One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Postby Quiffy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:We signed a lot of players in the summer and we didn't spend big in doing it. A good start raised expectations.

They've been playing exactly like that for about a year. Scunny were running away with league one a year ago, Sheff Utd were flirting with the top 6, not really looking top 2 material though not miles away. They finished 14 points clear having gained 30 odd points more than Scunny in 2/3 ood the season. A god side who know each other and have momentum. Someone said Southampton, that's exactly the situation.

We gave them a tougher game than we gave Southampton when they breezed through.

Too many defeats since it went tits up at Millwall but let's not dispair just yet. Got to sick with it, see where we are in Jan and act accordingly to kick on.

so their main advantage over us was that they're very familiar with their system and each other.......

just read this article about team cohesion, which reminded me of phil's argument, hence the quote..http://www.trainingground.guru/articles/why-cohesion-is-key-to-spurs-success-and-everton-failure

following on with the logic we need to stick to a similar formation tonight. change is bad. not sure i agree wholeheartedly though.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 pm

portadown white wrote:
Quiffy wrote:o'kane brings the ball forward, he's far more positive than bridcutt at moving into space, he is far better at making himself available for the ball to feet and also passes to feet. he's not a heavy tackler but a scrapper. i'd have him in the middle with vieira above any other combination every time.

:salute: 100% agree. Each time I see O'Kane I am more bemused as to why he did not play as much last year.

I wouldn’t even play him in the reserves.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

I haven't got a clue what it all means but people on Twitter see it as something good.

Toby Nye
‏ @TobyNye4
Feb 12

Toby has been to clinic today, his bloods on Friday were showing that his platelets & Hb were low, they didn't want to transfuse to allow his body to try & rectify it. his bloods today show his body is doing what we need it to, both his platelets & Hb have come up independently

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Hb is haemoglobin, the red blood cell pigment that carries oxygen and CO2 around for you. Platelets are different, they help you clot in a bleed. Both are transfused for kids in his condition to correct deficits, am a platelet donor myself. They obviously think he might make more himself, whether they're giving him anything to speed that up I don't know.

Good luck to him.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Hb is haemoglobin, the red blood cell pigment that carries oxygen and CO2 around for you. Platelets are different, they help you clot in a bleed. Both are transfused for kids in his condition to correct deficits, am a platelet donor myself. They obviously think he might make more himself, whether they're giving him anything to speed that up I don't know.

Good luck to him.

:thumbl:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Leeds cancer patient Toby Nye's bone marrow is 'clear of disease'

A five-year-old boy from Leeds who has been battling a rare form of cancer has been given a health boost, his family has confirmed.

Toby Nye was diagnosed with neuroblastoma last year, sparking a £200,000 fundraising campaign to pay for a treatment not routinely available on the NHS.

Thanks to support from Leeds United, the fundraising target was reached earlier this year.

Today, Toby's family shared the news that tests have shown there are no signs that his tumour has regrown and his bone marrow is now clear of the disease.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2018-0 ... e-disease/

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Excellent news!
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Yeah. That's good. Really good.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:00 pm

This really is fantastic news!

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:00 pm

:D

Return to “The Square Ball”