Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Think I might miss most of the Sheff Utd stream due to being at my daughter's birthday party Sat pm. Bloody kids.

Are we getting our excuses in early? I’ll miss it as I’m going on a singing weekend in Northumberland with The Unthanks.

That's a better excuse than mine. :thumbl:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:49 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Think I might miss most of the Sheff Utd stream due to being at my daughter's birthday party Sat pm. Bloody kids.

Are we getting our excuses in early? I’ll miss it as I’m going on a singing weekend in Northumberland with The Unthanks.

No need to rub it in. :thumbd:

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Not sure Radz should be saying all this: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915

There isn't a positive for anybody seriously its pr for the sake of it.

Its another PR own goal.

FTFY

Oh. And

Andrea Radrizanni wrote:[it's] as a case of “now or never” in terms of Leeds’ bid to reach the Championship play-offs.

So there's no 5 year plan, but there is a one year plan?

:silent:
I like it. What is it?

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

No need to rub it in. :thumbd:

Dodgy train wi-fi innit.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Devi wrote:So there's no 5 year plan, but there is a one year plan?

:silent:

:D

But we are supposed to be all about stability....

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Jammy bastard.
Love them Unthanks me.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:People saying yeah TC's no good, fair enough if that's what you think, although with a full team free of injury/suspension we were in the play offs.

In the next breath some of those people say well yeah you know Orta's recruitment is no good, although .... I repeat with a full team etc etc.

The winner from this of course is the heck. He now has the team that Christiansen had in the play-offs back in a week or two, but with three expensive and promising January additions which should massively improve a team that at its best has been top of the league.

The critical mistake Radz made was to have insufficient depth to cope with injuries/suspensions. This is his error, and of course TC has paid with his job. Having now rectified it PHeck won't be able to believe his luck. Top 6 squad even before being supplemented by the 3 quality signings, and a fan base who have zero expectations.

He actually can't fail, and all the kneejerkers will be thinking he's the messiah.

Yeah, it was definitely an overreaction to sack TC. It was well established that Heckingbottom had been approached by other clubs but it's easy to see why he's jumped at the chance to come here. It's a much better squad than folk give credit for, with a lot of young players who could potentially come through over the next few seasons and an owner who aside from sacking TC, seems fairly switched on. The PPG we'd need to hit the play-offs is improbably high now so I very much think the season is gone (and did so after that first run of poor form) but I can see us consolidating during the summer and I think we'll be firmly in contention for a top six finish at the minimum. I think PH only has to steer us to the top ten and folk will say he's done alright considering XYZ, which I'd have hoped would also have happened under TC.

Plus he doesn't have to uproot his family and he gets to be the manager of Leeds United, which can't be a bad thing even if you are from Barnsley. I assume he's on a few quid more too.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:This site is nuts at the moment

People saying yeah TC's no good, fair enough if that's what you think, although with a full team free of injury/suspension we were in the play offs.

In the next breath some of those people say well yeah you know Orta's recruitment is no good, although .... I repeat with a full team etc etc.

The winner from this of course is the heck. He now has the team that Christiansen had in the play-offs back in a week or two, but with three expensive and promising January additions which should massively improve a team that at its best has been top of the league.

The critical mistake Radz made was to have insufficient depth to cope with injuries/suspensions. This is his error, and of course TC has paid with his job. Having now rectified it PHeck won't be able to believe his luck. Top 6 squad even before being supplemented by the 3 quality signings, and a fan base who have zero expectations.

He actually can't fail, and all the kneejerkers will be thinking he's the messiah.

