Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tycipa

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Tycipa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 am

sunshine whites wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Tommy wrote:Working to a budget and a rigidly defined wage structure is challenging and given the Wilko ratio, I think Orta's done alright. It'd be remarkable if one or two of the U23s don't work out and the last four first team signings we made - Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw and Roberts - all seem like positive recruitment. I suspect Orta was given a brief and he's fulfilled, hence why the owner seems content with him.

Felix? Anita? and hardly surprising you probably forgot about Gomes? His signings
The deal for PML was an excellent piece of risk reward business financially - No fee & partial wages, if he hits previous form we could have had a proper player and a bargain.
What cannot be overlooked with Orta is all the long term player deals given out for which he must be party to? Some seem extraordinarily generous, optimist, and potentially very damaging
How much did Orta, as DoF have to do with taking the gamble on TC?

Fair play to Radz & come out and admit he is essentially another water Mellon farmer, but new to the business & albeit with much more patience and class.

We’ve only got PML for another 16 games and then his loan is up, no?
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 am

sunshine whites wrote:Felix? Anita? and hardly surprising you probably forgot about Gomes? His signings

Felix is fine, by which I mean he is definitely shit at being a goalkeeper on the whole but it doesn't seem to impact us much for reasons I don't fully understand. He's been arguably our best performer of late. Gomes came from Liverpool on a free and was worth a punt, he's basically akin to any other U23 signing. Could have worked out, probably won't and is now stuck in that weird purgatory between the first team and U23s, where there used to be the reserves. Anita, Cibicki and Klich are all names I see used to demonstrate how abject our recruitment has been but they're all players I've seen have good matches. I suspect all three would get into at least half the teams in the Championship.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 am

sunshine whites wrote:Felix? Anita? and hardly surprising you probably forgot about Gomes?

Yeah, sorry, was writing it between bits of work! Felix seems to be getting better but hardly fills me with confidence. If only last year's version of Green could play the sweeper-keeper role, eh?
Anita looked alright for five minutes at the start and then suddenly looked slow and 'found out'.
Didn't even consider Gomes or any other non-first teamer, tbh.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 am

I wonder if we'll continue playing out from the back under Heckingbottom.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

Tycipa wrote:Was out last night for a bite to eat with a mate. Orta and another bloke turned up at the table next to us, and then were joined soon after by Radz. Whilst they chatted and ate I didn’t see much, if any, use of their phones. Haven’t a clue what they talked about but it all seeemd amiable and non animated.

Pics or it didn't happen.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:56 am

Tommy wrote:I wonder if we'll continue playing out from the back under Heckingbottom.

Yeah, I'm wondering similar - and what else may change in our approach. Think I might miss most of the Sheff Utd stream due to being at my daughter's birthday party Sat pm. Bloody kids.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Was out last night for a bite to eat with a mate. Orta and another bloke turned up at the table next to us, and then were joined soon after by Radz. Whilst they chatted and ate I didn’t see much, if any, use of their phones. Haven’t a clue what they talked about but it all seeemd amiable and non animated.

What am I, some snowflake snapping everything I eat or do? Nah, take my word as a gentleman or fuck off. :mrgreen:
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

What am I, some snowflake snapping everything I eat or do? Nah, take my word as a gentleman or fuck off. :mrgreen:

You should ask him for pics of himself at Fulham - or any Leeds game.
:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Yeah that "other bloke" was me. You should have come and said 'hi' :thumbl:

They know what my kids know - that I won't allow phones out at the dining table. Victor had the paella, Radz the pasta and I had bangers and mash. We had a bit of a laugh about reverting to national stereotypes and then raised a glass of carlsberg to absent friends. Then we had a bit of a debate (did get heated at one point but glad that wasn't noticable from where you were) about the club crest and whether it should be called a badge. Crest it is but we remain friends and move on.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Ontolly wrote:

Yeah that "other bloke" was me. You should have come and said 'hi' :thumbl:

They know what my kids know - that I won't allow phones out at the dining table. Victor had the paella, Radz the pasta and I had bangers and mash. We had a bit of a laugh about reverting to national stereotypes and then raised a glass of carlsberg to absent friends. Then we had a bit of a debate (did get heated at one point but glad that wasn't noticable from where you were) about the club crest and whether it should be called a badge. Crest it is but we remain friends and move on.

