Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Devi

Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Devi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm

While we're (perhaps understandably) fretting about whats happening (or not) on the pitch, it strikes me that concerns should be rising off it.

AR seems a decent chap, and clearly has done the odd 'decent thing' - the ER buy back and Ladies brought back being the most notable.

Equally, he's clearly a competent man, given his business pedigree in Aser et al.

However, 'media rights expertise' is far from 'media expertise', and assisting on a takeover (Inter Milan) is further still from running a club after one.

Explicitly?

'Side before Self'
I've previously mooted (Emtee), its weak. Yes, its a Billy quote, but it isn't 'who' or 'what' we are. It represents nothing. And as a piece of media messaging, it says nothing, other than (perhaps) the literal. And my thats going well. How many reds is it we've received now?... :roll:
Good idea to make a 'statement'. Appalling execution.

The Badge
Really? An actual organisation, with actual 'media expertise' actually did this? Fucking hell...
Reasonable to make a centenary change. Fucking awful execution.

The Manager
Allowing Monk to go? Appointing TC, with his powerpoint presentations of how to win a Cypriot league? And now, Eckythump? (no, I wont be bothering to learn how to spell his name either). Maybe there is a five year plan, maybe there isnt. Who knows? But it strikes me that if there is one, its shambolic at best, entirely random at worst.
Fair enough to replace TC - he'd clearly lost his way. Execution? Who knows, but I'll be staggered if the trend is bucked.

Is there a Bannon to ARs Trump? Are Orta and Kinnear his puppet masters? Because whoever is pulling the strings and making media and management decisions is fucking it royally up.

MAKE LEEDS GREAT AGAIN!
I like it. What is it?

LSD&2Es

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:56 pm

He didn't "allow" Monk to go, Monk left by choice and there's little AR could do.

THERE IS NO 5 YEAR FUCKING PLAN!

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Ok, maybe 'allow' was the wrong word. 'Didnt manage to stop him', because he (AR) had some kind of idea about what/how he wanted the club to be, that GM couldnt work with. So chose to leave.
I like it. What is it?

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Devi wrote:Fair enough to replace TC - he'd clearly lost his way. Execution? Who knows, but I'll be staggered if the trend is bucked.

I do think they have put thought behind the latest appointment. He works best in the kind of structure we currently have in place. In the most recent shenanigans at Barnsley when they lost the chief executive etc etc, Hecky became frustrated at taking control of such a wide range of responsibilities which he felt spread himself too thin. I.E. he doesn't care so much about transfers and the like, and he'd rather concentrate on coaching and man management. And he has got a very good record of improving players drastically.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Bit of a one sided assessment in my opinion.
- He got rid of the most divisive owner we've ever had
- He bought the ground back
- He has converted the apathy amongst the fan base to increased attendances and season ticket sales
- He is pursuing plans to move the training ground back to the city and update it
- He has improved relations with the council which is shown by their co-operation on the training ground move
- He has spent money building back up the ranks of the under 23's, effectively dismantled by previous owners
- He has given increased contracts to existing players (whether you think they deserve them or not)

and all this in 9 months!

Yes I thought the appointment of TC was a mistake and certainly the jury is out on Orta and his signings but he has still invested in the playing squad. Maybe as Welsh White says (in the other thread) he needs to look more closely at his inner circle but I don't think you can justifiably question the fact that on the whole he has been good for Leeds

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

It did idly occur to me the other day a 5yr plan takes us to 2022. If Aspire are really pulling the strings and their remit is about Qatar having a successful 2022 WC, the whole thing could be dispanded fairly quickly after that point. Not a fucking clue how a successful (or otherwise) LUFC helps them got those aims though? Maybe the grand plan is to have half the Qatar national team playing in the premier league from 2020?

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Obviously he (Radz) has to delegate a fair bit of stuff to his team, but I was fairly unimpressed with Kinear when I heard him speak about the badge fiasco on talk sport.

Even in the face of it being a massive own goal he was still intransigent and thin-skinned about it. Not heard enough of him to know if this is typical of course.

Anyone know much about Kinear.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

I like him and in the end he will be good for us.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Wing Wizard wrote:Bit of a one sided assessment in my opinion.
- He got rid of the most divisive owner we've ever had
- He bought the ground back
- He has converted the apathy amongst the fan base to increased attendances and season ticket sales
- He is pursuing plans to move the training ground back to the city and update it
- He has improved relations with the council which is shown by their co-operation on the training ground move
- He has spent money building back up the ranks of the under 23's, effectively dismantled by previous owners
- He has given increased contracts to existing players (whether you think they deserve them or not)

and all this in 9 months!

Yes I thought the appointment of TC was a mistake and certainly the jury is out on Orta and his signings but he has still invested in the playing squad. Maybe as Welsh White says (in the other thread) he needs to look more closely at his inner circle but I don't think you can justifiably question the fact that on the whole he has been good for Leeds

Yeah I think Devi's post is very harsh.

I also wouldn't call the appointment of TC a 'mistake'. I'd call it a ballsy first season statement which didn't pan out. Let's face it: conceptually it wasn't a million miles from the Doggers and Wagner. And, with better luck on injuries, a couple of refereeing calls and less fuckwitted sendings off we'd be maybe three places further up the table and he would still be here.

I think Orta's 'unproven' and Kinnear's probably a dickhead, but far less of a one than Shaun fucking Harvey.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

One of the biggest things Radz gets credit for is "Getting rid" of the previous owner. Can we please put this to fucking bed.

The previous owner wanted out, he put the club up for sale, Radz bought it off him....its that fucking simple.

Yes he's done some good things for the club but lets keep it real.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:33 pm

I had a car for sale which doesn't run and has three wheels.

Some idiot bought it for decent money.
I'm very grateful to the stupid cunt.

Where's the problem Welsh?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I had a car for sale which doesn't run and has three wheels.

I'm very grateful to the stupid cunt that bought a car off GFH that only had one wheel.

Those cunts would still be here now if that stupid cunt would have opened the bonnet.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:43 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:I had a car for sale which doesn't run and has three wheels.

I'm very grateful to the stupid cunt that bought a car off GFH that only had one wheel.

Those cunts would still be here now if that stupid cunt would have opened the bonnet.

This also is true.

Even a clown car needs more than one wheel.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:45 pm

I think the car was up on blocks when Cellino bought it.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 pm

They weren't blocks, they were wheels painted by Picasso. Very expensive *holds out hand*

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Not sure Radz should be saying all this: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Not sure Radz should be saying all this: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915

Not very classy.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:54 pm

No, that’s not nice.

Two interesting snippets tho:
- that Orta was against the sacking. Says something about the relationship dynamic.
- Thaf the players weren’t ‘relaxed’. What chimes there is an argument I’ve seen about the place to the effect that players pick up reds when they’re on edge and stress / pushing limits overcomes rational thought.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:00 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Not sure Radz should be saying all this: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915

There isn't a positive for anybody seriously its pr for the sake of it.

Wish TC all the best job done.

Return to “The Square Ball”