As I said, this place is nuts

I missed this post. Yes to all of it and fuck no, you can’t go being all rational and considered round here, pal.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:26 am

It was the “he actually can’t fail” line that devalued the piece for me.
Showed great unawareness of Leeds and suggested bemoaning of the premise. Shame.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I don't have so much of a problem with what he is saying , just maybe not so much in the public arena - a lot of those players have played with no passion or commitment ....or just plain aren't good enough . Its probably a knee jerk reaction though and he needs to look into this more and find out why its happened , if its a few individuals, poor management or what , poor appointments ( that's Radz responsibility ultimately - IMO personally NOT impressed at the Heck appointment - shows NIL ambition ) . He is right in a lot of what he says , but needs to look further behind things , he is I believe very new to football , we all think we could do better or know better , so in that respect it may well be like one of us suddenly running the club , he's in a different environment to Italy where this sort of thing may well happen far more like this , may work there but may not work here . Some of those players though really do have to look at their own performances at the end of the day/season - there are a few I would certainly be happy if they never played for Leeds again . Starting right now with some of them .
He has only said what a lot of us have said on here , its just he's in a position to do something about it , but he's also as much to blame .... a lot to learn ( like the badge thing ) ....but I hope he will take things on board and learn .....he's better than Cellino ...who was in turn far better than Bates .

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Clacton white wrote:I don't have so much of a problem with what he is saying , just maybe not so much in the public arena - a lot of those players have played with no passion or commitment ....or just plain aren't good enough . Its probably a knee jerk reaction though and he needs to look into this more and find out why its happened , if its a few individuals, poor management or what , poor appointments ( that's Radz responsibility ultimately - IMO personally NOT impressed at the Heck appointment - shows NIL ambition ) . He is right in a lot of what he says , but needs to look further behind things , he is I believe very new to football , we all think we could do better or know better , so in that respect it may well be like one of us suddenly running the club , he's in a different environment to Italy where this sort of thing may well happen far more like this , may work there but may not work here . Some of those players though really do have to look at their own performances at the end of the day/season - there are a few I would certainly be happy if they never played for Leeds again . Starting right now with some of them .
He has only said what a lot of us have said on here , its just he's in a position to do something about it , but he's also as much to blame .... a lot to learn ( like the badge thing ) ....but I hope he will take things on board and learn .....he's better than Cellino ...who was in turn far better than Bates .

I don't know but I get the sense that the badge was more a Kinnear thing.

He referenced the Boro performance in particular as lacking pride and passion and that's fair enough, but I feel that him pining all the blame on the Newport match is unfair.

He explained that the players who played that day feeling they had been ignored and therefore it was unrealistic to expect them to perform.

I would contend that actually the reason they had been "ignored" was that they simply weren't good enough to play in the league. Surely they proved that in Wales that day.

If he's honestly saying that CBJ and Grot were shit purely because they didn't try as their feelings were hurt he has s lot to learn about football and footballers.

Equally he says that he's prepared to tell the players that their attitude is not good enough now, why does he excuse it back then.

I'm much less positive on Radz these last few weeks, although like a few others I think he's built a little credit. He needs to sort his shit out quickly though

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 pm

"we don't care about what he says" gaetano on radz. :shock: :lol:

expect berardi to be moved on in the summer then.

it's a bit of a difficult call this because we don't know why he says he doesn't care about what the chairman says, is it just disdain because he thinks the chairman shouldn't be talking about on the field problems or is it an indication of the arrogance that may be within the squad?

my initial thought is the first explanation, berardi doesn't seem an arrogant type and as such it's a pretty appropriate and refreshingly honest response.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Quiffy wrote:"we don't care about what he says" gaetano on radz. :shock: :lol:

Thirty yard screamer into the top corner from Berardi, there. Shame he doesn't do that on the pitch.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 pm

That one could be taken out of context or misread- as Chairman or their boss , they should care what he says .
Anyway another one from Berardi :

Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP · 1h1 hour ago

 More

Berardi on Radrizzani comments: "I came here on Monday for training, food, training some more. I will speak to him for sure but if I have something to say to him, I will speak face to face, not here. He is a good man."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:27 pm

I think it's just a second language thing

For: "We dont care about what he says"

I think what he means is:
He hasn't upset us.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I think it's just a second language thing

For: "We dont care about what he says"

I think what he means is:
He hasn't upset us.

aye, probably is, it's just part of me doesn't want it to be, the tabloid journalist part of me, the shit stirring bit.

edit to add the comment as spoken...
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Longer/clearer version (he was asked about it again later by Adam Pope)
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Well done to berardi sensible comments.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm

I might as well add this

'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Return to “The Square Ball”