Blunts v 10 Men Cyberkop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Blunts v 10 Men Cyberkop

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Key thing about Lasogga is he’s a percentage player. Just need people around him to bang the ball into his feet relentlessly and get him to keep shooting. Think he gets frustrated when he’s not getting chances and his head goes down. Still don’t see him as part of a long term plan though.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Key thing about Lasogga is he’s a percentage player. Just need people around him to bang the ball into his feet relentlessly and get him to keep shooting. Think he gets frustrated when he’s not getting chances and his head goes down. Still don’t see him as part of a long term plan though.

Given what he is likely to cost in a fee and wages can we afford to have somebody who has question marks over his attitude and fitness.

In terms of his ability he's a above championship level but can he focused for a 46 game season?

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Key thing about Lasogga is he’s a percentage player. Just need people around him to bang the ball into his feet relentlessly and get him to keep shooting. Think he gets frustrated when he’s not getting chances and his head goes down. Still don’t see him as part of a long term plan though.

Given what he is likely to cost in a few and wages can we afford to have somebody who has question marks over his attitude and fitness.

In terms of his ability he's a above championship level but can he focused for a 46 game season?

I see him as a bit like Viduka - only not as good ( not nearly as good at the moment in reality ) . One of the few in this side who have some physical presence , so maybe that's a good thing . Don't think he has the pace of Viduka but played at a decent level in Germany . Don't see him or Pennington here next season though for a few reasons ( transfer/wages/ambition ) .
I really would like to see shot of O'FuckingKane and Ayling , tough the later is out for the season , more often than not a liability ...and O'FK .....you're down to 10 men with him merely being on the pitch . It really baffles me what managers have seen in him of late ..... it really must be lack of fit/available players that gets him into the side . I'd rather play a youth/younger player who at least may try to contribute something positive .

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Pennington is probably another we can cross off our wish list, we had to pay Everton half a million quid just to bring him here on loan (that was strange).

He's probably on wages we can't afford at his parent club.

The only way we'd get him is if Everton don't think he's good enough for them. That would raise the question would we want him here on a long term contract?

He and Lasogga are another test for the top table, personally I'd let the two of them go back and save the money for someone else. For instance, remembering what league we're in, A big target man (Lasogga is not one). A big centre half, Penners is not one.

Top of my shopping list, just three players - Midfield enforcer, another big ugly Centre half, and a, don't fuck with me big Centre Forward.

Its time we fought back in this shithouse league. A mixture of skill and guile.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Clacton white wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Given what he is likely to cost in a few and wages can we afford to have somebody who has question marks over his attitude and fitness.

I see him as a bit like Viduka - only not as good ( not nearly as good at the moment in reality ) . One of the few in this side who have some physical presence , so maybe that's a good thing . Don't think he has the pace of Viduka but played at a decent level in Germany . Don't see him or Pennington here next season though for a few reasons ( transfer/wages/ambition ) .
I really would like to see shot of O'FuckingKane and Ayling , tough the later is out for the season , more often than not a liability ...and O'FK .....you're down to 10 men with him merely being on the pitch . It really baffles me what managers have seen in him of late ..... it really must be lack of fit/available players that gets him into the side . I'd rather play a youth/younger player who at least may try to contribute something positive .

Not sure about the difference in pace between the two but viduka certainly had a lot more guile, great feet and was a monster physically compared to lassoga

I think we may have a chance of getting Pennington if Allardyce stays at Everton but I do suspect this may be the last season we have Pontus.

Tired of talking about o kane we have had some poor captains in recent years and this clown is right up there.

I don't mind ayling as much but he's had a poor season prior to his injury. I would have bought Coyle back and played him if it was possible. Hopefully he's given a fair chance in pre season.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Maybe some have missed it - it may have been on Waccoe - but there have already been mutterings about us lining up Pennington for a permanent deal in the summer. I'm guessing Everton might have hinted they don't see him as developing into a Prem player. Their sights are somewhat higher than ours, after all.

Re Ayling, I think his main problem this season has been trying to do too much. If The Heck basically tells him to concentrate on being a RB again, like he did when he first came here, he'll be one of best players again. It would help, of course, if he didn't have quite so many shit players around him for whom he thinks he has to make up.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Maybe some have missed it - it may have been on Waccoe - but there have already been mutterings about us lining up Pennington for a permanent deal in the summer. I'm guessing Everton might have hinted they don't see him as developing into a Prem player. Their sights are somewhat higher than ours, after all.

We're also planning on being Everton mk2 in a couple of seasons. We don't want the fish that John West rejected.

