Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Yeboah wrote:
So we stayed in the same division.....yes.?

And the point/goal for any team in the championship is what?

If I gave you great football, 3rd place and ultimate failure I assume you'd take it again then?

Just checking in advance here....

If we finish 18th this season, more ultimate failure, and as the failure is ultimate we can't then say we've had a worse season, because we've also stayed in the division?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Ignatius J. Reilly wrote:
What was his highest priced purchase?

If you want to misrepresent something at least have the decency to admit it.

I'm pretty sure if you took Bamford out of last year's squad we still would have finished 3rd or thereabouts, and I'm pretty sure that if you added the 2012/13 equivalent of Patrick Bamford to Warnock's 2012/13 squad, he still wouldn't have got us into the play-offs, or even close.

Again, I'm not sure why you're so certain Warnock would have done as well as Bielsa last year. There may be other managers who could have done as well as or better than Bielsa last year (Farke, for example, did an excellent job on similar resources), but I don't think Warnock is one of them

Warnock wouldn't have bought PB, he'd have bought someone better or 2 3.5m player's.

In a promotion situation, you think Bielsa who has had zero, is a better bet than Colin who's had 'loads'?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
So we stayed in the same division.....yes.?

And the point/goal for any team in the championship is what?

If I gave you great football, 3rd place and ultimate failure I assume you'd take it again then?

Just checking in advance here....

If we finish 18th this season, more ultimate failure, and as the failure is ultimate we can't then say we've had a worse season, because we've also stayed in the division?

Question wasn't aimed at you and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Success for Leeds is judged by which division we are in at season's end.

So any position that doesn't result in promotion isn't success.

On that basis it's point less arguing over final finishing position.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Yeboah wrote:I just think there are better strategies to pursue than investing the club in a manager who has never and will never achieve the stated goal

If you've been to the future couldn't you have stayed there, or at least put this behind spoiler tags?
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Yeboah wrote:Warnock wouldn't have bought PB, he'd have bought someone better or 2 3.5m player's.

In a promotion situation, you think Bielsa who has had zero, is a better bet than Colin who's had 'loads'?

Yes, if there's one thing Warnock proved while he was at Leeds, it was a great eye for a goalscoring striker.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

barry white

Postby barry white » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Yeboah wrote:point less
:elephant:

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:03 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Warnock wouldn't have bought PB, he'd have bought someone better or 2 3.5m player's.

Yes, if there's one thing Warnock proved while he was at Leeds, it was a great eye for a goalscoring striker.

Hard to find one in charity bins

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Question wasn't aimed at you and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Don’t be such a pedant. You have neither the wit nor (apparently) intellect. My answer is clearly implicit.

Yeboah wrote:Success for Yeboah is judged by which division Leeds are in at season's end.

So any position that doesn't result in promotion “isn't success.”

FTFY

Yeboah wrote:On that basis it's point less arguing over final finishing position.

Alignment at last. I’m happy being a supporter, not a glory hunter.
I like it. What is it?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Yeboah wrote:
moscowhite wrote:

Hard to find one in charity bins

So why did he dump a perfectly good one in said bin and pull out a none scoring one in exchange?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:21 pm

Ignatius J. Reilly wrote:
What was his highest priced purchase?

If you want to misrepresent something at least have the decency to admit it.

I'm pretty sure if you took Bamford out of last year's squad we still would have finished 3rd or thereabouts, and I'm pretty sure that if you added the 2012/13 equivalent of Patrick Bamford to Warnock's 2012/13 squad, he still wouldn't have got us into the play-offs, or even close.

Again, I'm not sure why you're so certain Warnock would have done as well as Bielsa last year. There may be other managers who could have done as well as or better than Bielsa last year (Farke, for example, did an excellent job on similar resources), but I don't think Warnock is one of them

Oh fucking Nora, not another sensible and cogent BBC.

moscowhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:I just think there are better strategies to pursue than investing the club in a manager who has never and will never achieve the stated goal

If you've been to the future couldn't you have stayed there, or at least put this behind spoiler tags?

:lol: :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Yeboah wrote:But, given his lack of pragmatism and this year the lack of the surprise factor... I suspect and hope he will be gone by Xmas.

I don't buy into this 'we surprised the league' last season. You've stated yourself that we only have 'plan a'. When we were playing our preseason friendlies, when we were training etc etc we were playing the same style of football; the only thing that may have changed was the personal. So, unless opposing managers/scouts/teams etc etc weren't checking us out, then how exactly did we surprise them? Especially when we played the same style of football as the majority of all the other teams under Bielsa's tutelage.

Somebody mentioned the other day that he thought the start was more down to a greater level of fitness (coupled in with the improved play of course). I think this better explains the 'surprise' start that we had. And I expect this was also be a big factor at the start of this season too.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Ponte wrote:...why did [Warnock] dump a perfectly good [goalscoring striker] in said bin and pull out a none scoring one in exchange?

not that it matters now but he said at the time & later that his hand was forced, e.g. see https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-5746699

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Ponte wrote:...why did [Warnock] dump a perfectly good [goalscoring striker] in said bin and pull out a none scoring one in exchange?

not that it matters now but he said at the time & later that his hand was forced, e.g. see https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-5746699

That's one side of the story.

There were some interesting transfer deals while he was here.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:25 pm

How many relegations is it Warnock has now?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

That's one side of the story.

There were some interesting transfer deals while he was here.

Speaking as Mr R's lawyer, I can confirm that for purposes under the law he is not making any allegations of corruption, collusion or conniption against the bent cunt.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 pm

the flying pig wrote:

I would pose a counter argument that I believe it to be bollocks. Yerhonour.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Yeboah please do me a favour here before i get tempted to engage, and i mean this straight from the heart, are you Colin?
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:50 pm

kennyb41 wrote:Yeboah please do me a favour here before i get tempted to engage, and i mean this straight from the heart, are you Colin?

I am not the successful manager you are looking for.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Mr Reality wrote:How many relegations is it Warnock has now?

To get relegated from the premier League you first need to get there.

We are clearly into territory where obviousness isn't enough.

To be fair, I wouldnt be keen on him managing in the EPL. I'd use him to get there, then get rid

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:How many relegations is it Warnock has now?

To get relegated from the premier League you first need to get there.

We are clearly into territory where obviousness isn't enough.

To be fair, I wouldnt be keen on him managing in the EPL. I'd use him to get there, then get rid

Surely by your logic that if you get promoted then relegated then you have achieved nothing.

Return to “The Square Ball”