As ever, this one for rules and discussion, the other one
for listing your picks. Rules:
1. Name THIRTEEN people on the other thread, not below.
2. In order for you to score, they have to be both famous and to die during 2018. Notice of death has to be published by one of the following UK-based sources: BBC; The Times (of London); The Guardian; The Financial Times; The Daily Telegraph; The Independent.
3. You may NOT pick anyone who has been sentenced to death. If you're lucky enough that one of your picks is sentenced to death after close of polling on Jan 1st, that's fine.
4. Upon the death of the chosen individual, you score 120 minus the age of the celebrity at death.
5. You must nominate one of your celebs as your Joker. Death of your Joker scores you an extra 35 bonus points.
6. If any of your dead celebs are a unique pick - ie you have them and no-one else does - you get 35 bonus points.
7. 50 bonus points for murder, manslaughter, 'misadventure', suicide or expiry during a sexual act.
8. 50 bonus points for the first and last stiffs of the year - for each successful competitor, not dead celeb.
9. No more than five of your picks may have been recorded anywhere publicly as having cancer before Dec 31st 2017.
10. You may not pick anyone who would not be famous if they were not terminally ill. I can't think of any borderline cases here (Buble junior?) but I guess there's the potential for judge's discretion here.
Get your predictions up before midnight Dec 31st.
Phil, up to you whether or not you want to engage again. If you can't be arsed, send me the blank spreadsheet and I'll sort it at some point.