Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ignatius J. Reilly

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Ignatius J. Reilly » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:31 pm

So, we finished 3rd in 2018/19 on the 7th highest wage bill in the division.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Seriously don't waste your energy.

It's alright, Mr. R. I just find it funny the way he's trying to slide away from all his pronouncements. :D

I won't be replying to him any more.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:34 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Is Bielsa a fraud? .....to be decided.

Apologies, Ponte, but as much as I don't give a flying fuck about what Yebore thinks about anything at all, he ain't getting away with this one.

'To be decided'? :lol:
Well, not by you.

You already declared.
When you repeatedly called him a fraud.
When you told him to 'fuck off'.
When you told us we'd never be promoted with him in charge.
When you said he wasn't worth the money.
When you wrote #bielsaout at H-T during Millwall match.

You already made your mind up.

[Not to mention that there was no alternative to voiding the season.]

No wriggle-room for you. :lol:

Getting away with what? Yes I made my mind up. And on voiding the season I didn’t say there was no alternative, I said it seemed to me to be the easiest way out, for reasons I stated at the time. If there is no effective end date then that clearly changes things as does the threats from the broadcasters.

I’ve already stated on here that I hope he does get us up and that if he does I’ll be the first one to admit I got it wrong. I hope that the league is closed down now with positions done on a PPG basis, as the jocks are voting on now. We can then go up as winners. I’ve followed the club since the mid 70’s. And since we went down I didn’t think we would get back up in my lifetime. If we do it’ll be a tremendous achievement by all involved.

The rest of the things I posted I stand by, except the Millwall game one (nice to see you pay so close attention to my posts! :wink: ) which was tongue in cheek.

He is a fraud, his reputation (and salary) is not backed up by success on the pitch in a tangible sense. He admits he has lacked achievements himself. Sport is a results business, not a pretty picture followed by failure business.

In the normal course of a normal season I don’t think he would get us promoted, we are never going to know now. There is no doubt that a mid season break is exactly what any Bielsa team needs. If we do get back playing, this break will have been a massive advantage to us. Additionally, we are in historic territory for quality in the league with likely the lowest ever points total needed to go up. That is also a lucky break.

Also worth pointing out the resources at his disposal, no manager since DOL has been given as much support as Bielsa. Monk and Cellino got us to 7th with a wage bill c. £30m less than what Bielsa has. Nor has any manager since been able to spend £7m on a striker.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:35 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Seriously don't waste your energy.

It's alright, Mr. R. I just find it funny the way he's trying to slide away from all his pronouncements. :D

I won't be replying to him any more.

The one thing I won’t be doing is ‘sliding away’ from anything.

I’m not that much a square baller.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Come friendly virus and fall on Yebore,

He isn't fit to delight us more...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Tommy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Not that running a football club will ever be as interesting or entertaining as the football itself but I have to admit that keeping us within FFP and still being competitive this season is genuinely impressive. Let’s just hope it works.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:20 pm

Tommy wrote:Not that running a football club will ever be as interesting or entertaining as the football itself but I have to admit that keeping us within FFP and still being competitive this season is genuinely impressive. Let’s just hope it works.

Hmm, maybe.....

Net debt £81m including £53m due within next 12 months. So anyone saying sell KP and it’s all sorted is kidding themselves.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Ahem, this is why voiding season is easiest way out, competitively and legally.....

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Yeboah wrote:Ahem, this is why voiding season is easiest way out, competitively and legally.....

Jumping in the bath with the toaster is the easiest way out. Off you fuck.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Germany has shown the way things are going to pan out and let's the football league will follow whatever happens in the league above.

It's easy to point fingers at the owners at the moment but football across the board is like this.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:42 pm

Yeboah wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Is Bielsa a fraud? .....to be decided.

Apologies, Ponte, but as much as I don't give a flying fuck about what Yebore thinks about anything at all, he ain't getting away with this one.

'To be decided'? :lol:
Well, not by you.

You already declared.
When you repeatedly called him a fraud.
When you told him to 'fuck off'.
When you told us we'd never be promoted with him in charge.
When you said he wasn't worth the money.
When you wrote #bielsaout at H-T during Millwall match.

You already made your mind up.

[Not to mention that there was no alternative to voiding the season.]

No wriggle-room for you. :lol:

Getting away with what? Yes I made my mind up. And on voiding the season I didn’t say there was no alternative, I said it seemed to me to be the easiest way out, for reasons I stated at the time. If there is no effective end date then that clearly changes things as does the threats from the broadcasters.

I’ve already stated on here that I hope he does get us up and that if he does I’ll be the first one to admit I got it wrong. I hope that the league is closed down now with positions done on a PPG basis, as the jocks are voting on now. We can then go up as winners. I’ve followed the club since the mid 70’s. And since we went down I didn’t think we would get back up in my lifetime. If we do it’ll be a tremendous achievement by all involved.