Willheheckaslike knows what's needed, he has to have a say in our incomings.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:45 pm

welshwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Maybe some have missed it - it may have been on Waccoe - but there have already been mutterings about us lining up Pennington for a permanent deal in the summer. I'm guessing Everton might have hinted they don't see him as developing into a Prem player. Their sights are somewhat higher than ours, after all.

We're also planning on being Everton mk2 in a couple of seasons. We don't want the fish that John West rejected.

They said on commentary yesterday that they rate him very highly at Everton, and they are after selling Kean already according to footy gossip today.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Dale White wrote:They said on commentary yesterday that they rate him very highly at Everton

followed by 'just not by many of the first team managers' :mrgreen:

personally thought stuart dallas was very good at right back and i'd be quite happy for him to keep that slot, he was good going fforward but managed to be in the right place enough of the time in defence.

sloggy pete also impressed me with his attitude all game and that's something i didn't expect to write, but he was up for it big time and worked his generous backside off. his header was also bloody good, not one that a lot of strikers could have successfully done.

alioski and roofe need a rest, i thought roofe was better after his concussion he was so far off the pace, phillips was his usual dopey self never seeming to be where you want him. samu's now done 5 of his 6 game ban which made me wonder what our best midfield would be, so without a lot of thought...

......................wiedwald............
....dallas....pennington.....pontus,,,,debock
pablo.......vieira.........forshaw.........alioski
.....................saiz........................
.......................pete...................

maybe swap alioski for dallas and stick berardi back in at full back. i don't know enough about roberts, so he could go left wing maybe. anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what he goes for, even if yeboah thinks it's obvious what the starting 11 should be.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Quiffy wrote:
sloggy pete

Very good :cheers:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Dale White wrote:
welshwhite wrote:

They said on commentary yesterday that they rate him very highly at Everton, and they are after selling Kean already according to footy gossip today.

Yeah, I know what they said on the commentary, but the likelihood of a Sky commentator actually knowing what the real situation at Everton is is very low.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Dale White wrote:They said on commentary yesterday that they rate him very highly at Everton

followed by 'just not by many of the first team managers' :mrgreen:

personally thought stuart dallas was very good at right back and i'd be quite happy for him to keep that slot, he was good going fforward but managed to be in the right place enough of the time in defence.

sloggy pete also impressed me with his attitude all game and that's something i didn't expect to write, but he was up for it big time and worked his generous backside off. his header was also bloody good, not one that a lot of strikers could have successfully done.

alioski and roofe need a rest, i thought roofe was better after his concussion he was so far off the pace, phillips was his usual dopey self never seeming to be where you want him. samu's now done 5 of his 6 game ban which made me wonder what our best midfield would be, so without a lot of thought...

......................wiedwald............
....dallas....pennington.....pontus,,,,debock
pablo.......vieira.........forshaw.........alioski
.....................saiz........................
.......................pete...................

maybe swap alioski for dallas and stick berardi back in at full back. i don't know enough about roberts, so he could go left wing maybe. anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what he goes for, even if yeboah thinks it's obvious what the starting 11 should be.

No I’m good with that, apart from Alioski on the wing, he should only have a chance of playing if we go 3 at the back.

We need a system that allows all the best players to get on the pitch....which that team has.

There’s 7 or 8 that are unarguably first choices. The rest just don’t need to fuck it up!

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Yeboah wrote:No I’m good with that, apart from Alioski on the wing, he should only have a chance of playing if we go 3 at the back.

We need a system that allows all the best players to get on the pitch....which that team has.

There’s 7 or 8 that are unarguably first choices. The rest just don’t need to fuck it up!

so no alioski, which the notes at the bottom sort of agree with, but it would be good to know what you'd have instead.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Yeboah wrote:No I’m good with that, apart from Alioski on the wing, he should only have a chance of playing if we go 3 at the back.

so no alioski, which the notes at the bottom sort of agree with, but it would be good to know what you'd have instead.

With 442

That team is good, I’d have PH wide left with licence to roam, Dallas on the right and Gaetano at RB.

With 352

Play Debock as left side Centre back next to Pontus and Penners.

Dallas RWB, alioski LWB

Forshaw and Vieira with Saiz in the middle.

Pablo and PML upfront.

I think Saiz playing deeper is better as he’s more involved and can influence the game more, plus Pablo is a better no 10 than him.

352 allows more players in their correct positions and should be better , but you need flexibility depending on situation, opposition etc.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm

:thumbl: and the formation would change depending on the opposition or do you have a preferred choice?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Quiffy wrote::thumbl: and the formation would change depending on the opposition or do you have a preferred choice?

