Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Daily Heil reporting the 49ers are close to taking another 15% in the club.
Keep Fighting

Chieftain626
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:56 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Chieftain626 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:23 pm

More money this time?

jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:More money this time?


Hopefully speeds up the start of the process to extend and develop Elland Road, I guess their involvement/money is a prerequisite for that work given their experience in stadium develop etc. According to the article they'd be investing ~36M for 15% ( based on the 240)

"Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani is close to selling another significant stake to the San Francisco 49ers in a deal that would value the club at around £240million. Sportsmail has learned that negotiations are at an advanced stage, with the 49ers aiming to increase their shareholding at Elland Road to 25 per cent. They bought an initial stake of 10 per cent two years ago. Radrizzani paid Massimo Cellino £45m in two instalments to take control at Leeds in 2014 and the club's value has rocketed under his stewardship."
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Tommy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Rumours abound that Radrizzani (remember him?) and maybe the 49ers (remember them?) might be bidding to buy Valencia again. Haven't been able to ascertain if this also includes the receipt for Rodrigo.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 am

Angus Kinnear is a funny guy:

Member of a clique

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 am

Pitch News:


User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Ponte » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:50 am

dirty leeds wrote:Pitch News:


£300k is fuck all when you consider how much you get extra for every position up the league you finish. The old pitch would cost us points.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

Ponte wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Pitch News:


£300k is fuck all when you consider how much you get extra for every position up the league you finish. The old pitch would cost us points.


yep, £2m per place. as you say our recent pitch could easily have cost us a place already, it's ruinously bad for our style of football.

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Arnieb » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:31 am

49ers have increased their share from 10% to 37%. Paraag appointed as vice chairman.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:33 am

Arnieb wrote:49ers have increased their share from 10% to 37%. Paraag appointed as vice chairman.

Wow!
Serious investment there.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Wing Wizard
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:48 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Wing Wizard » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Interesting split now, I'm sure you need 2/3rds of the shares to enact a sale of the business, so todays news means the 49ers will now have a veto over any such move.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Ponte » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:18 pm

Get the wallet out for RDP then, septic cunts.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Couple of observations on this:

Firstly, I think the notion of a step-by-step takeover intuitively feels better than the usual cut and run process; engagement and learning becomes embedded.

Secondly, I think that in terms of the immediate future of the football club, ownership and money are pretty much secondary to the question of who replaces Marcelo. Gut feeling is we get one more season from him, tops. After that's sorted I'll worry about who owns us and where we're going.
Member of a clique

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Anyone able to copy and paste the times article?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leed ... -7b6wwqhc2
Keep Fighting

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Arnieb » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Wing Wizard wrote:Interesting split now, I'm sure you need 2/3rds of the shares to enact a sale of the business, so todays news means the 49ers will now have a veto over any such move.


Not sure but Paraag mentioned that it had taken a long time to negotiate the investment, so I would expect there is a detailed shareholders' agreement setting out what stuff gets decided on a majority basis and what stuff required unanimous support. Yep first area of veto will be over what happens when 1 party decides to sell their stake.

jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:14 pm

Great to hear that improving and developing ER is a priority for The49ers

Traditional Socialist Bastard

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby rss1969 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 pm

I am not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand I do not want us to be owned by Americans (nothing against our Yank posters).........their idea of sport is closed shop sick bag fanfare. These are the people behind this continuous breakaway league, fucking everyone else over at the same time.

On the other hand, Radz does not have the hard cash to take us anywhere close to the top 4/6 on his own and without that investment we will eventually languish in mid-table at best.

I suppose that we have to trust that everyone has the clubs best interest at heart.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Interesting how the 49ers are kind of held up as paragons of stadium regeneration. I mean, I’m not sure how getting the city of Santa Clara to take out loans and build them a $1bn stadium in exchange for $25m per annum rent quite equates to our desire to knock down and rebuild bits of Elland Road
Keep Fighting

jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm

rss1969 wrote:I am not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand I do not want us to be owned by Americans (nothing against our Yank posters).........their idea of sport is closed shop sick bag fanfare. These are the people behind this continuous breakaway league, fucking everyone else over at the same time.

On the other hand, Radz does not have the hard cash to take us anywhere close to the top 4/6 on his own and without that investment we will eventually languish in mid-table at best.

I suppose that we have to trust that everyone has the clubs best interest at heart.


I agree with your sentiment, and would rather we were locally owned, but that's not a reality for many EPL clubs these days. Given the choice of the club being owned by a sports club like the 49ers, a drinks company, a Russian oligarch or a tiny Arab kingdom I think I favour the US option, and of the US "franchises" I guess the 49ers must be one of the better options given that they already own the 12th most valuable sporting club on the planet?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenh ... ecb74b3c74

They are in it because they want a global brand, something that is very difficult with a NFL club, but very possible with a successful EPL club. For them to be successful our club needs to be successful, and they will have to bring the fans along with them to achieve that, at least as much as any EPL club does, and {I think} we all want EPL football at ER.
Traditional Socialist Bastard

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby rss1969 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:56 pm

jackos wrote:
rss1969 wrote:I am not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand I do not want us to be owned by Americans (nothing against our Yank posters).........their idea of sport is closed shop sick bag fanfare. These are the people behind this continuous breakaway league, fucking everyone else over at the same time.

On the other hand, Radz does not have the hard cash to take us anywhere close to the top 4/6 on his own and without that investment we will eventually languish in mid-table at best.

I suppose that we have to trust that everyone has the clubs best interest at heart.


I agree with your sentiment, and would rather we were locally owned, but that's not a reality for many EPL clubs these days. Given the choice of the club being owned by a sports club like the 49ers, a drinks company, a Russian oligarch or a tiny Arab kingdom I think I favour the US option, and of the US "franchises" I guess the 49ers must be one of the better options given that they already own the 12th most valuable sporting club on the planet?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenh ... ecb74b3c74

They are in it because they want a global brand, something that is very difficult with a NFL club, but very possible with a successful EPL club. For them to be successful our club needs to be successful, and they will have to bring the fans along with them to achieve that, at least as much as any EPL club does, and {I think} we all want EPL football at ER.


Yeah thanks for that. As global corporate ownership goes the above seems the least worst option I suppose.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 97 guests