Is Heckingbottom's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
ChairmanMeaow

Re: Is Heckingbottom's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby ChairmanMeaow » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 pm

"Brexit football" means Brexit football.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:23 pm

ChairmanMeaow wrote:"Brexit football" means Brexit football.

Its a white, yellow and blue brexit football
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:25 pm

sunshine whites wrote:Hay twatter
Done deal - Leeds United appoint Paul Heckingbottom as head coach on an 18-month contract. #lufc

A bit ambitious ......18 months . Could get another 2 coaches in that time . I really don't know much at all about him , not really heard of him prior to all this , bit like Steve Evans , Hockaday , Darko ......doesn't bode well IMO BUT - you never know .
Time will tell .

Heathrow White

Postby Heathrow White » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:28 pm

I wonder what the playing squad think of the appointment?

I fear it will be like Rosler all over again. The season has gone and next summer will see our ‘better’ players go.

I reckon we will end up 15th this season.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:49 pm

I have just watched the small interview with Heckkers outside TA, has anyone else noticed that from a side profile, he would remind you of a younger/thinner Colin Wanker.
Andymac

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Tommy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Question: was it The Heck who bought Mowatt and White from us?

Yes but contextually, both signings made sense at the time, especially to a lower level club. When they signed White initially on loan he did well for them and they won the JPT (more than we ever managed) and the play-offs. They let him go when it was clear he wasn't going to much use in the Championship. Mowatt had been in terrific form earlier in the year (albeit the season prior) when they bought him and as I recall, even Leeds fans were unsure about the wisdom of selling him at that time. It's worth remembering that he's been living off scraps for the longest time and those are the sort of players you are offered at that level.

Regardless, Victor Orta does the shopping for us, for better or worse.

No, they also have some form of DoF model, they were bought for him because their cheap spreadsheet version of moneyball told them to.

interesting.... i wonder what the barnsleh spreadsheet's version of billy bean's 'on base percentage' killer stat might have been :scratch: ?

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:I have just watched the small interview with Heckkers outside TA, has anyone else noticed that from a side profile, he would remind you of a younger/thinner Colin Wanker.

Aye wankererers was the last Leeds hating cunt to manage us.

That went well didn't it.

Call me old fashioned but if you disrespect Leeds United in deed or word then there is no redemption, there's no coming back. You can fuck off.

At the risk of making my position clear early so it becomes boring later, I want this cunt out, and I do not care what he achieves. For me he's another Evans/Wankerers i.e. To be endured until he's gone.

Heckinbottom Out

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Call me old fashioned but if you disrespect Leeds United in deed or word then there is no redemption, there's no coming back. You can fuck off.

At the risk of making my position clear early so it becomes boring later, I want this cunt out, and I do not care what he achieves. For me he's another Evans/Wankerers i.e. To be endured until he's gone.

Heckinbottom Out

This.
I like it. What is it?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:23 pm

I keep saying this but people at the club are clueless, it was obvious that his appointment was going to split the fans.

Whoever got the job would have had many fans in disagreement, but this cunt coming here brings it to a very different level.

Radz needs a fucking good clearout of the lemons by his side.

Hooray for "Together".

Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Crucial to how we perform is the relationship between Orta and the Bottom. Whilst trying to look on the bright side of the latest managerial appointment, to me Orta needs to significantly step up the success of his recruitment, award appropriate length contracts and stop meddling. The power needs to reside with the manager.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:56 pm

So who should get the chop when this fails,both?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Devi wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Call me old fashioned but if you disrespect Leeds United in deed or word then there is no redemption, there's no coming back. You can fuck off.

Heckinbottom Out

This.

I don't get this, at all really. Logically as much as anything.

We love to be hated by those outside, feared for FER, but we aren't prepared for an outsider on a professional contract, to come in and suddenly grok it from the other side of that divide when that monster roars on his team... What do we expect?

Wanker was worse, this doesn't raise excitement good or bad for me, it's just about results. If he gets us firing again and that roar comes back, he can be Cuntbag McScumfuck and he'll do.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:22 pm

welshwhite wrote:I keep saying this but people at the club are clueless, it was obvious that his appointment was going to split the fans.

The single most important thing to remember about football in the Modern Age is this: all football fans are absolute fucking retards. Unlike twenty or thirty years back:

- Every cunt plays FIFA and thinks they understand what footballers do, and how.
- Every cunt plays Football Manager and thinks you look at the stats for a player, drop 'em in a little box and off you go. Easy.
- Every cunt watches every bit of match footage over and over again at half speed, and thinks they can micro-analyse defenders who send players inside when they should be sending them outside or whatever.
- Every cunt knows every bit of information and YouTube footage for every up-and-coming striker in the Lithuanian third division.

Long and short of it is that every cunt thinks they're an expert, and we live in a world where every cunt thinks they deserve to be 'consulted' on everything.

Our new manager should have been:
- An experienced Championship winner
- Someone young with fresh ideas
- An ex-Leeds player
- English
- Foreign

Etc etc

Bollocks to it all. I'd have quite a lot of respect for Radz if he just said, 'Fuck this, you're all idiots and I'll do what the fuck I want'.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 pm

In other words, as long as doesn't look too EDL and his coat game's half decent, he'll do for me.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Clacton white wrote:
Done deal - Leeds United appoint Paul Heckingbottom as head coach on an 18-month contract. #lufc

A bit ambitious ......18 months . Could get another 2 coaches in that time . I really don't know much at all about him , not really heard of him prior to all this , bit like Steve Evans , Hockaday , Darko ......doesn't bode well IMO BUT - you never know .
Time will tell .