352..... suits the personnel best I think.

Some games.....and parts of some games you might go 541 and against some opposition (Cardiff) I’d go 3 up front at least to start with and just go route 1.

I think that was the issue with TC, lack of pragmatism to get the best result for that game.

Very few teams can just play ‘their’ way all the time.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Yeboah wrote:Some games.....and parts of some games you might go 541 and against some opposition (Cardiff) I’d go 3 up front at least to start with and just go route 1.

I think that was the issue with TC, lack of pragmatism to get the best result for that game.

see this is where we disagree. you say very few teams can play their way all the time, but you are willing to allow cardiff to do that by sacrificing the midfield and make it a game of hoof and deferring to them.

i'd say you adjust your defensive training for the week to prepare for the aerial bombardment, but get the attackers to keep it on the ground to test the non-aerial skills. dominate the midfield by being nippier, essentially try and stick to your identity. i reckon it's hard enough to be good at one winning style of football, rather than expect them to be good at many.

you've got very high expectations.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Soggy Pete is one of the strangest players I can remember seeing turn out for Leeds. He's obviously far better than we should be able to get in the Championship but fucking hell is it ever painful to watch him most of the time. Aside from Saiz, I think he represents Orta's biggest coup, albeit tempered by the fact that he's only a loan and obviously has some issues with fitness to put it mildly. If he hadn't inexplicably disappeared for that month or so he'd have a few more goals and chances are we'd be in marginally better health as a team. If both he and Saiz had been available for selection for this whole season, there's a chance that TC would still be employed.

The irritating thing is that I reckon 4231 is probably the best formation we could use to get the most out of Soggy Pete given the players we have available but now that's been chucked out baby and bathwater stylee because we had an injury and suspension crisis. If we're actually going to play 433, you have to wonder where Saiz will play when he gets back.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Some games.....and parts of some games you might go 541 and against some opposition (Cardiff) I’d go 3 up front at least to start with and just go route 1.

see this is where we disagree. you say very few teams can play their way all the time, but you are willing to allow cardiff to do that by sacrificing the midfield and make it a game of hoof and deferring to them.

i'd say you adjust your defensive training for the week to prepare for the aerial bombardment, but get the attackers to keep it on the ground to test the non-aerial skills. dominate the midfield by being nippier, essentially try and stick to your identity. i reckon it's hard enough to be good at one winning style of football, rather than expect them to be good at many.

you've got very high expectations.

Disagreeing is cool, it’s a forum after all.

Understand what you mean with Cardiff but the obvious counter is that being ‘us’ didn’t work and we were already 2 nil down when Gaetano got sent off.

There’s a huge part of professional sport where the mental side cannot be overlooked.

TC came out the Friday before the Cardiff game and said effectively what you did above, play to feet keep it on the ground etc.

Colin knows we aren’t good enough to do that, so used it as motivation for his team with predictable results. If we’d come out 523 with 3 big lumps up front and just pinged diagnosis if only for the first 30 minutes, then the minimum you do is wrong foot Colin and he has to change things. Once you do that, it’s a win...tactically as you aren’t playing to oppositions strengths.

Even Peps Bayern team got done by Madrid..with better tactics.

Players wise, they are professionals...I expect them to be prepared.

There’s a saying in the NFL..... ‘do your job’.....that’s all I expect. The players to be prepared and knowing, without any doubt what their job is when they cross the line.

In that context the style and formation aren’t relevant to individual players, they just need to know what their roles are.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Tommy wrote:

Soggy Pete is one of the strangest players I can remember seeing turn out for Leeds. He's obviously far better than we should be able to get in the Championship but fucking hell is it ever painful to watch him most of the time. Aside from Saiz, I think he represents Orta's biggest coup, albeit tempered by the fact that he's only a loan and obviously has some issues with fitness to put it mildly. If he hadn't inexplicably disappeared for that month or so he'd have a few more goals and chances are we'd be in marginally better health as a team. If both he and Saiz had been available for selection for this whole season, there's a chance that TC would still be employed.

The irritating thing is that I reckon 4231 is probably the best formation we could use to get the most out of Soggy Pete given the players we have available but now that's been chucked out baby and bathwater stylee because we had an injury and suspension crisis. If we're actually going to play 433, you have to wonder where Saiz will play when he gets back.

To get the best out of him, we need to get the ball in the box from good advanced crossing positions. If the plan isn’t to do that then there’s no point playing him.

Return to “The Square Ball”