2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby the flying pig » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:32 pm

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Copied over - the flying pig's picks

Hotshot Lorimer
Liam Miller
Gerd Muller
Pele
Billy McNeil
Stan Bowles
Fernando Ricksen (j)
Martin Peters
Ray Wilson
Doug Ellis
Greavsie
Ken Bates
Bernard Tapie


Hmm, that was a draft only, I'll finalise by midnight Nye. In particular, I'm feeling bad about including Greavsie without his old mucker Saint. Also need to do some reading on those old stories about Bill Kenwright. Maybe need another boy of 66 - Nobby? And of course Gazza is a perennial favourite.


Final cut:

Hotshot Lorimer
Liam Miller
Gerd Muller
Nobby Stiles (j)
Billy McNeil
Stan Bowles
Fernando Ricksen
Martin Peters
Ray Wilson
Ken Bates
[Ian] Saint [John]
Greavsie
Alan Hudson

this is a 'footballers only' list. i urge anyone who's still undecided to pick linda nolan, still in her fifties, unique pick so far, seems an excellent shot to me.

User avatar
portadown white
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby portadown white » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Clive James
Leah Bracknell
Peter Lorimer
John Cruickshank
Brian Reader
Jill Gasgoine
Patrick Cryne - joker
Fernando Rickson
Marieke Vervoort
Prince Phillip
Ben Ferencz
Peter Carrington
Jimmy Carter

User avatar
simon from cleck
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:59 am
Location: PORTSTEWART

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby simon from cleck » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:14 pm

clive james
kirk douglas (joker)
billy graham
lynette fromme
paul gascoigne
Thích Nhất Hạnh
doris day
Carol Channing
des o'connor
Dick Van Dyke
Eddie Large
Derek Griffiths
Ian Smith (Harold Ramsey from Neighbours)


Same list, last four on it new ones
Mighty mighty, yellow blue & whitey

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:43 pm

If any of you cunts haven’t picked Roman Polanski I suspect you’re shitting points.

User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby OWETB » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 pm

From my pick I would like to remove Phil Collins and replace him with Roman Polanski. There are 2hrs and 11 minutes left of this year so well within the rules.

Cheers eric :cheers:

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 pm

I'd switch my vote to him if I knew he was going to receive some dilatory sedatives and get butt-raped.




Just for fairness' sake.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Wakefield White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: t'other side o't hills

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:36 pm

First time entry from me, I’ve decided to go exclusively for people who the human race would not mourn should they shuffle off this mortal coil;

Robert Mugabe
Donald Trump
Vladimir Putin
Kim Jong-Un
Nigel Farage
Boris Johnson
Michael Gove
Jeremy Hunt
Katie Hopkins
Rupert Murdoch
Harvey Weinstein (joker)
Ken Bates
Robbie Savage
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 pm

John Savident
Ric Flair
Clive James
Bill Cosby
Michael Schumacher
Paul Gascoigne
Peter Kay
Mills Lane
Fernando Ricksen
Terry Jones
Tim Curry
Jimmy Greaves - Joker
Billy Connolly
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:19 am

Stop right now

Thank you very much

Etc

User avatar
mi.mic.mick.mick jones
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:57 pm
Location: pontefract

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby mi.mic.mick.mick jones » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:14 am

1. Clive James
2. Tony Blackburn
3. Terry Curran
4. Bill Clinton
5. Elton John
6. Michael Heseltine
7. JPR Williams
8. Michael Caine
9. Jasper Carrot.
10. Eamon Holmes
11. Thema Barlow
12. Bob Willis (joker)
13. Ian Woosnam
Don't tell him pike

wimpy
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby wimpy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 pm

The Tin Man wrote:Okay I've done some extensive research on this ,for example I phoned Mary Warnock.
"How are you Mary ?"
"Not very well actually"
"Oh really,do go on ...." etc

Thought of adding Iggy Pop but I wouldn't have been able to stand it if he had died so carry on please Iggy as you were.
Anyway final list :

Jimmy Greaves
Jimmy Carter
Leslie Phillips
Bob Dylan
Peter Falk
Prunella Scales
Mary Warnock
Mary Wilson
Stan Bowles
Billy Mcneill
Kenny Rogers
Vittorio Cecchi Gori (joker)
John McCririck



Peter Falk died in 2011
@clements_lufc

User avatar
The Tin Man
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby The Tin Man » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 pm

wimpy wrote:
The Tin Man wrote:Okay I've done some extensive research on this ,for example I phoned Mary Warnock.
"How are you Mary ?"
"Not very well actually"
"Oh really,do go on ...." etc

Thought of adding Iggy Pop but I wouldn't have been able to stand it if he had died so carry on please Iggy as you were.
Anyway final list :

Jimmy Greaves
Jimmy Carter
Leslie Phillips
Bob Dylan
Peter Falk
Prunella Scales
Mary Warnock
Mary Wilson
Stan Bowles
Billy Mcneill
Kenny Rogers
Vittorio Cecchi Gori (joker)
John McCririck



Peter Falk died in 2011


Oh For Fucks sake. Extensive research my arse. Thanks for telling me 2 days too late :scratch:
For every step,the footprint was already there.

User avatar
topbin
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby topbin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:00 pm

mi.mic.mick.mick jones wrote:1. Clive James
2. Tony Blackburn
3. Terry Curran
4. Bill Clinton
5. Elton John
6. Michael Heseltine
7. JPR Williams
8. Michael Caine
9. Jasper Carrot.
10. Eamon Holmes
11. Thema Barlow
12. Bob Willis (joker)
13. Ian Woosnam


Does this need the requisite point deduction given the timestamp?

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:50 pm

topbin wrote:
mi.mic.mick.mick jones wrote:1. Clive James
2. Tony Blackburn
3. Terry Curran
4. Bill Clinton
5. Elton John
6. Michael Heseltine
7. JPR Williams
8. Michael Caine
9. Jasper Carrot.
10. Eamon Holmes
11. Thema Barlow
12. Bob Willis (joker)
13. Ian Woosnam


Does this need the requisite point deduction given the timestamp?


'appen.

how about [in the interests of arbitrary unfairness] a deduction of 1 pt for every minute of lateness, i.e. 134 pts?

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby Devi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:21 pm

the flying pig wrote:'appen.

how about [in the interests of arbitrary unfairness] a deduction of 1 pt for every minute of lateness, i.e. 134 pts?


Given we're LUFC, shorely 15 points, with a further 10 carried over into next years lists?
I like it. What is it?

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Looks like Willie Nelson is about to bow out.
Anyone got him?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Wakefield White wrote:First time entry from me, I’ve decided to go exclusively for people who the human race would not mourn should they shuffle off this mortal coil;

Robert Mugabe
Donald Trump
Vladimir Putin
Kim Jong-Un
Nigel Farage
Boris Johnson
Michael Gove
Jeremy Hunt
Katie Hopkins
Rupert Murdoch
Harvey Weinstein (joker)
Ken Bates
Robbie Savage


I like your style, I was half way there with you, with my own picks.
Andymac

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby Ponte » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:45 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:And no chat on this page. Locked at midnight, Dec 31st, or shortly thereafter.

:roll:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:53 pm

ADMIIIIIN!!!

User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: 2018 Almost Dead List 'Em Thread

Postby OWETB » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:24 pm

I had a pic removed for being late last year.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eric olthwaite, FER, Google [Bot], rss1969 and 15 guests