Is Heckingbottom's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Is Heckingbottom's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Anyone know how this Leeds hating cunt plays?

Quiffy

Re: Is Heckinbottom's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Quiffy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:44 pm

have a vague recollection of them playing some decent stuff against us. they were probably awful against other teams, but played some nice stuff when they played leeds.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 pm

No idea, but I’ve just seen a photo and he looks straight EDL / Britain First.

Scared now.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 pm

No.

Hth.
I like it. What is it?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm

He'll be fine. I suspect it won't always be great to watch but I reckon results will improve because he'll know how to make us more solid at the back. Of course this might take a while due to the suspensions and injuries that did for TC. Of all the complaints I saw this season, the most common were that we generally can't defend and always fall victim to Championship gamesmanship/shithousing. I think given Heckingbottom's experience of lower league football as a player and manager he'll be more streetwise and thus, we'll lose fewer matches to the likes of Cardiff, Ipswich, Millwall etc.

I think the thing that makes me most confident that he'll do well here is that I'm not remotely excited by the prospect and I can't see myself warming to him, which actually bodes well. I tend to prefer the Rosler/Christiansen types but given that we never give them long enough to implement their vision and/or hamstring them in other ludicrous ways, we might as well have a practical, workmanlike manager given that we're in a shit league full of shit shithousing clubs. Fundamentally the reasons I wanted to stick by TC were partially because we've never been far off this season despite some appalling form and the sheer bad luck of injuries/suspensions but if I'm honest with myself it was mostly because I liked him. He was weird and funny and amiable. Given that it's long since been established that managers don't actually make a great deal of difference compared to financial stuff, you might as well have a manager you like. I can't see myself particularly liking Heckingbottom but it won't matter if he gets results, which I suspect he will.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Any plans to spell his name right if we're going to discuss it in yet another fucking thread
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Re: Is Heckingbottom's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Blackwite I've changed it for you thx for pointing it out. Good g spot

PS we're moving on from who do we want as we don't have a choice (assuming he accepts) hence the new thread which is a tribute to the ... Is Neil Warnock's brand of ... etc etc

That cunt hated Leeds anorl

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Tommy wrote:He'll be fine. I suspect it won't always be great to watch but I reckon results will improve because he'll know how to make us more solid at the back. Of course this might take a while due to the suspensions and injuries that did for TC. Of all the complaints I saw this season, the most common were that we generally can't defend and always fall victim to Championship gamesmanship/shithousing. I think given Heckingbottom's experience of lower league football as a player and manager he'll be more streetwise and thus, we'll lose fewer matches to the likes of Cardiff, Ipswich, Millwall etc.

I think the thing that makes me most confident that he'll do well here is that I'm not remotely excited by the prospect and I can't see myself warming to him, which actually bodes well. I tend to prefer the Rosler/Christiansen types but given that we never give them long enough to implement their vision and/or hamstring them in other ludicrous ways, we might as well have a practical, workmanlike manager given that we're in a shit league full of shit shithousing clubs. Fundamentally the reasons I wanted to stick by TC were partially because we've never been far off this season despite some appalling form and the sheer bad luck of injuries/suspensions but if I'm honest with myself it was mostly because I liked him. He was weird and funny and amiable. Given that it's long since been established that managers don't actually make a great deal of difference compared to financial stuff, you might as well have a manager you like. I can't see myself particularly liking Heckingbottom but it won't matter if he gets results, which I suspect he will.

Saying you have a vision is one thing but when you sacrifice it so early on. It suggests you don't actually have a vision just understand the importance of a buzz word. Which is true for rosler not sure about TC.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:21 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:No idea, but I’ve just seen a photo and he looks straight EDL / Britain First.

Scared now.

You should be embarrassed posting nonsense like that.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Anyone know how this Leeds hating cunt plays?

Depends what you want. We can all dream about a perfect world where we play passing football and cut through the opposition but we haven't seen that for years.

Brian McDermott was hailed as a hero but his team played some of the most direct football I have seen in my time supporting Leeds united, more so than Warnock particularly in his later stages. Grayson was also direct at times. Ultimately Grayson was more popular as his team won more games, it was pretty exciting to watch and as a manager he went down swinging.

Ultimately PH(will keep with tradition) needs to play winning football. If he can cut out the shit defending and get the players to listen him and stop getting stupid red cards too that would be a bonus. The players not caring about TC's repeated calls for improved discipline wasn't good enough for Leeds united.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Tycipa wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:No idea, but I’ve just seen a photo and he looks straight EDL / Britain First.

