Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Quiffy wrote: :lol: even my sordid mind missed that.

Ive been down the park and ride giving my under 15 girls a workout tonight.

:shock: :mrgreen:

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Quiffy wrote:you know these increasingly irritating newsnow headlines that build an article based on people's tweets?... ]

Newsnow it a waste of time these days, the majority of links are to blogs who’s only purpose is to collect clicks. Best wat to check the latest Leeds news is by following a handful of journos you trust on Twitter. Anything happens you’ll hear about it very quickly on there. Even this site is more useful for the latest news that newsnow.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 pm

jackos wrote:
Quiffy wrote:you know these increasingly irritating newsnow headlines that build an article based on people's tweets?... ]

Newsnow it a waste of time these days, the majority of links are to blogs who’s only purpose is to collect clicks. Best wat to check the latest Leeds news is by following a handful of journos you trust on Twitter. Anything happens you’ll hear about it very quickly on there. Even this site is more useful for the latest news that newsnow.

yeah, i mainly use it now when i'm practicing work avoidance, there's rarely any useful nuggets, ......... (edited because the one i thought was there actually came from twitter about bielsa and bilbao)
i really ought to link it.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Looks like young Halland has gone to Rb Salzberg - 5 year contract.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:02 pm

So he could still be ours then #takeoverthreadmeltdown :wink:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Ideguchi gone to the German 2nd division (SpVgg Greuther Furth) on loan with an option for them to make it permanent.

De Bock has gone to the Belgium top flight (KV Oostende) on loan, no such option in that deal.

I think that just leaves: Anita, O'Kane & Ekuban to go. I still hope the latter finds himself a League One level loan and does well enough to be worth another look, seems unlikely though.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Just can’t see Ekuban ever featuring in a Bielko side. There’s something of the Samit Patel about him...
I like it. What is it?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Devi wrote:Just can’t see Ekuban ever featuring in a Bielko side. There’s something of the Samit Patel about him...

I thought his work rate would give him a chance but its now apparent Bielsa has far more chance of making players like Saiz work hard without the ball than he has of helping players like Ekuban find the back of the net on a regular basis. Besides, Roofe has really stepped up to the plate and we were always going to sign at least one striker.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Hay Twatter..."Reports in Sweden of Russian interest in Pontus Jansson. It's true that Leeds did receive a bid from Krasnodar (somewhere close to £10m). Bid was turned down. #lufc"

We do well to retain him & Saiz before the close of the loan wind & especially in January.
Most top players always seem to have edge, confidence, some may call it arrogance but when they back it up and contribute to your team its
In the current market before anyway has the stupidity to suggest 10M is worth considering its not. Especially if we wish to a. maintain the backbone of our team, b. retain any quality players, c. have the quality progress and sustain the season

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Saw another story, was it here? that we'd accepted a lower bid but he didn't want to go.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ontolly » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Saw another story, was it here? that we'd accepted a lower bid but he didn't want to go.

Sell the soft chancing twat

Oh

Well loan the pussy cunt out then

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Saw another story, was it here? that we'd accepted a lower bid but he didn't want to go.

Sell the soft chancing twat

Oh

Well loan the pussy cunt out then

“Of sound mind”

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:13 pm

sunshine whites wrote:Hay Twatter..."Reports in Sweden of Russian interest in Pontus Jansson. It's true that Leeds did receive a bid from Krasnodar (somewhere close to £10m). Bid was turned down. #lufc"

We do well to retain him & Saiz before the close of the loan wind & especially in January.
Most top players always seem to have edge, confidence, some may call it arrogance but when they back it up and contribute to your team its
In the current market before anyway has the stupidity to suggest 10M is worth considering its not. Especially if we wish to a. maintain the backbone of our team, b. retain any quality players, c. have the quality progress and sustain the season

According to the article (Expressen) we accepted a bid of 60 million SEK for Jansson, which is less that 6M Sterling, but Jansson supposedly turned down the move because he doesn’t fancy Russia. Sounds like bullshit, why would we accept less than 6M for him? Unless Bielsa just doesn’t rate him, suppose it might explain why he hasn’t played yet if we want rid.

Even the rumour is a bit worrying, surely we wouldn’t sell one of our two experiences centre halfs?

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:49 pm

hahahaha Jackos I'm shooting the messenger
source where does has El Loco said he does not rate Pontus
horse shit you know it
you should have added imho..you get a KP moment pass..

