Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Not sure Radz should be saying all this: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915

There isn't a positive for anybody seriously its pr for the sake of it.

Wish TC all the best job done.

Its a PR own goal.

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:I had a car for sale which doesn't run and has three wheels.

Some idiot bought it for decent money.
I'm very grateful to the stupid cunt.

Where's the problem Welsh?

I'm very grateful to the stupid cunt that bought a car off GFH that only had one wheel.

Those cunts would still be here now if that stupid cunt would have opened the bonnet.

Very unlikely GFH would still be here if webuyanycar.com hadn't bought the car without looking under the bonnet, it's more likely they would have had to sell it for scrap giving the new owner an extra £10 million to spend on a new engine.

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:28 pm

the flying pig wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Not sure Radz should be saying all this: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915

Not very classy.

I agree with this

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 pm

the flying pig wrote:

Not very classy.

Yeah, mark this in the 'against' column for Radz, it's a bit too Ridsdale and possibly beyond. As interesting as the comments are this stuff should be kept private.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 pm

I've never ever seen anything like it from any club, even after a manager has been useless or just a complete cunt they alway give the same line as they leave...we are sorry to part company, wish them all the best...blah fucking blah. And its just left like that - no parting shot.

We've got some sloppy cunts working in the background.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm

welshwhite wrote:One of the biggest things Radz gets credit for is "Getting rid" of the previous owner. Can we please put this to fucking bed.

The previous owner wanted out, he put the club up for sale, Radz bought it off him....its that fucking simple.

This isn't true, Cellino was selling under duress. Had we been promoted he could have paid off the money he borrowed to buy the club and stayed on.

welshwhite wrote:I've never ever seen anything like it from any club, even after a manager has been useless or just a complete cunt

Cellino printed a column in the programme after Hockaday was sacked. After he sacked Milanic he literally released a statement to the press. Here it is, for posterity -

Massimo Cellino wrote:I want to apologise to the supporters, they deserve better results. I made a mistake with this guy. He is negative, he has a losing mentality.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:58 pm

just watched this interview with radz half expecting to see his comments in a different context, but all i can think is how ruthless and incredibly self confident he seems. i'm sure there are other words i could use but i would like not to think of him as a bit of a cunt just yet.
https://www.leedsunited.com/video/93693/interview-andrea-radrizzani
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Tommy wrote:
welshwhite wrote:One of the biggest things Radz gets credit for is "Getting rid" of the previous owner. Can we please put this to fucking bed.

The previous owner wanted out, he put the club up for sale, Radz bought it off him....its that fucking simple.

This isn't true, Cellino was selling under duress. Had we been promoted he could have paid off the money he borrowed to buy the club and stayed on.

welshwhite wrote:I've never ever seen anything like it from any club, even after a manager has been useless or just a complete cunt

Cellino printed a column in the programme after Hockaday was sacked. After he sacked Milanic he literally released a statement to the press. Here it is, for posterity -

Massimo Cellino wrote:I want to apologise to the supporters, they deserve better results. I made a mistake with this guy. He is negative, he has a losing mentality.

We're so lucky to have our new owner, everythings fine now :cheers:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Honestly, the stuff AR has said about TC looks a bit harsh bereft of context but it's not quite as bad as a few pull quotes make it sound. He's always been prone to frank answers when asked direct questions and on this occasion I think he's trying to front up to what a lot of fans also believed - that TC wasn't the right man for the job. If you wanted TC out, you should be glad that the owner agreed with you. I disagreed with his decisions but for reasons that even I will admit were ludicrous.

On another tangentially related note, I can't remember if I posted it on here or on Twitter or both but early on in AR's tenure I pointed out how broadly similar the pattern has been when compared to Cellino's first year. It's admittedly better in every way but it still seems like some sort of bizarre unintentional tribute -

- Appoint contentious DOF/Sporting Director
- Sign quite a few foreign players & a smattering of domestic ones
- Appoint a relatively unknown manager with no Championship experience
- Sack said manager and apologise to fans for underestimating the league

I strongly suspect this will be the last of the coincidences (next would be sacking Heckingbottom after a handful of games) but it's still quite interesting. Then again last year we were only one place off the play-offs so maybe AR looked at the previous modus operandi and thought that the plan wasn't too bad but the execution certainly was. He's probably right too, I think he will get us promoted eventually.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Quiffy wrote:all i can think is how ruthless and incredibly self confident he seems

Honest question - don't you have to be a bit ruthless to sack an employee? One you and many of your customers (I know) seem to agree needs to go?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Tommy wrote:
Quiffy wrote:all i can think is how ruthless and incredibly self confident he seems

Honest question - don't you have to be a bit ruthless to sack an employee? One you and many of your customers (I know) seem to agree needs to go?

yeah but you'd hope to see more regret in his tone. the impression you get is that he really didn't like TC. he wants the players to feel more confident and comfortable yet he's just treated his ex manager with disdain. it's hardly going to help make the heck feel comfortable. there's also the comment about the players needing to show they are good enough for leeds next season, another thing that's hardly going to reduce the stress levels within the squad.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 pm

I think he did like TC and it was a contributing factor as to why he kept him on for a while despite the doubts. However, when you employ or sack someone it's not personal, it's a professional interaction.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 pm

The longer interview with Radrizzani by Phil Hay has gone online and it's very interesting indeed. Loads to digest.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Tommy wrote:I think he did like TC and it was a contributing factor as to why he kept him on for a while despite the doubts. However, when you employ or sack someone it's not personal, it's a professional interaction.

have you watched the video? maybe it's just me, i'm not one for over confident people, they're usually wankers, but......

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Think somebody is regretting all the new contracts.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Somebody thinks we have too many players ......

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Think somebody is regretting all the new contracts.

but at the same time saying he's happy with victor's job so far??

the two things don't add up. there seems to be a bit of scapegoating going on here.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Quiffy wrote:have you watched the video? maybe it's just me, i'm not one for over confident people, they're usually wankers, but......

Yeah I watched it a few times. To me he comes across as being assured but not to the point of arrogance. Also there's the fact that he's an Italian speaking English so it's sometimes hard to read what might or might not be conveying any particular thing.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Tommy wrote:The longer interview with Radrizzani by Phil Hay has gone online and it's very interesting indeed. Loads to digest.

this bit's telling..
“We backed him and very strongly after a long negative series (of results in October and November). Personally I defended him and supported him in front of all the players before the game against Middlesbrough. He deserved it .....

so he admits he goes round talking to the players about the manager, whilst also suggesting he stopped supporting the manager to the players in recent weeks? and people were worried about orta overstepping his remit?

maybe it's the italian way of doing things :puker: :scratch:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Tommy wrote:The longer interview with Radrizzani by Phil Hay has gone online and it's very interesting indeed. Loads to digest.

this bit's telling..
“We backed him and very strongly after a long negative series (of results in October and November). Personally I defended him and supported him in front of all the players before the game against Middlesbrough. He deserved it .....

so he admits he goes round talking to the players about the manager, whilst also suggesting he stopped supporting the manager to the players in recent weeks? and people were worried about orta overstepping his remit?

maybe it's the italian way of doing things :puker: :scratch:

I thought it was quite telling to see him and Orta addressing the players before the Heck in the LUTV interview. Pretty clear there's no real boundaries between chairman, managing director, DoF and players.

Return to “The Square Ball”