Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby rss1969 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:17 pm

You do not mean that Colin has failed as many times as he has succeeded?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Surely by your logic that if you get promoted then relegated then you have achieved nothing.

Nope, in a world of parachute payments and lop sided funding, just one season in the league would mean so much.

Plus, I'm certain we'd get bought by a big hitter if we were EPL.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:20 pm

rss1969 wrote:You do not mean that Colin has failed as many times as he has succeeded?

No, he's failed more.

But that doesn't matter, getting a club up is all that does

Ignatius J. Reilly

Postby Ignatius J. Reilly » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 pm

Yeboah wrote
In a promotion situation, you think Bielsa who has had zero, is a better bet than Colin who's had 'loads'?

Yep, absolutely.

I would also take, say, Mauricio Pochettino (0 promotions) over Alex McLeish (2 Promotions) or Pep Guardiola (0 promotions) over Steve Evans (5 promotions)

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Surely by your logic that if you get promoted then relegated then you have achieved nothing.

Nope, in a world of parachute payments and lop sided funding, just one season in the league would mean so much.

Plus, I'm certain we'd get bought by a big hitter if we were EPL.

Ok then. :thumbl:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Yeboah wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:Yeboah please do me a favour here before i get tempted to engage, and i mean this straight from the heart, are you Colin?

I am not the successful manager you are looking for.

That's a bigger yes than a simple yes reply.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:50 pm

It's amazing that one man can be handed his arse so often. Even Barrymore's pool has not been handed so many.

As Goebbels once sang, you can prove just about anything with facts

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:10 pm

welshwhite wrote:In fairness he did get Cardiff promoted.
He's not everyone's cup of tea but I'd like to see him back here when we get a new owner.

Unfinished business as they say and he knows what it takes to get out of this division.

And He Knows The Club #HKTC
#MOT #GAWA

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 am

Ignatius J. Reilly wrote:
Yeboah wrote
In a promotion situation, you think Bielsa who has had zero, is a better bet than Colin who's had 'loads'?

Yep, absolutely.

I would also take, say, Mauricio Pochettino (0 promotions) over Alex McLeish (2 Promotions) or Pep Guardiola (0 promotions) over Steve Evans (5 promotions)

Me too but

- realism

- managerial success

- EPL experience

Dictates we are where we are.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:59 am

Let's just go off what we have with what they did/are doing with Leeds huh, seems only fair and similar timescale approx 14 months.

Bert nearly cracked it in an instant after being handed a bag of shyte.
I would suggest you were handed a lot better at the time and below is what you did.

Leeds manager Neil Warnock has parted company with the Championship club.
Warnock left about two hours after Monday's 2-1 defeat by Derby, a loss that left Leeds well adrift of the play-offs and just five points clear of the relegation zone.
United, who have lost three successive matches, have six league games left.
"We need to look to the future and the search for his replacement is under way," said Leeds chief executive Shaun Harvey.
"There is no fixed timescale as securing the services of the right person is the primary objective to give us the best chance of promotion next season."
Warnock spent 14 months at Elland Road after replacing Simon Grayson in February 2012.
His assistants, Mick Jones and Ronnie Jepson, have also left the club.
Leeds academy manager Neil Redfearn will take charge until Warnock's successor is appointed.
"We would like to thank Neil for his efforts during his time as our manager and share his disappointment that we could not achieve promotion," added Harvey.
"We would also like to thank Mick Jones and Ronnie Jepson, who will leave the club with Neil, for all their hard work."
Warnock, 64, had previously admitted he would leave the West Yorkshire side if they failed to win promotion to the Premier League.
The former Sheffield United and QPR manager also indicated he could leave before his contract expires in the summer, once it was mathematically impossible for the Whites to clinch a return to the top flight for the first time since 2004.
Last month, he held talks with Leeds owners GFH Capital, a Dubai-based equity group which bought the club from Ken Bates in December, about possible successors.
"I don't think they should rush into a permanent appointment because there are no outstanding candidates at the moment, but there will be in the summer," said Warnock in his post-match media conference following the defeat by Derby.
"I have been a manager for 33 years and these last 12 months have been the hardest. I have given it my best shot, but, being honest, we haven't been good enough in the final third of the pitch."

Fcking smashing.

:basket:

Must dash.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am

Before you dash, K.
Bert could quite have easily been sacked at the end of the season. Ironically also after a Derby game.

Our collapse at the end of the season might have had some other owners waving the job centre wand at the coach.

He was not brought here to fail in the playoffs. Owners don't pay 6m pounds a season for that.

For his and all of our sakes he needs to produce outstanding results in our first ten games. Much better results than our last ten.

Facts will show that most managers have a worse second season than their first.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 am

Yes WW i must admit it does worry me that he doesn't have the talent or finance to execute the way he wants to play, but i can see clearly the way he wants to go and i'm hoping like fck it comes off for him with the kids, i do wish he would add more strings to his bow with formations instead of other teams knowing what he's likely to start with thus enabling managers of oppo's to prepare/organise themselves prior to kick off.

His style of play needs time to get 25 squad players up to speed for when they need to come in for injuries or rotation for rest, he has had to clear a lot out and try to work with some ordinary players that he's been handed, jeez if this guy had money to spend and bring in his own choices i feel he will get us back to the promised land, if he manages to get us up i feel he can get us to just about hold our own in the first year up, say like a 14th place finish on which to build and also feel he's the right man for this modern day game they're playing now at the top.

Must dash.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:25 am

Youngun's is the way to go, brainwash em into your methods while they're young and eager to learn, play and please the gaffer, talk of the likes of Cahill is total fcking garbage in my eyes.

I also like to think that before he agreed to come he said to Radz...

' look yes i'll come, but i want the full fcking run of the place football wise - coz you and the Monkey with a fcking pin know jack about the game, so crack on with running the gaff and let me get shut of the deadwood and let me run the final eye over what the monkey brings to the table'

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:36 am

welshwhite wrote:For his and all of our sakes he needs to produce outstanding results in our first ten games.

Just to use the above as a talking point - I'd actually quite like us to be shit at the start of the season and then very good at the end. We've tried it t'other way round and it always ends in tears. Norwich were frankly pish last season until just after we played them, then they were consistently good.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:03 am

Tommy wrote:
welshwhite wrote:For his and all of our sakes he needs to produce outstanding results in our first ten games.

Just to use the above as a talking point - I'd actually quite like us to be shit at the start of the season and then very good at the end. We've tried it t'other way round and it always ends in tears. Norwich were frankly pish last season until just after we played them, then they were consistently good.

We'd all take that (be a good name for a band).

Some fans and owners are fickle though.

Best hit the ground running again, build up momentum and confidence.

Who knows, someone at the club might for once strengthen the squad in January to keep the momentum going :thumbl:

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Tommy wrote:

I like the happy ending aspect, but my concern is that a poor start will breed anxiety within the fans, which will spread back to the players. Last season the feel-good factor that pleased everyone (well, except one) kept the players going. The relief and excitement after we thrashed Stoke in the opener set the tone for the season, so I'd prefer more of the same...plus the happy ending.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Somebody give Tommy a handjob FFS.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:46 pm

kennyb41 wrote: i can see clearly

I can see all obstacles in my way.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:15 am

welshwhite wrote:
kennyb41 wrote: i can see clearly

I can see all obstacles in my way.

Gone are the clouds that had me blind

Return to “The Square Ball”