15m and a sell-on clause I'll be well pissed with the Club. He'll probably be sold for about £8m, wait and see. It'll be an absolute bargain for Levy (who drives a notoriously hard bargain).

I honestly think KP is more important to the side than Clarke based on last season if Bielsa stays. Id prefer to keep both and sell Roofer (who appears to be running down his contract) and PJ for the same amount of money we should be getting for Clarke (£15m). Even if anyone will take Bamford off us for a half decent fee, say £5m, (or even flog Forshaw to get some of our £4.5m back back) that should be enough sales to give Bielsa a decent transfer pot to play with for next seasons squad without selling the Crown Jewels.

More worryingly are the comments from Radz, yesterday that it is going to be 'difficult' transfer window ahead, and then today saying the next 2/3 days are crucial int he on going discussions with Marcelo. After being convinced he'll probably stay with us, its not looking too good I think.. I hope i'm wrong.
#MOT #GAWA

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Radz can't say anything else.
If he goes around saying we're prepared to break the bank to sign players that will get us up every cunt will automatically put the price up 50% when we come calling.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 23, 2019 2:24 pm

thestraw wrote:More worryingly are the comments from Radz, yesterday that it is going to be 'difficult' transfer window ahead, and then today saying the next 2/3 days are crucial int he on going discussions with Marcelo. After being convinced he'll probably stay with us, its not looking too good I think.. I hope i'm wrong.

Yeah, that's entirely consistent with what a few of us have said, to the effect that Bielsa will only stay if he gets the money needed to get the players to do the job properly. Eek.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Ponte wrote:

Phillips is very good at what he does.
Our problem is we've become easy to play against,
Predictable and unable to open teams up.

Losing Saiz and the illness to Clarke made things even worse.

If we lose Clarke we become a static side with no cutting edge.

If he has to go I'd like to see a Spurs player (striker) and some cash come here.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu May 23, 2019 2:51 pm

I like Clarke and think he will become a very good player.

Slight note of caution is that although he was great off the bench, he didn't contribute anything of note in the games he started just prior to his injury.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I like Clarke and think he will become a very good player.

Slight note of caution is that although he was great off the bench, he didn't contribute anything of note in the games he started just prior to his injury.

Derby at home? Ripped their fullback a new one on several occasions.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu May 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Poch likes him.
I'd like to think he knows more than me (even though I played pro football for Wrexham and Newport County for 14 years).

Had to hang my boots up after a double hernia operation.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu May 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Radz can't say anything else.
If he goes around saying we're prepared to break the bank to sign players that will get us up every cunt will automatically put the price up 50% when we come calling.

This. Whether or not he means it, he should probably be saying it. Better others are thinking it's tight at Leeds. There's no way we'll know if he's just telling the truth until afterwards.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 23, 2019 3:11 pm

flog pontus, flog roofe, keep clarke. apart from the footballing reasons, he's the most likely to be worth double what he is now this time next year, the others are ripe now.

as for the footballing reasons, i'm with welsh, he's the one most likely to sort our key problem of scoring goals. i also reckon we've only glimpsed his full potential.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

sweeper

Postby sweeper » Thu May 23, 2019 3:53 pm

welshwhite wrote:Poch likes him.
I'd like to think he knows more than me (even though I played pro football for Wrexham and Newport County for 14 years).

Had to hang my boots up after a multiple personality operation.

FTFY

Return to “The Square Ball”