Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Think somebody is regretting all the new contracts.

but at the same time saying he's happy with victor's job so far??

the two things don't add up. there seems to be a bit of scapegoating going on here.

Possibly ultimately it's a learning experience so mistakes were always going to happen, the worse part refreshing the squad will be far more difficult now.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm

So if the players get wind of the fact that Radz has lost faith in the manager (since early January) , and he wants to sack him but AOrta is showing him some heart and persuading him to hang fire, would a player think .... awwww fuck it

It might explain Pontususus's Lazarus like recovery, it might explain all the red cards and indiscipline when TC was presumably telling the lads not to get sent off

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 pm

General consensus was that the players liked TC but it's hard to know how much of that is by rote platitudes.

Who was it that said that the players quite liked Hockaday? Was it Morison?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 pm

I thinks it’s a great piece.

Honest, unequivocal and unarguable.

Transfer strategy makes more sense now too.

He’s right with squad size.

Bravo Mr Chairman

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Tommy wrote:General consensus was that the players liked TC but it's hard to know how much of that is by rote platitudes.

Who was it that said that the players quite liked Hockaday? Was it Morison?

They don’t need to like the manager, just respect him.

In fact liking him, would probably be a negative.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Yeboah wrote:I thinks it’s a great piece.

Woah, I agree with you. I think AR comes across well, though I don't necessarily agree with him word for word.

Credit to Phil Hay for asking the tough questions, he's produced more information about what's actually happening at the club than we've had all season.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 am

I've just read Radz's second interview, its refreshing to know that he reads this forum, he's picked up what myself and Mr Reality have been saying for a very long time.

Radz now wants to buy British or players that play in our league. Hire a British coach, he also wants to trim down his playing staff to 20 - quality over quantity, and use youth players to bridge any gaps.....who would have fucking thunk it.

The scattergun is getting locked safely back in the gun cupboard :thumbl:

I recon the club owes the numbers man at least a few drinks :thumbl:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am

welshwhite wrote:I've just read Radz's second interview, its refreshing to know that he reads this forum, he's picked up what myself and Mr Reality have been saying for a very long time.

Radz now wants to buy British or players that play in our league. British coach, he also wants to trim down his playing staff to 20 - quality over quantity, and use youth players to bridge any gaps.....who would have fucking thunk it.

It would be good to see the Baller of the Year given a regular column in the official program or mag or somewhere.
:thumbl:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:20 am

Vampire wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I've just read Radz's second interview, its refreshing to know that he reads this forum, he's picked up what myself and Mr Reality have been saying for a very long time.

Radz now wants to buy British or players that play in our league. British coach, he also wants to trim down his playing staff to 20 - quality over quantity, and use youth players to bridge any gaps.....who would have fucking thunk it.

It would be good to see the Baller of the Year given a regular column in the official program or mag or somewhere.
:thumbl:

You're never wrong, B. Full marks for getting it right about Mr Reality once again :salute:
The poll you created lifted up the image of the number mans football Knowledge to the owner of the club.
Thing is Mr R has been doing it for years, he was first to call out McDermott and also Murphy as wastes of space, Likewise he got it right about Berardi putting himself before the side (as proved in his last game) I can't understand how Mr R gets scoffed upon by the usual suspects.

Good to see Radz acting upon it though :thumbl:
Hooray!

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 am

:lol:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:59 am

welshwhite wrote:The poll you created lifted up the image of the number mans football Knowledge to the owner of the club.

You are too modest, Rhys.

I merely facilitated a poll so that ballers could have their say.

It was you, Linda, Carlos, Aziz, et al who lifted Mr R to Baller of the Year.

But well done in doing so - a worthy choice. Maybe he’ll reciprocate by nominating you next year?

There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:10 am

So you also had your mate Carlos to vote for him :thumbl:
You're not just a preening popinjay, Brett.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 am

welshwhite wrote:So you also had your mate Carlos to vote for him :thumbl:
You're not just a preening popinjay, Brett.

I’d like to think all your aliases are mates of mine, Rhys. They’re all good fun - but maybe time you came up with some new ones?

BTW do you like my new avatar?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 am

Tommy wrote:
Yeboah wrote:I thinks it’s a great piece.

Woah, I agree with you. I think AR comes across well, though I don't necessarily agree with him word for word.

Credit to Phil Hay for asking the tough questions, he's produced more information about what's actually happening at the club than we've had all season.

Aye, agreeing with Yeboah is rather unnerving, but I do.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 am

I can't actually remember which match it was whereby I ended up sat in the Gods early on in the Cellino-Radrizzani dalliance but one thing I did notice is that AR spent a fuckload of time on Twitter, to the point whereby the person I was with pointed out that he's worse than me during matches, which is saying something. Obviously this is anecdotal and has probably coloured my opinion but I really do think he reacts to things that he sees on Twitter, which is perhaps good and bad. I suspected it in January but now I really think there's something to it. Last night he got some mild stick for what folk perceived as being a bit harsh on TC and this morning he has clarified his comments via Twitter (which is fair enough).

