Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ponte » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
jackos wrote:
Clacton white wrote:No - A Batesian transfer window involved selling the decent players and bringing in old loanee's .

Wouldn't surprise me if we received "an offer we can't refuse" for Clarke. Didn't think we'd sell Vieria. We did. Despite selling 10% to 49iers Radz still needed cash before investing. Actually starting to wonder what is would take for Bielsa to walk given that we've lost Blackman, Saiz, Shaughnessy & Baker from the tight squad he started the season with.

Amazed Orta hasn't managed to bring in a keeper yet he's had two months to sort out a replacement.

Are we liable for Blackman's wages?

If so there may not be any budget left.

Wages freed up with Samu and Baker leaving?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Ponte wrote:Wages freed up with Samu and Baker leaving?

I'm assuming we're not paying Blackman.

Saiz 20K wk
Blackman 13K wk reported back in 2016
Baker is supposedly on 40K a wk at Chelsea - Lord knows how much of that we were paying.
Shaughnessy 2k ?

We must have saved at least 50K week in wages. Attendances are up >5k compared to last season's average - say a other 100k+ income a game.

Mhar be plenty of room in the budget to sign 2-3 quality players on loan.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 pm

i always quite liked the look of FF, if nothing else a reassuringly large presence between the sticks [tho i semi doubt a big ogre like that would be the very best with his feet/the perfect fit for bielsaball], but i don't get the impression he's been playing as well since his knee-knack a few years ago. also, from what i can make out no-one's quite sure who really is first choice keeper at soton, i very much doubt that they'd let him go whilst that was still a live debate.

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 pm

jackos wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Are we liable for Blackman's wages?

Hadn't considered that but I don't believe so, he "returned to his parent club" there was never any mention of us being liable to pay his wages for the rest of the season.

I'd have thought we were still paying him. After all we broke him. It would make sense for the lending club to have a clause in the agreement that in the event of injury the player returns to them for treatment - he's their asset so surely they would want to manage his treatment - but since the borrowing club broke him they should continue paying him.

How would we feel if Getafe break Saiz but expect us to pay him?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:46 pm

Rambo the randy pig wrote:
jackos wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Are we liable for Blackman's wages?

Hadn't considered that but I don't believe so, he "returned to his parent club" there was never any mention of us being liable to pay his wages for the rest of the season.

I'd have thought we were still paying him. After all we broke him. It would make sense for the lending club to have a clause in the agreement that in the event of injury the player returns to them for treatment - he's their asset so surely they would want to manage his treatment - but since the borrowing club broke him they should continue paying him.

How would we feel if Getafe break Saiz but expect us to pay him?

Suspect we're not paying his wages now he's gone back, if he's fit by March he'll not be back here, he'll be in their u23s. However, I'd bet we paid a ~£500k loan fee for the privilege and doubt we're due a refund. Same with Baker, I'm sure there would have been a clause enabling his recall with no refund should be fail to give him enough games (but we may have avoided an end of season penalty clause).

The lack of anything remotely serious on a keeper by this stage speaks volumes really, we've had 2 months to line something up. By contrast, Scunny had brought in 5 players by last Friday in an attempt to rescue their season - teams with real intent to do something in this window do it early as prices only go up as the deadline looms.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am

Its starting to look like our chance of automatic promotion rests on BPF not receiving a medium to long term injury (just a broken finger away from fucking up all we've built).

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 am

So who was it that got busted spying on Derby's training session after clipping their way through the wire, then?

Or is Fat Frank just talking shite, as is his wont?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:01 am

welshwhite wrote:Its starting to look like our chance of automatic promotion rests on BPF

:shock: :cry: :cry:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am

Just arrived back safe and sound (of mind) bet that's pissed you off while ur meddlin with ur toy chemistry set Bigot.

Now before I get some shut eye ahead of huge(ish) Derby game,I gets to thinkin what all you lovers of the old flappy bird should be mentioning seeing as you all have such high hopes for him...........What if someone has put a huge offer from Prem in for him and we're holding back....like they do when they want some young huge potential and offer summat like 8mill plus a keeper they don't really want! So we get Joe Hart/Forster/Foster/Darlow etc and 8mill to spend on a Saiz replacement and we part company with flappy but obviously wish him all the very best for the future and a clause of 20% if he ends up at Real Madrid!...............Someone might be in for him! Chances of that hapnin????

Not as daft as you think Rads tha knows,he surprised us last window at end of.

Discuss.

Note. I might've already fallen asleep and be dreamin.

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 am

Is Stockdale available?
#MOT #GAWA

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am

IMHO we should not be afraid to bring in big names like Joe Hart, if managed properly they can give the side a huge boost.

Wilko did it with Gordon Strachan and a few other big signings.

O'leary did it with Rio Ferdinand and a few other big names.
Exciting football and European nights until he and Ridsdale lost the plot.

If managed correctly just a couple of quality big names could take us up in this slack at the top of the league season.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 am

I've given Baker serious consideration. Having studied the video from recent games I can see that Marcello has had him stood ready to come on as sub. Then as soon as the Chelsea spy makes a note in his book he tells him to sit the fuck back down.

I wondered what was going on until I finally realised. Bielsa hates Chelsea too :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Blackwhite wrote:So who was it that got busted spying on Derby's training session after clipping their way through the wire, then?

I'm guessing one of Welsh's alternate personalities has gone rogue and escaped...

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 pm

welshwhite wrote:IMHO we should not be afraid to bring in big names like Joe Hart, if managed properly they can give the side a huge boost.

If managed correctly just a couple of quality big names could take us up in this slack at the top of the league season.

I read the other day that James Milner would love to come back to the club were they to make Prem League ...... he is the sort of professional you would want at a club . Even though getting on a bit , young players would learn loads form him , not only as players but as people .

AmarinderBedi

Postby AmarinderBedi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Clacton white wrote:
welshwhite wrote:IMHO we should not be afraid to bring in big names like Joe Hart, if managed properly they can give the side a huge boost.

I read the other day that James Milner would love to come back to the club were they to make Prem League ...... he is the sort of professional you would want at a club . Even though getting on a bit , young players would learn loads form him , not only as players but as people .

Milner 100% yes, Hart 100% no - it’s about the person not just their record.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Would love Jimmy to come back in a player/coach role hes very much a professional and would be a good mentor for the younger lads coming up.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm

FredFlintstone wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:So who was it that got busted spying on Derby's training session after clipping their way through the wire, then?

I'm guessing one of Welsh's alternate personalities has gone rogue and escaped...

Actually, funny story, but actually Welsh himself is exactly that. He escaped from a twelve page thread on crisps after Aziz invented him (Welsh now claims some outrageous bollocks about it being the other way around but don't give it the time of day...)
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm

rumour we're after real madrid's 3rd choice stopper kiko casilla.

rumour
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:37 pm

What do you know, Musta?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm

If turns out to be true,tis the greatest post of your life Quiffhead and will never be bettered,ever.

:basket: ;@)
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Return to “The Square Ball”