The rest of the things I posted I stand by, except the Millwall game one (nice to see you pay so close attention to my posts! :wink: ) which was tongue in cheek.

He is a fraud, his reputation (and salary) is not backed up by success on the pitch in a tangible sense. He admits he has lacked achievements himself. Sport is a results business, not a pretty picture followed by failure business.

In the normal course of a normal season I don’t think he would get us promoted, we are never going to know now. There is no doubt that a mid season break is exactly what any Bielsa team needs. If we do get back playing, this break will have been a massive advantage to us. Additionally, we are in historic territory for quality in the league with likely the lowest ever points total needed to go up. That is also a lucky break.

Also worth pointing out the resources at his disposal, no manager since DOL has been given as much support as Bielsa. Monk and Cellino got us to 7th with a wage bill c. £30m less than what Bielsa has. Nor has any manager since been able to spend £7m on a striker.

Would be interesting to see how the spending is relative to the situation.

30m wages three/four years ago. What was the turnover at that point? How does it compare relatively across the league. How have wages increased in that time period?

Also worth remembering radrizanni was at the club that season and if memory serves was involved from the summer before completing the deal around January time.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Football finances are fucked.
Who knew?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:53 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Ahem, this is why voiding season is easiest way out, competitively and legally.....

Jumping in the bath with the toaster is the easiest way out. Off you fuck.

Important to leave it plugged in and switched on :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Would be interesting to see how the spending is relative to the situation.

30m wages three/four years ago. What was the turnover at that point? How does it compare relatively across the league. How have wages increased in that time period?

Also worth remembering radrizanni was at the club that season and if memory serves was involved from the summer before completing the deal around January time.

Yes, agree there is an element of context missing however we’ve never had a wage bill c. 90% of turnover before! :shock:

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:59 pm

So, this £53m debt due within 12 months (which is £60m+ if Costa deal is as reported) any ideas how we pay that if not promoted?

Whip round?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:48 pm

Mr Reality wrote:https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1247778318432079874?s=19

Context of the other teams in the league.

that is crazy - the average wages/revenue ratio being 120% :shock:

i think i posted how something like only 3 teams in the league had a positive net spend in the summer window, this is why. when are people going to get their heads around what it just takes to survive in this league?

hats off to rotherham, they finally get promoted from the bottom rungs of the ladder to the riches of the championship, post a profit, but then get relegated. it just shows the difference between league one and the championship is growing into the chasm between the championship and the premiership.

bielsa's wages seem like the shrewdest of investments when you look at the numbers. we desperately need him to stick around.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Bielsa's not a fraud, he hasn't pretended to be anything he's not or deliberately deceived anyone.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:26 pm

There are only two aspects of the accounts that give me cause for concern:
1) the statement from Kinnear that Radz has invested "to deliver his vision of making Leeds United great again". The sentiment is OK but surely he could have found a better phrase?
2) The TV revenue of just under £1.5m is an insult and reflects very badly on those Championship clubs that rushed to agree such a poor deal with the broadcasters. For those people who are shocked and/or worried by the accounts, I suggest you look at Everton, who had an average gate slightly higher than Leeds at 39,043 and made a loss of £111.815m in the same period to June 2019. Everton received £21.2m for the 18 occasions their games were live on domestic TV and a further £34.4m for the remainder of TV revenue that was shared equally between the EPL clubs, i.e. they received greater domestic TV revenue than the entire turnover at Leeds.

As a fan, I am more than happy for Radz to invest his cash in the club in the not unreasonable hope of a profit when he sells a successful club to new owners with deeper pockets.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:There are only two aspects of the accounts that give me cause for concern:
1) the statement from Kinnear that Radz has invested "to deliver his vision of making Leeds United great again". The sentiment is OK but surely he could have found a better phrase?
2) The TV revenue of just under £1.5m is an insult and reflects very badly on those Championship clubs that rushed to agree such a poor deal with the broadcasters. For those people who are shocked and/or worried by the accounts, I suggest you look at Everton, who had an average gate slightly higher than Leeds at 39,043 and made a loss of £111,815m in the same period to June 2019. Everton received £21.2m for the 18 occasions their games were live on domestic TV and a further £34.4m for the remainder of TV revenue that was shared equally between the EPL clubs, i.e. they received greater domestic TV revenue than the entire turnover at Leeds.

As a fan, I am more than happy for Radz to invest his cash in the club in the not unreasonable hope of a profit when he sells a successful club to new owners with deeper pockets.

Does the £60+m we owe in the next 12 months not bother you?

Return to “The Square Ball”