Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:48 am

Well fuck him then, the idiot.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 am

Mr Reality wrote:Chelsea's loan business isn't a charity. Blackman will have cost at least 200k as a loan fee probably more.

Far less than it would have cost to get Stockdale as the Zulus would not let him go out on loan , or loan with option to buy.
Stockdale would be double Blackman wages + higher fee
Lonney has gone again - more wages freed up up
Must be money saved in the budget for GK if lufc were serious, there must have been funds allocated for Stockdale or Gunn caliber keeper who would have cost us double the current 2 GKs

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about that Chelsea pay their young players big money, kinnear even mentioned it that both baker and Blackman are on high wages.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Am I correct in thinking this will be another transfer window where the owner wears a big smile at the end of it. Just like last season he'll be well 'In the Black'. Wood and Taylor sales seeing to that.
This season he's had the help of shifting dead wood. Money to be used for team strengthening off the 49ers plus the RV sale money.

I know there's running costs but is the owner doing enough to back the manager and 30 thousand fans paying gate money?

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:Funds should be available;
money in for RV was a bonus to coffers although
Yep we always seem to loose a top player so revenue maybe expected, (although until window shuts we still have not 100% retained Pontus & Saiz)
Massive running cost savings as 15 players cut, gone, loaned or assumed going.
Bamford at say 7m was less than 11M allegedly agreed for Vydra.
No GK fee - Blackman U23 championship starter level, no fee, half wages of the amount that should have been budget for a premiership starter level keeper e.g. Stockdale /Gunn
Hoping we get CH / def midfielder and FFS less chatter about wingers, not the crucial priority.

Caulker at 1.5M, still only 26, is worth a punt, after the train wreck of self destruction he has survived, if the poor fucker can get through, and turn in good season, at Dundee he must be back on track! When interviewed he expressed for respect for coaches who were honest, mentored & tried to help him e.g. Malky M & Holloway. There is a hell of rough diamond of player
there who maybe under El Loco, living in bungalow at TA, could be polished into a sparkling rock

Chelsea's loan business isn't a charity. Blackman will have cost at least 200k as a loan fee probably more.

I think their loan system is almost a business in itself and a nice little earner for Chelsea . Man City going along similar lines but a bit different , whereby they might sell to a club but have a buy back agreement in place if a player does especially well . No , Chelsea's loan system certainly isn't a charity ....as they say , charity begins at home and it gets Chelsea a good deal of money in .

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Clacton white wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:Funds should be available;
money in for RV was a bonus to coffers although
Yep we always seem to loose a top player so revenue maybe expected, (although until window shuts we still have not 100% retained Pontus & Saiz)
Massive running cost savings as 15 players cut, gone, loaned or assumed going.
Bamford at say 7m was less than 11M allegedly agreed for Vydra.
No GK fee - Blackman U23 championship starter level, no fee, half wages of the amount that should have been budget for a premiership starter level keeper e.g. Stockdale /Gunn
Hoping we get CH / def midfielder and FFS less chatter about wingers, not the crucial priority.

Caulker at 1.5M, still only 26, is worth a punt, after the train wreck of self destruction he has survived, if the poor fucker can get through, and turn in good season, at Dundee he must be back on track! When interviewed he expressed for respect for coaches who were honest, mentored & tried to help him e.g. Malky M & Holloway. There is a hell of rough diamond of player
there who maybe under El Loco, living in bungalow at TA, could be polished into a sparkling rock

Chelsea's loan business isn't a charity. Blackman will have cost at least 200k as a loan fee probably more.

I think their loan system is almost a business in itself and a nice little earner for Chelsea . Man City going along similar lines but a bit different , whereby they might sell to a club but have a buy back agreement in place if a player does especially well . No , Chelsea's loan system certainly isn't a charity ....as they say , charity begins at home and it gets Chelsea a good deal of money in .

Aye Chelsea have got a good thing going from an economic point of view. The ethics of it are questionable but the system is their to be manipulated.

Man city is a different situation with the satellite clubs around the world but again they manipulate things well.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am

why don't we ever do anything as imaginative as this :thumbd: ?

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am

the flying pig wrote:why don't we ever do anything as imaginative as this :thumbd: ?

