Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Ponte » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:18 am

welshwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Essentially this is what we have and we are going with it.

Good luck Marcelo.

Keep the faith, as Bryan Adams once sang.

Bielsa himself said that if Clarke and Eddie were part of the squad in the second half of the season he wouldn’t want anyone to come in. He may want to replace Clarke. If Eddie goes he will want to bring someone in.
Do you think that if Bielsa went to Radz and Orta and said he wanted another body in they would refuse? You can stamp your feet for new toys all you want but if the manager doesn’t want them then they ain’t coming in.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:24 am

Ponte wrote:
welshwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Essentially this is what we have and we are going with it.

Good luck Marcelo.

Keep the faith, as Bryan Adams once sang.

Bielsa himself said that if Clarke and Eddie were part of the squad in the second half of the season he wouldn’t want anyone to come in. He may want to replace Clarke. If Eddie goes he will want to bring someone in.
Do you think that if Bielsa went to Radz and Orta and said he wanted another body in they would refuse? You can stamp your feet for new toys all you want but if the manager doesn’t want them then they ain’t coming in.

They might refuse.

Not a clue what the terms of the loans are but it seems likely we don't get any money back if the recall is due to lack of game time. We've paid £3m to borrow Eddie, we might not save anything by losing him and then might not be able to afford a replacement.

The Clarke loan was a sweetener in the deal but probably lowered the fee a little.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:54 am

Phil LUFC wrote:They might refuse.

Not a clue what the terms of the loans are but it seems likely we don't get any money back if the recall is due to lack of game time. We've paid £3m to borrow Eddie, we might not save anything by losing him and then might not be able to afford a replacement.

The Clarke loan was a sweetener in the deal but probably lowered the fee a little.

I watched the interview with Bielsa and he sort of hinted that if he lost both Clarke and Eddie then he'd like replacements brought in.

It would be pointless bringing in another couple of young players that need basic coaching like the above pair.
In his time here he's shown he prefers players with many games under their belts rather than youngsters (Hence the likes of Berardi getting picked above Bogusz, Gotts, Shacks, etc).
Maybe Bielsa could ask to bring in one or two of his ex players or some that he knows and trusts for our final thrust.
I'm sure he could get them into shape after a few weeks.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm

Surely if arsenal recall Eddie then we won't have to pay the full 3m.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:10 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Surely if arsenal recall Eddie then we won't have to pay the full 3m.

I agree. You would think that it would be 3m based on the season and only part thereof payable (50%?) if recalled.

If it is based on appearances, then Eddie will have played quite a few games albeit as sub apart from when he was injured.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Yes I guess there maybe classes which his lack of starts may not have been met.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Surely if arsenal recall Eddie then we won't have to pay the full 3m.

I think it could be the opposite, there's certainly been cases in recent years with penalty clauses due to lack of game time. If the recall is through activation of a clause you'd have to think there's a good chance the finances are not altered?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Apologies I was assuming that all clauses had been met. If there any at all.

As you say if we haven't met the clauses then penalties are likely.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Apologies I was assuming that all clauses had been met. If there any at all.

You might be right. I'm assuming there's a clause based on the talk and the club having confirmed White cannot be recalled due to the amount of game time he's had (so I'm assuming he's meet a similar clause).

I also assume the deal is heavily loaded in Arsenal's favour given the need to give them a sales pitch to get him in the first place.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:27 pm

It will depend on the clauses that Arsenal have put in. Standard loan with recall clause due to loaning club change of mind in January, would usually attract some kind of refund.

If they stipulated any kind of playing time clause then I suspect we're screwed.

Will also depend on how much we are contributing to his wages too. The rumoured £3m might just be his salary which we wouldn't pay if he returned

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:43 pm

I think he will stay although I still wonder how he gets into the side on a regular basis. He was ok yesterday but he needs to do a lot more than be ok to get bamford's place.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I think he will stay although I still wonder how he gets into the side on a regular basis. He was ok yesterday but he needs to do a lot more than be ok to get bamford's place.

Yep agree.

Would love to know the thinking behind the signing, assuming his style of play hasn't changed.

Doesn't seem a Bielsa type of player where the lone striker role is much more than just scoring goals.

If Bamford is the 'one' then why not try and bring in a similar type of player to him as backup?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Mr Reality wrote:I think he will stay although I still wonder how he gets into the side on a regular basis. He was ok yesterday but he needs to do a lot more than be ok to get bamford's place.

Yeah i mean his chances have been limited but he's done a little to suggest he should start regularly.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Few London based journalists tweeting that's he off back and then out on loan again.

Shame but I guess it's one of the negatives of building a short term squad.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:44 pm

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:44 pm

I doubt if Bielsa wanted him or Clarke here in the first place. It doesn't add up.
Thank fuck White was given enough game time.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Nicking Wetto's post to question Mike T's info - anyone know what the fuck is going on? "Just" a loan to the club? What does that mean for FFP etc?

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Ha sorry, Mike also wrote

MikeT/AdrianTeakdesk
@Mike_J_Thornton

This only means that Radz groups of companies can borrow up to $40m from an American based investment fund. It doesn't mean they've already borrowed that money . Radz is allowed to pass the cash onto any of the other companies mentioned in the list.
It doesn't mean he intends to. If Radz, via Aser Investments, fails to repay the loan then the Americans can take over Aser and liquidate it to get their money back.

They can also follow any money that has been loaned to the group companies to get the cash if needed.
Other than being indicative of Radz reorganising the investment base of his companies by increasing group debt (which is never a good thing) it is unknown whether this will impact on Leeds.

It may be extra cash for the club or it may all be needed to prop up other companies.
Indeed, it may all come as news to #LUFC or it may be as a result of the club requesting extra investment.

Time will tell.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:42 am

Are we still tied up with Cultural Leonesa? Apparently they knocked Atletico out the Copa del Rey last night. Even without that Tamagotchi lad.
HM Collector Of Parcels

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:28 pm

£1M a month :shock: :shock:

Programme notes from CE Angus Kinnear says owner Andrea Radrizzani continues to write a cheque out for a £1m per month to subsidise a wage bill which he says has doubled under this regime. #lufc

Return to “The Square Ball”