Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Clacton white

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Clacton white » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:17 pm

welshwhite wrote:We've signed Jordan Stevens the midfielder from Forest Green Rovers :salute:

Fuck the Sheffield Wednesday game in March, I'm going to watch the under 23s instead :thumbl:

Just seen that ....its one of those WTF moments .
Bloody disappointed Lonergren didn't fuck off though . Stuck with that useless bugger still .
It was a very odd transfer window - a lot of under 23's . I don't get it unless they think some of them will come on a fair bit and some money can be made .... a lot of gambles here I think , IMO first team should have been strengthened a little more ( and lose Lonergren of course - which would strengthen first team :D ) . O'FuckingKane's suspension must be over soon ........ SHIT .

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Genuine question for the various Sages of TSB forum - does anyone think that social media might have had an impact on this transfer window?

This might sound like a ludicrous question but I don't think it's necessarily an untoward one. For the weeks leading up to and during January, Twitter seemed to go from repeatedly demanding a left-back to repeatedly demanding a striker. There were other people saying sign wingers etc but by and large it was left-back, left-back, left-back until De Bock came in and then it was striker, striker, striker right up until the last day. An obvious explanation is that the opinion of the fans correlated with the opinion of the club but I can't help but look at the players we have brought in and wonder if there is maybe a small chance that the owner being on Twitter influenced the decisions. Admittedly we also brought in some U23s and Forshaw but those were the type of signings I expected in that we seem to be consciously looking for players with potential or looking to take advantage of a good player being out of favour. From what I remember the message from the club was always that they will do deals if the right player comes up for the right price and it could well be that De Bock and Roberts were exactly that but was it also kowtowing on some level?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 pm

we've let eoghan stokes go. thought he looked handy in the recent u23 match i watched from my laptop, he seemed proper nippy.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Tommy wrote:Genuine question for the various Sages of TSB forum - does anyone think that social media might have had an impact on this transfer window?

This might sound like a ludicrous question but I don't think it's necessarily an untoward one. For the weeks leading up to and during January, Twitter seemed to go from repeatedly demanding a left-back to repeatedly demanding a striker. There were other people saying sign wingers etc but by and large it was left-back, left-back, left-back until De Bock came in and then it was striker, striker, striker right up until the last day. An obvious explanation is that the opinion of the fans correlated with the opinion of the club but I can't help but look at the players we have brought in and wonder if there is maybe a small chance that the owner being on Twitter influenced the decisions. Admittedly we also brought in some U23s and Forshaw but those were the type of signings I expected in that we seem to be consciously looking for players with potential or looking to take advantage of a good player being out of favour. From what I remember the message from the club was always that they will do deals if the right player comes up for the right price and it could well be that De Bock and Roberts were exactly that but was it also kowtowing on some level?
I think it has an effect on all clubs especially when a manager is under pressure.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm

People wanted a left back because we needed a left back.

Same goes for the striking options.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Mr Reality wrote:People wanted a left back because we needed a left back.

We should have kept buying the right players for the right price quiet. Other teams will start to copy that now.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:09 pm

welshwhite wrote:

We should have kept buying the right players for the right price quiet. Other teams will start to copy that now.

:mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah, what he said. I thought we needed a left back because we needed a left back. Ditto striker. Also very happy to have [I hope] a better defensive midfielder in Forshaw than anyone else we had. Social media had no effect at all on my thinking the aforesaid. I assume the various folk at Leeds United, what with their football knowledge, experience etc, are capable of the same thought process.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 pm

Does that Bouy lad that was at Cultural have a squad number? Is he eligible? Might be useful as a stand in CB?!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Seems that Tyler Roberts won't be playing against Cardiff as he has a minor injury [picked up at West Brom]. Will be fit for Sheff Utd match, though.
Pennington will partner Pontus at the back.
[From today's press conference.]

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Seems that Tyler Roberts won't be playing against Cardiff as he has a minor injury [picked up at West Brom].

Splinter in the ass?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Ontolly » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Didn’t he give the same information about the other new lad. I like to think that he makes them watch a game before allowing them near the first team.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 am

Ontolly wrote:Didn’t he give the same information about the other new lad. I like to think that he makes them watch a game before allowing them near the first team.

Not a bad idea really , why throw people in with a team they don't know at all straight away . But then why not just say that if its the case .

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 am

If he was fit you'd think he'd be on the bench at least

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
No debate at all.

Your constant stream of invective against the club and TC gets a bit wearing though, and that's coming from a negative cunt like me. You very rarely seem to consider the context and background that decisions are made against, you just pronounce them shit, and keep pronouncing them shit.

It jars, and there's no light and shade to it, You suggest no degrees of approbation in your thinking and when this club has been to it's absolute lowest ebb in the last few years things are clearly not as bad as you make out now.

It detracts from your points as people just think you're off on one again, and that no amount of contrary evidence would ever alter your views, so what's the point

You can piss and moan all you want.....ignore, block do whatever.

Professional sport isn’t like life..there is no grey, its black and white. You’re either good enough or you’re not. It’s harsh and merciless where judgements and opinions make or break careers.

The players and staff at the club know this, they chose to put themselves in this position.......

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Ponte wrote:Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week.

Is he our Daniel Sturridge?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Yeboah wrote:Professional sport isn’t like life..there is no grey, its black and white. You’re either good enough or you’re not. It’s harsh and merciless where judgements and opinions make or break careers.

I didn't read this post at the time, so didn't realise how totally ridiculous it is. What a load of shite.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Ponte wrote:Tyler Roberts faces an extended period out after picking up an ankle injury in training earlier this week.

Waccoe cunt reckons it's a stress fracture, having spoken to someone at the club. If true, could be a month or so.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm

sounds like he might fit in quite well here.

Return to “The Square Ball”