I seen you through the window as I walked past, you never noticed me waving though, you was too busy getting them to put their phones away.

In other news, Phil Hay confirms Pontus is fit for Sheff Utd.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:10 pm

I did notice someone dressed in a leek costume but I just assumed that you were on your stag do, so I thought best not to disturb you. You seemed so happy playing the fool. Wife number 7 is it?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Tycipa wrote:I did notice someone dressed in a leek costume but I just assumed that you were on your stag do, so I thought best not to disturb you. You seemed so happy playing the fool. Wife number 7 is it?

It is indeed number seven, we've been together for 8 months and so far we're very happy.

I think she's the one :thumbl:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Tycipa wrote:I did notice someone dressed in a leek costume but I just assumed that you were on your stag do, so I thought best not to disturb you. You seemed so happy playing the fool. Wife number 7 is it?

It is indeed number seven, we've been together for 8 months and so far we're very happy.

Rosemary?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Vampire wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I've just read Radz's second interview, its refreshing to know that he reads this forum, he's picked up what myself and Mr Reality have been saying for a very long time.

Radz now wants to buy British or players that play in our league. British coach, he also wants to trim down his playing staff to 20 - quality over quantity, and use youth players to bridge any gaps.....who would have fucking thunk it.

I recon the club owes the numbers man at least a few drinks :thumbl:

It would be good to see the Baller of the Year given a regular column in the official program or mag or somewhere.
:thumbl:

You're never wrong, B. Full marks for getting it right about Mr Reality once again :salute:
The poll you created lifted up the image of the number mans football Knowledge to the owner of the club.
Thing is Mr R has been doing it for years, he was first to call out McDermott and also Murphy as wastes of space, Likewise he got it right about Berardi putting himself before the side (as proved in his last game) I can't understand how Mr R gets scoffed upon by the usual suspects.

Good to see Radz acting upon it though :thumbl:
Hooray!

I didn't write McDermott off as a waste of space just highlighted the problems with his management.

Appreciate your support welsh.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:39 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
welshwhite wrote:

Rosemary?

I think so, or was that number five :scratch:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Tycipa wrote:take my word as a gentleman or fuck off. :mrgreen:

I'm not going near that one :mrgreen: I guess I'll be fucking off, then... :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Appreciate your support welsh.

No problem at all, you're my type of football person. You might not know what month GFH took over the club, or even the birthday of our current owner (bless him). You do however know what's needed on our football field - and there's a big difference in those two knowledgeable types of gifts.

You've stood by your beliefs on all Leeds Utd matters, the crazy thing is you've been right on all of them :salute:

Best regards.
WW.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:32 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Think I might miss most of the Sheff Utd stream due to being at my daughter's birthday party Sat pm. Bloody kids.

Are we getting our excuses in early? I’ll miss it as I’m going on a singing weekend in Northumberland with The Unthanks.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Think I might miss most of the Sheff Utd stream due to being at my daughter's birthday party Sat pm. Bloody kids.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm

This site is nuts at the moment

People saying yeah TC's no good, fair enough if that's what you think, although with a full team free of injury/suspension we were in the play offs.

In the next breath some of those people say well yeah you know Orta's recruitment is no good, although .... I repeat with a full team etc etc.

The winner from this of course is the heck. He now has the team that Christiansen had in the play-offs back in a week or two, but with three expensive and promising January additions which should massively improve a team that at its best has been top of the league.

The critical mistake Radz made was to have insufficient depth to cope with injuries/suspensions. This is his error, and of course TC has paid with his job. Having now rectified it PHeck won't be able to believe his luck. Top 6 squad even before being supplemented by the 3 quality signings, and a fan base who have zero expectations.

He actually can't fail, and all the kneejerkers will be thinking he's the messiah.

As I said, this place is nuts

Return to “The Square Ball”