If my inkling is right about this, on the one hand it's good that he's listening to fans but it's also potentially a concern given that a lot of our fans have the worst takes on everything and those tend to be the ones who tag him in their tweets.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:31 am

I'm too long in the tooth to do this tweeting shyte,so can someone tweet him and ask,how many managers will it take him to go through until he realises that not even Pep Guardiola could coach the shyte Orta's handing them.

So when you have one of these Orta kind,where does the buck stop? Can Orta continually take no blame and just say we need someone proper that can manage what i'm handing him?
I can absolutely guarantee after years of watching English football that I could find more successes than Orta.
Has anyone got a list of the players Orta's responsible for bringing here,if i'm right,up to now,it seems 1 in about 15 looks like he has a promising future.
Now that to me does not look like someone that is good at his job.

So perhaps someone should tweet AR and ask him,when does Orta accept any responsibility,or would that not then lead us back to AR that appointed Orta.

Too easy to pass the buck,but then again,ain't that what all top bosses do.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 am

Disagree. I think it's a much harder job than people give credit for. We've gone from Andrea from MFI in a cupboard watching videos to a fully fledged international scouting network in fairly quick time. The recruitment thus far has been spotty but I don't think there's been one truly terrible player brought in, just a few who need some development and more who probably just need game-time to get used to playing in England. Working to a budget and a rigidly defined wage structure is challenging and given the Wilko ratio, I think Orta's done alright. It'd be remarkable if one or two of the U23s don't work out and the last four first team signings we made - Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw and Roberts - all seem like positive recruitment. I suspect Orta was given a brief and he's fulfilled it, hence why the owner seems content with him.

Folk are disappointed because we didn't piss the league this year but that was never going to happen in the first season, with finances as they are.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 am

Tommy wrote:Working to a budget and a rigidly defined wage structure is challenging and given the Wilko ratio, I think Orta's done alright. It'd be remarkable if one or two of the U23s don't work out and the last four first team signings we made - Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw and Roberts - all seem like positive recruitment. I suspect Orta was given a brief and he's fulfilled, hence why the owner seems content with him.

With respect, T, none of us have any real idea about Ideguchi and Roberts, yet. When they've both played a few games for us we will. Right now, you'd hope the background/reports on both suggest a couple of decent players, but how they actually turn out for Leeds United, well, that's another thing entirely. Seen it before so many times. De Bock looks OK. Forshaw already looks like a captain.

Orta's signings? Saiz good, obviously. Pennington I still have hopes for, as a kind of Championship-level Stones. Def needs a strong guy next to him and fortunately we have one. Klich should have been alright but didn't work [see comments above re Roberts/Ideguchi]. Cibicki maybe OK, could go either way, but I tend to think it won't happen for him. Lasogga looks a good finisher for this league but we haven't used him right and he has never seemed quite fit enough. Still time. Grot so far looks awful: I'd rather we didn't have him. Ekuban, who knows? Still hope. Alioski? Sometimes looks good, sometimes looks like a diving, lightweight wanker with a stupid haircut. I think I'd prefer to see him as out left-sided wingback.

So, yeah, agreed, patchy. Too patchy for my liking. Granted there is a tight-ish budget, but maybe we could have brought in fewer and better instead? On the outside, we don't really know who is available at a particular time, at what price, whether they'll take our wages, whether they'll fit in as people etc etc, so it's very hard to judge accurately as a fan. Unlike Yeboah I don't think sport is about black and white. It's shades of grey all over the place, just like life.

You really need to stop tweeting during matches. Doing it instead of watching the game means you're just evil. :mrgreen:

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:17 am

Was out last night for a bite to eat with a mate. Orta and another bloke turned up at the table next to us, and then were joined soon after by Radz. Whilst they chatted and ate I didn’t see much, if any, use of their phones. Haven’t a clue what they talked about but it all seeemd amiable and non animated.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Tommy wrote:Working to a budget and a rigidly defined wage structure is challenging and given the Wilko ratio, I think Orta's done alright. It'd be remarkable if one or two of the U23s don't work out and the last four first team signings we made - Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw and Roberts - all seem like positive recruitment. I suspect Orta was given a brief and he's fulfilled, hence why the owner seems content with him.

Felix? Anita? and hardly surprising you probably forgot about Gomes? His signings
The deal for PML was an excellent piece of risk reward business financially - No fee & partial wages, if he hits previous form we could have had a proper player and a bargain.
What cannot be overlooked with Orta is all the long term player deals given out for which he must be party to? Some seem extraordinarily generous, optimist, and potentially very damaging
How much did Orta, as DoF have to do with taking the gamble on TC?

Fair play to Radz & come out and admit he is essentially another water Mellon farmer, but new to the business & albeit with much more patience and class.

Return to “The Square Ball”