Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:53 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Yeah im sure everyone is happy that the money from selling our best player is being used to bring in kids from around Europe to play 23s.

If the money wasn't for the first team squad it should have been made clear at the time.

Also, what's the difference? Let's say five years from now Aapo Halme is a mainstay of our defence and one of the most sought-after defenders in Europe, valued at £75 million. That bit of money on the U23s will have benefited our first team squad, no? That's the whole point of spending it.

Part of holding them to account isn't just believing the positives and ignoring the negatives.

How is giving you actual quotes and evidence believing or ignoring anything?

Let's say 5 years from now they aren't anywhere near and it's more money wasted.

What then?

Also for someone so concerned with accuracy. The original talk about no money came from Peter o Rourke which is pretty much what popey and Phil Hay have said over and over again.

Wilson seems more critical of orta than radrizanni of you actually read his tweets.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:54 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Using the ground.

If Leeds United are renting the ground from Greenfield it'll show up in the accounts that are released next year, unless there's a note in the next set.

Correct maybe that is a question worth asking before they are released. Or if there is a reason the ground is owned by a separate company.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
moscowhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Also for someone so concerned with accuracy. The original talk about no money came from Peter o Rourke which is pretty much what popey and Phil Hay have said over and over again..

There’s Phil Hay disagreeing with Peter O’Rourke and going with Kinnear’s ‘can but not gonna’ line.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:08 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
moscowhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Using the ground.

If Leeds United are renting the ground from Greenfield it'll show up in the accounts that are released next year, unless there's a note in the next set.

Correct maybe that is a question worth asking before they are released. Or if there is a reason the ground is owned by a separate company.

Perhaps. It fairly standard practice though. For example, Anfield isn’t owned by Liverpool, it’s owned by Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool. Same setup as Elland Road.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:17 pm

"Isn't always the same thing"

Is a pretty big safety net for Phil Hay.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Mr Reality wrote:"Isn't always the same thing"

I'm curious how you read that comment, could you explain? You think it's just ass-covering, hedging the question?

To me it says "some bargains are still expensive". Which is pretty factual and relevant. Not sure why the shade.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

ChairmanMeaow

Postby ChairmanMeaow » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:25 pm

There’s a world of difference between cost and value, as any fool knows

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:"Isn't always the same thing"

I'm curious how you read that comment, could you explain? You think it's just ass-covering, hedging the question?

To me it says "some bargains are still expensive". Which is pretty factual and relevant. Not sure why the shade.

Yep hay is covering his ass its what the local media have to do. Whether there isn't any money or whether there is money and they won't spend is pretty much the same thing as money in the bank doesn't contribute on a Saturday afternoon.

I just think it's interesting that Moscow choose to ignore the person who actually started the story to start moaning about some radio bates presenter.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I just think it's interesting that Moscow choose to ignore the person who actually started the story to start moaning about some radio bates presenter.

Yes it's absolutely FASCINATING isn't it, I wonder what CAN it all mean.

I said the story was being "put about" by Mark Wilson, because it was. He's had a lot to say about it, and that's what has been putting the cat among the pigeons on the part of Twitter I was looking at.

What a MYSTERY
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Yep hay is covering his ass its what the local media have to do. Whether there isn't any money or whether there is money and they won't spend is pretty much the same thing as money in the bank doesn't contribute on a Saturday afternoon.

I just think it's interesting that Moscow choose to ignore the person who actually started the story to start moaning about some radio bates presenter.

Ah, ok. Thanks. So you just don't get it, can't read and/or can't think.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:53 pm

so having a discussion on Twitter is putting a story about?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Yep hay is covering his ass its what the local media have to do. Whether there isn't any money or whether there is money and they won't spend is pretty much the same thing as money in the bank doesn't contribute on a Saturday afternoon.

Ah, ok. Thanks. So you just don't get it, can't read and/or can't think.

Don't get the party line ?

Keep your insults coming. :lol:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:22 pm

No, you don't get the intent of an English phrase in what is now officially a tweet being mis-interpreted by an idiot.

Do you or don't you understand the potential, and actual, difference between cost and value for money?

It's your childish hankering for big money spunked in January that reminds me of Ridsdale.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Please find a post where I ask for ridsdale esque spending.

Stop lying to try and deflect.

In the summer the club spent the best part 7-8m but got very little value for money with both signings and contracts. Do you understand the difference? Buy cheap buy twice.

Wasting money on midfield options last summer has now meant that further money has had to be spent on Forshaw when their are still gaps elsewhere in the squad. Same goes for CBj a last minute option trying to address a major weakness which has come back to bite.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm

And buying now on the reflexive advice of a moron would be extremely piss poor value and price.

You're welcome, Peter.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:06 pm

I have always said the club need to be looking for value it's a worry that we can't compete with the big hitters in this league which is why I wanted to see a smaller squad this season with a greater emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Orta went the other way.

Its a critical point of the season we have already spent to cover for mistakes last summer and given we are falling behind in the behind in the league I wonder if they are writing this off, if so I hope lessons are learned unlike from last season to this.

I suggest you give victor a call and explain the difference between cost and value.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

It might be worth a shot, Orta's English comprehension being demonstrably better than yours.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I have always said the club need to be looking for value it's a worry that we can't compete with the big hitters in this league which is why I wanted to see a smaller squad this season with a greater emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Orta went the other way.

Its a critical point of the season we have already spent to cover for mistakes last summer and given we are falling behind in the behind in the league I wonder if they are writing this off, if so I hope lessons are learned unlike from last season to this.

I suggest you give victor a call and explain the difference between cost and value.

This smaller squad you are hankering for.. would that be more or less helpful in dealing with our current injury and suspension crisis that is at the root of our current form do you think?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:44 pm

I
Oheddieeddie wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:I have always said the club need to be looking for value it's a worry that we can't compete with the big hitters in this league which is why I wanted to see a smaller squad this season with a greater emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Orta went the other way.

This smaller squad you are hankering for.. would that be more or less helpful in dealing with our current injury and suspension crisis that is at the root of our current form do you think?

The current form is a lot deeper than the injury and suspension crisis. Although I would be questioning how TC has managed discipline this season or not managed as it would seem.

Has the larger squad helped all the random loan players have they helped ? Has Grot helped? Has Klich helped? Did Cbj help?

Interestingly last season we only 23 players yet we have already used 26. Has the extra depth helped?

I know I know 5 year plan blah blah we don't want promotion this season.....

The reality is a lot of money has been wasted this season by people with big ideas who don't seem to understand those ideas can only be implemented in the top flight. It's a shame but it's true.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Blackwhite wrote:It might be worth a shot, Orta's English comprehension being demonstrably better than yours.

I wouldn't be big headed enough to comment although he needs to improve his ability in the transfer market and sharpish. :thumbl:

Return to “The Square Ball”