Scared now.

My, you’re a pompous old fart on occasion.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 am

Mr Reality wrote:

Grayson was also direct at times. Ultimately Grayson was more popular as his team won more games, it was pretty exciting to watch and as a manager he went down swinging.

Grayson had a different set of players, and was playing initially at a lower league level and different style of play, where you could play direct with likes of Beckford, Becchio, Somma & RM44 in League 1. We were solid at the back with with leaders Nails. Paddy Casper & Kasper; topped off with the creativity of Snoddy & pace of MadMaxl
Interestingly the squad had very few european players, but we had a TA cultivating local talent run by Redders.
That squad had some underrated talent, boo boys were always after BJ, Howson was seen by some as getting a free pass as a local hero, Snoddy we all knew was a talent & along Beckford Becchio, Madmax, Schmeichel, RM44, Bruce, Clayton, they all worked there way on to earn a shot at playing at high levels. including the Premiership and became proven solid footballers.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:51 am

sunshine whites wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Grayson was also direct at times. Ultimately Grayson was more popular as his team won more games, it was pretty exciting to watch and as a manager he went down swinging.

Grayson had a different set of players, and was playing initially at a lower league level and different style of play, where you could play direct with likes of Beckford, Becchio, Somma & RM44 in League 1. We were solid at the back with with leaders Nails. Paddy Casper & Kasper; topped off with the creativity of Snoddy & pace of MadMaxl
Interestingly the squad had very few european players, but we had a TA cultivating local talent run by Redders.
That squad had some underrated talent, boo boys were always after BJ, Howson was seen by some as getting a free pass as a local hero, Snoddy we all knew was a talent & along Beckford Becchio, Madmax, Schmeichel, RM44, Bruce, Clayton, they all worked there way on to earn a shot at playing at high levels. including the Premiership and became proven solid footballers.

You can say what you want about Bates and his side-kick Williams but they brought in some talent for peanuts amongst some of those names.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:48 am

welshwhite wrote: You can say what you want about Bates and his side-kick Williams but they brought in some talent for peanuts amongst some of those names.

Grayson was a traditional British manager, and must have had input to those player recruitments
When Grayson was fired we were only 3 points off the Chumps playoffs but through hard graft, with squad containing a core of British players who had gutted there way out of the pits of League 1.
In the background Redders knew we had great talent developing at the academy, we had seen Delph, kept White, Lees, Parker but Redders knew we had, & ultimately not afraid to blood Byram, Mowwat, Cook, TC.
There were hardly any European players in those squads or the TA.

Cellino came along and tried the cheap euro imports & "coaches"- it did not work out.
Until Monk came along and got things back on track-
Then Monk goes Brexit, followed by Wood, Bartley, TC, Green Bridcutt & Mowatt.
Radz with no owner experience came in, again dabbles with the coach experiment, who tries admirably to play like Barca, but with puppet mater Orta hamstring him with import euro player trading. Despite the good things Radz has done, he is going through a very tough steep learning curve.

Grayson Redders, McDermott & Monk, even Wise have given us some of the most productive spells since being out of the Premiership, with a hardcore of British players, playing the an English culture of football. Heckingbottom is definately is back to grass roots, but does not strike me as the water Mellon like Hockaday.

Recently we been training playing tic tac tippy tappy in Spain, nice jolly, but BANG sandwiched between getting dicked after conceeding 4 goals to Milskum & Warnock, sprinkled with 0-0 at the CodEds

Ian Harte spoke up last week highlighting there is lack of passion at the TA which this has infected the first team squad.
Radz even tried to change the club badge! the life blood, the fans, our anthem lives in the terraces its not a fkn brand label for sale.

Maybe Heckingbottom can instill some Yorkshire grit. get these fancy fkers running up & down Beeston Hill, have kick about in the cobble streets, breath in the coal fires, give 'em a dripping sandwich, smell the fish n chips and appreciate where this Club came from.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 am

sunshine whites wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Thanks for that.

I'm not being critical of anybody playing direct football I'm questioning the idea Leeds united don't or haven't played direct football or it is somehow beneath us.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

Scared now.

My, you’re a pompous old fart on occasion.

Show us the courage of your convictions brave boy and post it on your twitter feed.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 am

Er, I did...

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Er, I did...

Er, Lads Alliance? Hardly the same infantile comment you posted here.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 am

Tycipa wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Er, I did...

Er, Lads Alliance? Hardly the same infantile comment you posted here.

Roasted!
:lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 am

Heckingbottom OUT !!!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Return to “The Square Ball”