The "big " clubs have academies everywhere . Where I live ( Clacton ) Chelsea have one - its over 80 miles to Chelsea or London . Colchester United do them too , but kids are going to think "Chelsea or Colchester ? " - who is likely to win ? If Leeds were Prem then there would be a chance but up against the likes of Man City or United who have their evil grasp everywhere , no competition . In current predicament not many kids likely to choose Leeds , parents are the same I guess ........most won't make it of course but they are weeding out the decent or semi decent to still bring on a profit .
The days of an Ian Wright going under the radar for years are gone , big clubs know pretty much all of the talent around , they are snapped up before they are 10 now and on clubs books . Its a gamble I suppose doing it that way , but even more of a gamble not doing it as other huge clubs are out there looking everywhere . I mean , EVERYWHERE .

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:21 am

Yep, even Belle Isle

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:51 am

Clacton white wrote:
the flying pig wrote:why don't we ever do anything as imaginative as this :thumbd: ?

The "big " clubs have academies everywhere . Where I live ( Clacton ) Chelsea have one - its over 80 miles to Chelsea or London . Colchester United do them too , but kids are going to think "Chelsea or Colchester ? " - who is likely to win ? If Leeds were Prem then there would be a chance but up against the likes of Man City or United who have their evil grasp everywhere , no competition . In current predicament not many kids likely to choose Leeds , parents are the same I guess ........most won't make it of course but they are weeding out the decent or semi decent to still bring on a profit .
The days of an Ian Wright going under the radar for years are gone , big clubs know pretty much all of the talent around , they are snapped up before they are 10 now and on clubs books . Its a gamble I suppose doing it that way , but even more of a gamble not doing it as other huge clubs are out there looking everywhere . I mean , EVERYWHERE .

ha, sorry, i meant this, forgot to paste.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45142891

London_White

Postby London_White » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am

the flying pig wrote:
Clacton white wrote:

ha, sorry, i meant this, forgot to paste.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45142891

Because it's a cheap showy trick, and obvious how it's done, designed to divert the fans attention from what's really going on....actually, you're right I wonder why we don't

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 am

Should have done it for Roberts this summer. Like a new signing
#MOT #GAWA

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:56 am

I don't know why tfp is impressed, when we've seen so many players seemingly disappear for entire halves.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm

That Hefele sort that was sort of like the Dog Botherer’s Pontus in their promotion season went to Forest for a reported fee of just £300k. They also look to be signing Sam Byram.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Signed now, innit?

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 am

Birmingham Live state Leeds United had to reject the advances of West Bromwich Albion for Luke Ayling late in the window.
Not convinced all the transfer activity is finished just yet.
Pennington seemed the obvious one to return, as we need defensive reinforcements

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:48 pm

you know these increasingly irritating newsnow headlines that build an article based on people's tweets?... such as

https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/leeds/leeds-fans-looking-forward-to-seeing-blackman

it just makes me wonder if any of the more imaginative posters on here should start a league table to see how many ludicrous tweets they can get reposted into such articles.

bielsa seen feeding stray cats at back of the hilton.

luke ayling punched kyle bartley after holiday advance.

eunan o'kane desperate to fight his way back into bielsa's plans.

i have sacked a couple of publications off newsnow buti really ought to stop clicking so much.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Quiffy wrote:you know these increasingly irritating newsnow headlines that build an article based on people's tweets?... such as

https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/leeds/leeds-fans-looking-forward-to-seeing-blackman

it just makes me wonder if any of the more imaginative posters on here should start a league table to see how many ludicrous tweets they can get reposted into such articles.

i have sacked a couple of publications off newsnow buti really ought to stop clicking so much.

You could try, 'York teacher declares under 13 girls team to be "peak female"', and see what happens.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Talking to a mate at Sky Sports the other day, he was wondering how he might legitimately title his piece on Nick Faldo’s long time female caddy’s status at the top of her game:

“Fanny is best”?
I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:you know these increasingly irritating newsnow headlines that build an article based on people's tweets?... such as

You could try, 'York teacher declares under 13 girls team to be "peak female"', and see what happens.

:lol: even my sordid mind missed that.

Ive been down the park and ride giving my under 15 girls a workout tonight.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Return to “The Square Ball”