Judge him on how he performs nothing else.

Although the club are pushing the top 6 line. We need some realism now should be the time for people to be tried and preparation for an assault on the top 2 next season. I would get Coyle back and give him time in the first team(if possible).

Radrizanni should be asking orta about how he has performed and really he should be on his way too but I don't suspect that will happen.

Squad needs to be refined all these ideas about running a loan operation on the side need to be shelved until there is a functioning first team squad in the top flight.

Good luck to PH with Orta about I suspect you will need it.

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Aye wankererers was the last Leeds hating cunt to manage us.

That went well didn't it.

Call me old fashioned but if you disrespect Leeds United in deed or word then there is no redemption, there's no coming back. You can fuck off.

Heckinbottom Out

I'm not usually the knee-jerk reaction type but... 'Eckythump falls in to that Colin, Dirty Den type category for me. Rather than starting with 100% confidence and watching it fall away I'm in to this one with 0% confidence. If he falls on his arse, fuck him. If he does alright then he wins grudging respect.

'Eckythump out :lol:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:The single most important thing to remember about football in the Modern Age is this: all football fans are absolute fucking retards.

Yeah, this is definitely true. Last year I binned off all my other social media apart from my Leeds-centric Twitter account and an unfortunate side-effect has been that I'm using that much more than I should. A byproduct of this is that I can't help but become infuriated by the constant parade of cliches or everyday ignorance that even seemingly otherwise reasonable people come up with on a near daily basis.

Every team that ever loses due to some combination of being on the wrong end of a particularly effective gameplan, misfortune, poor officiating etc actually lost because they 'weren't showing enough passion'/'not trying hard enough'. Every match we ever play someone says we 'lost the midfield battle' and we need a 'midfield general', which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in the modern game and maybe never did. We should play three at the back and also 442. Any manager that ever loses a game of football is 'clueless' and 'out of his depth'. Managers that have been on the tele a lot are always better, especially Redknapp, Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce, Hughes, Pearson, McClaren, Bruce etc. Leeds should 'show some ambition' by spending way beyond our limited financial means because Reasons. Losing a player to a club further up the leagues with considerably more money is always the fault of the club/owner and nothing to do with a player wanting to leave to play at a higher level and earn four times what they were on before. Professional footballers who have been playing for almost their entire lives and have been selected by several consecutive managers are not good enough, 'end of'. Exotic, eccentric foreign managers are always better until they lose a match, then we should have a no-nonsense English manager (unless it's one who hasn't been on the tele). The answer to whatever ails us is always to bring back an ex-manager or ex-player, even if they were middling and have subsequently deteriorated further. Expensive players are always better. We should only sign good players. Joey Barton. The list is endless.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Clacton white wrote:

Time will tell .

Judge him on how he performs nothing else.

Although the club are pushing the top 6 line. We need some realism now should be the time for people to be tried and preparation for an assault on the top 2 next season. I would get Coyle back and give him time in the first team(if possible).

Radrizanni should be asking orta about how he has performed and really he should be on his way too but I don't suspect that will happen.

Squad needs to be refined all these ideas about running a loan operation on the side need to be shelved until there is a functioning first team squad in the top flight.

Good luck to PH with Orta about I suspect you will need it.

I'm sorry but "judging somebody on how they perform nothing else" does incorporate things like the way they go about the task, the way they represent the club and themselves etc.

I've had absolutely nothing but good things to say about Radz until now, but everything about this appointment feels wrong.

I don't care about silly guff like him being ex Man United, I don't care that he's got a crap win %, or the fact he isn't a name. What I care about is the pride I feel for Leeds United not being reflected by the man at the helm.

Over the next few weeks you will I can garuantee hear several sound bites of him respecting the tradition, coming to realise what a truly global club we are and being astonished by the passion of these great fans

It's all bullshit, and the fact he will say it shows how shallow it all is. I don't want meaningless I want meaningful, and I won't believe him when he has his 'road to Damascus conversion'

He hasn't started yet, and already he's a busted flush. Radz needs to stop listening to Orta, and Kinear. First the badge which is forgivable if regrettable, but now this, it's the sort of critical error I hoped we'd get away from when the likes of Bates and Cellino were gone

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm

welshwhite wrote:I keep saying this but people at the club are clueless, it was obvious that his appointment was going to split inthe fans.

Whoever got the job would have had many fans in disagreement, bit this cunt coming here brings it to a very different level.

Radz needs a fucking good clearout of the lemons by his side.

Hooray for "Together".

I don't believe this. There are good and very available managers that the vast majority of fans could have been happier with. Silva for one. We just paid half a million to release this guy. I was meh earlier today but have calmed down a bit and will give him time. But I believe it is going to end in tears for me and him. :?
Andymac

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Tommy wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:The single most important thing to remember about football in the Modern Age is this: all football fans are absolute fucking retards.

Yeah, this is definitely true. Last year I binned off all my other social media apart from my Leeds-centric Twitter account and an unfortunate side-effect has been that I'm using that much more than I should. A byproduct of this is that I can't help but become infuriated by the constant parade of cliches or everyday ignorance that even seemingly otherwise reasonable people come up with on a near daily basis.

yeah well there's no point being a football fan and not having an opinion.

it may well be evolution, (it seemed to me) that back in the 70's and early 80's everyone had an opinion on politics, you were expected to have an opinion on politics, or if you were young you had an opinion on music, those were the big self identifiers and you had to have an opinion on them. since sky and all that, football's the territory for people to exercise their identities.

and sometimes i think i'm being incredibly dull not having a strong opinion on everything leeds and that's worse than having an opinion.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Return to “The Square Ball”