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:49 pm

sunshine whites wrote:hahahaha Jackos I m shooting the messenger
source where does has El Loco siad he does not rate POntus
horse shit you know it
you should have added imho..you get a KP moment pass..

I’m not saying Bielsa doesn’t rate Jansson, just speculating in why we might have accepted a bid for him, I guess a lot of us, even Jansson, expected an offer from the EPL this summer, didn’t happen - but based on everything I’ve seen and read Jansson seems to be happy at ER - but even if he wasn’t Id understand why he turned down the opportunity to move to Russia. I wouldn’t want to bring up my kids there, even for 5x the money, if I was already earning 10k or so a week in Leeds

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Yeah, Jansson thing sounds like lazy journo bollocks.

He hasnt played because of his involvement in the World Cup, the lack of pre season and the fact MB like to have at least 6 weeks with a player before feeling he has got his style across sufficiently.

All that may be bollocks in and of itself but who in their right mind would not want to be part of the Beilsa revolution, let alone a ball playing CB that used to be a striker like PJ??

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:27 pm

If we can get anywhere near £8m for PJ we should snatch their fcking hands off,he does not fit into Bielsas plans,then let him spend it,he is currently making do and mend with what he has (and doing a fcking remarkable job may i add) with the likes of Berardi,Phillips,Alioski...fck me give this magician some cash and the sky's the limit.
I'm already fcking dreading him doing an amazing job here with no funds and the Scum coming knocking at the door for his services whilst looking for a manager who can get the Scum playing in the style of high pressing that the boring twat Mourinho isn't capable of.
Please don't do that to me,I still haven't recovered from Mcqueen and Jordan never mind Cantona.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 pm

kennyb41 wrote:If we can get anywhere near £8m for PJ we should snatch their fcking hands off,he does not fit into Bielsas plans,then let him spend it,he is currently making do and mend with what he has (and doing a fcking remarkable job may i add) with the likes of Berardi,Phillips,Alioski...fck me give this magician some cash and the sky's the limit.
I'm already fcking dreading him doing an amazing job here with no funds and the Scum coming knocking at the door for his services whilst looking for a manager who can get the Scum playing in the style of high pressing that the boring twat Mourinho isn't capable of.
Please don't do that to me,I still haven't recovered from Mcqueen and Jordan never mind Cantona.

I'm not worried about him going elsewhere mid season, he'd want a full preseason with any club. Doesn't mean he won't just walk out because Radz says something stupid though.

As for Jansson, it wouldn't matter if we took £10m+, the best we could do to replace him would be a loan until January. He's not played yet but that doesn't mean he's not in Bielsa's plans. He's our best CB (which doesn't mean he IS in Bielsa's plans), why would we want to sell him now? Any player Bielsa brings in either needs to have worked with him before or be prepared to spend 6 weeks on the sidelines getting up to speed. Any loan signing now won't play before October, any January signing will be lucky to get a game before March.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 pm

jackos wrote:I’m not saying Bielsa doesn’t rate Jansson, just speculating in why we might have accepted a bid for him,

Reports, from well kippered sources such as Hay & Mosco state the CLUB, not Janson, turned down the offer in region of 10M
Good news is unlike the RV offer Radz did not take it, thoroughly I suspect it more likely Radzt think PJ is worth more, especially when he comes back, and not doubt plays well up to January. The going rate for an EPL defender is now 50M so as crazy I think it is even writing this 20M would not surprise me in this crazy market for a top Chumps league defender.
Id speculate El Loco would have objected to the sale, just as he did with RV. He knows PJ is one of best players, certainly best defender and it wont surprise me to see PJ as captain.
Pontus is definitely an El Loco style player, the best ball playing defender we have.
We are woefully short at the back, Coops fragile injury record and the whole defensive units poor discipline record cream that we need a backup. Trouble is we dont have room in the 25 man squad or budget for a the quality of player we need, but would likely sit on the bench.
Very hard to bench Cooper who is obviously respected by the squad to keep getting picked & wear the Capts armband, and generally a damned reliable hard working player.
El Loco publicly rates Shaunessy &
Sorry to correct Phil but pretty sure Janson has played, all be it as a sub.

Its a long season, just as some may have been shocked El Loco astutely hauled off KP, its wisdom to this a marathon not a sprint and take his time not to play PJ unless 100% ready. So far the results have surprised, we had the luxury of not needing PJ but we certainly need him Satidi to fk up Pinky!

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Danny Rose to PSG ? nice sell on fee to Lufc if that happens!

Return to “The Square Ball”