Blunts v 10 Men Cyberkop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Blunts v 10 Men Cyberkop

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:29 pm

welshwhite wrote:Bugger! We only start playing when we're losing. PH has to get to work on our mentality and approach to games.

Bang it in!!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:30 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Yes, he was going down anyway and Kane tried to pull up but contact made

Exactly what happened - he was definitely diving already but left enough behind to allow some kind of contact to be made, and it was.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:31 pm

File under 'shite, with brief glimmers of average'

SmithyHK

Postby SmithyHK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Sacko going on for Alioski, knew we were done today. Shame, this was quite some distance from being our worst performance of late.
Death to the Unbelievers

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 pm

A defeat but much better from us especially in the second half, we got the ball forward much quicker and we pressed without the ball, we should have had a point but for O'kanes fucking stupid challenge.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:51 pm

We never really troubled them at the back, there was a lot of disjointed play from us in the final 3rd. Pablo tried his best. Sacko was never the answer to Alioski, who himself was really poor today.
Andymac

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:51 pm

On the whole can't see too much point stressing about that. PH needs at least three games before we'll have the slightest idea what's happening.

SmithyHK

Postby SmithyHK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Noel & Co laying into Alioski, I thought he was committed and chased everything. Still too many dinks and flicks that don’t work, but Sacko as alternative offered far less (again). PML good game. Hernandez’ entry made the team come to life, however still liable to getting dispossessed at key moments. Forshaw, Pennington, Pontus, Dallas all solid, Roofe, Phillips and EOK not. Wiedwald shaping up steadily, good to see Ekuban return.

Next couple of games should see playoffs talk to bed. There is a decent core in this side. We played more direct, which went ok for a first attempt.
Death to the Unbelievers

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:04 pm

We've gone from top to tenth, teams below us have a game in hand. This new manager has a huge task ahead. Much more than a change of formation, etc, needed to sort us out.

We've been on the slide long before our suspensions. The owner and everyone at the club now realise that this season is dead.

Miracle needed to get us right for next season.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Would much rather see Forshaw in the deeper role O'Kane played. I don't think he's as shit as some people but was at fault for both goals today (along with Roofe on the first).

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Dale White wrote:A defeat but much better from us especially in the second half, we got the ball forward much quicker and we pressed without the ball, we should have had a point but for O'kanes fucking stupid challenge.

Oh shit . HE'S back , O'FuckingKane .

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Leeds
vs.
Bristol City

Derby
vs.
Leeds

Leeds
vs.
Brentford

Middlesbrough
vs.
Leeds

Leeds
vs.
Wolves

Reading
vs.
Leeds

He's taken over at a very brave time. including today their a set of sticky games.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Would much rather see Forshaw in the deeper role O'Kane played. I don't think he's as shit as some people but was at fault for both goals today (along with Roofe on the first).

I do think O'Kane's shit, as it goes. He obviously talks a decent game behind the scenes, seems a bit more intelligent than the average footballer, obviously came across well to The Heckster in the week... who fell for it and made him captain. I agree with Eric, there's not much point in having a go when it's the new fellah's first match, but the fact that he's taken a three-day look at it and picked O'Kane as his first captain [albeit Cooper isn't available anyway], worried me prior to kick-off. Imo, O'Kane simply isn't up to it and shouldn't be playing for us any more. I guess we had to rest Vieira and so he got another chance due to lack of personnel, but captain? Fuck off, Heck. Forshaw is surely better suited.
So, O'Kane's last contribution was a stupid red card. His two main contributions today were a shit header for their first goal and a penalty for for their second. He's a cunt.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Team selection, especially with this squad....is not rocket science.

SmithyHK

Postby SmithyHK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Would much rather see Forshaw in the deeper role O'Kane played. I don't think he's as shit as some people but was at fault for both goals today (along with Roofe on the first).

Aye. Most EOK howlers come from tackling / passing in defence. He’s very capable at niggling halfway onwards, and serves a useful, hard working link role on attack. Tippy Tappy in our third, prefer Forshaw every time.
Death to the Unbelievers

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Yeboah wrote:Team selection, especially with this squad....is not rocket science.

Our best eleven are a long way from a top six side. Some good individuals but not a shread of consistency.

A loan player has sort of saved our season from real shiteness.

SmithyHK

Postby SmithyHK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:34 pm

...didn’t pick up he was captain today till now, that is mystifying
Death to the Unbelievers

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Team selection, especially with this squad....is not rocket science.

Our best eleven are a long way from a top six side. Some good individuals but not a shread of consistency.

A loan player has sort of saved our season from real shiteness.

Disagree, the best eleven have never been on the pitch together and the team (whoever was picked) have been handicapped by the management teams lack of tactical awareness, pragmatism and ability.

Today, we’ve gone to a ‘play off rival’ had more possession, more attempts, more passes etc. and were unlucky to lose. On a different day with a different ref. we’d have got at least a draw.

This manager is a big step up from before on today’s evidence. Just need to sort the team selection out.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 pm

SmithyHK wrote:...didn’t pick up he was captain today till now, that is mystifying

Yeah, shouldn’t be in the squad never mind the team. With our MF today we effectively played with 9 men.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:55 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

I do think O'Kane's shit, as it goes. He obviously talks a decent game behind the scenes, seems a bit more intelligent than the average footballer, obviously came across well to The Heckster in the week... who fell for it and made him captain. I agree with Eric, there's not much point in having a go when it's the new fellah's first match, but the fact that he's taken a three-day look at it and picked O'Kane as his first captain [albeit Cooper isn't available anyway], worried me prior to kick-off. Imo, O'Kane simply isn't up to it and shouldn't be playing for us any more. I guess we had to rest Vieira and so he got another chance due to lack of personnel, but captain? Fuck off, Heck. Forshaw is surely better suited.
So, O'Kane's last contribution was a stupid red card. His two main contributions today were a shit header for their first goal and a penalty for for their second. He's a cunt.

Giving the captaincy to somebody who got himself needlessly sent off in his last game was a poor start. Leaving Pablo out also wasn't inspiring.

As for o kane he just has very little intelligence on the field.

Return to “The Square Ball”