One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
sunshine whites

Re: One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Yeboah wrote:He may be playing well at Fleetwood, because that’s his level.

maybe at this time as they simply need games
Fleetwood did no harm for Yardy or Taylor so no its necessarily their level its admirably they humbly go where they can get match experience which you dont see in training or on the bench

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm told this is a place for different opinions. It seems that's not the case.

Yep, opinions are fine.

Just to be clear , no one else on the board thinks the contracts stuff has any bearing on form/results.

No one else.....

Doesn’t make you wrong or us right, it just is what it is .....opinion wise.

You having a go at people for disagreeing with what you believe is fact......is, and always has been the problem.

Opinions can’t be wrong...by definition.

When your post is prefixed with fuck off then it suggests other opinions are not fine.

I haven't had a go at anybody for disagreeing. The opposite is true.

No, to more rounded people it is just accepted as different communication styles. It isn’t / wasn’t meant literally I’m sure.

You haven’t had a go at people for disagreeing with you....???

Lol, ok whatever...

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

The point about coyle is that you have to give young players a run of games before judging. You can't just give them 20 mins here and there and expect them to perform at their best. Confident that if coyle had been given that chance here we would be seeing similar performances.

The performance of someone like Roofe (great at lower levels, out of his depth here) is a great example of why potential doesn’t always match reality.

He may be playing well at Fleetwood, because that’s his level.

Professional coaches at Leeds saw him every day in training and let him go. So he can’t have been doing too well.

Saying you’re ‘confident be seeing similar performances’ is great but without any proof, is just as likely to be absolute nonsense as true.

I can list plenty of players who prove that potential can lead to performances.

The point is unless he gets a chance we won't know. With ayling struggling now should be his chance.

But, if in the coaches (plural) opinions he isn’t any better, even at his best.....then why bother?

Ultimately, making those decisions is what the coaches are paid to do, and with respect they see more of the players than you or I.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:55 pm

sunshine whites wrote:

Fleetwood did no harm for Yardy or Taylor so no its necessarily their level its admirably they humbly go where they can get match experience which you dont see in training or on the bench

Yes, maybe....but he’s 22 now. This should be his peak time...if not now...then when?

Taylor is a debatable one.....yet to play in Prem league for Burnley and when he played in League Cup against us, he looked what he probably is..... an average champ. Left back.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Yep, opinions are fine.

Just to be clear , no one else on the board thinks the contracts stuff has any bearing on form/results.

No one else.....

Doesn’t make you wrong or us right, it just is what it is .....opinion wise.

You having a go at people for disagreeing with what you believe is fact......is, and always has been the problem.

Opinions can’t be wrong...by definition.

When your post is prefixed with fuck off then it suggests other opinions are not fine.

I haven't had a go at anybody for disagreeing. The opposite is true.

No, to more rounded people it is just accepted as different communication styles. It isn’t / wasn’t meant literally I’m sure.

You haven’t had a go at people for disagreeing with you....???

Lol, ok whatever...

Good luck finding some examples.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

The performance of someone like Roofe (great at lower levels, out of his depth here) is a great example of why potential doesn’t always match reality.

He may be playing well at Fleetwood, because that’s his level.

Professional coaches at Leeds saw him every day in training and let him go. So he can’t have been doing too well.

Saying you’re ‘confident be seeing similar performances’ is great but without any proof, is just as likely to be absolute nonsense as true.

I can list plenty of players who prove that potential can lead to performances.

The point is unless he gets a chance we won't know. With ayling struggling now should be his chance.

But, if in the coaches (plural) opinions he isn’t any better, even at his best.....then why bother?

Ultimately, making those decisions is what the coaches are paid to do, and with respect they see more of the players than you or I.

Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes.

At this moment giving a 4 year deal to a struggling player doesn't look like a good call.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Yeboah wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:

Yes, maybe....but he’s 22 now. This should be his peak time...if not now...then when?

Taylor is a debatable one.....yet to play in Prem league for Burnley and when he played in League Cup against us, he looked what he probably is..... an average champ. Left back.

If Taylor is an average championship left back then God knows what that makes our options.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

At this moment giving a 4 year deal to a struggling player doesn't look like a good call.

Depends what they think Aylings true level is.

I.e. Is last night representative of his ability or is he actually just having a poor patch of form?

I’m not a fan, defensively he’s clueless, but arguably he’s one of the better RBs in the league so the deal makes sense from a playing point of view and from a resale point of view.

They’ll get money back in January or July if they decide to sell

He’s certainly a better bet than yet another failed academy product.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
If Taylor is an average championship left back then God knows what that makes our options.

The 2 things aren’t related though are they.

Team and business wise, if you flipped the transfer round and said you can have him back for £5m you’d have to be mental to sAy that was a good deal.

Option wise, why bring CBJ in and not play him, and for the trickier away games I’d play Cooper at LB.....or maybe even go 3 at the back and play more attacking wing backs with Jansson spare.

But consistently playing/picking the wrong/weaker players isn’t a good idea.

Manager has no idea.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Team and business wise, if you flipped the transfer round and said you can have him back for £5m you’d have to be mental to sAy that was a good deal.

Option wise, why bring CBJ in and not play him, and for the trickier away games I’d play Cooper at LB.....or maybe even go 3 at the back and play more attacking wing backs with Jansson spare.

Manager has no idea.

Cooper at LB? Get to fuck!
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Ponte wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Manager has no idea.

Cooper at LB? Get to fuck!

Yep, he’s done it before many times.

And like I said it would be game specific depending on opposition. A full backs first job is to defend.

We’ve lost 5 in 6, looking defensively weak..... why wouldn’t you at least try it?

For the same reason I’d have Berardi at RB against the better teams, unlike Ayling, he knows how to defend.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:49 pm

I wouldn’t try it because he’s not very quick or good on the ball and his positional sense is awful at times.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Ponte wrote:I wouldn’t try it because he’s not very quick or good on the ball and his positional sense is awful at times.

Lol, yes well maybe, but if that’s true then he has no place in the team at all.

emtee

Postby emtee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Ailing misses bartley

aliosky gettin free ride here
flatters 2 decieve

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 pm

emtee wrote:Ailing misses bartley

flatters 2 decieve

Yes, maybe, that’s a good point.

Alioski not getting free ride from me, wouldn’t be in my team but could be better useful off the bench

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Alioski hasn't done enough on general, agreed, but part of the issue is having an inverted winger in front of a full back who also comes inside.

I thought he'd be of our best players this season, he's been a long way from it and peaked with that goal at forest.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

I.e. Is last night representative of his ability or is he actually just having a poor patch of form?

I’m not a fan, defensively he’s clueless, but arguably he’s one of the better RBs in the league so the deal makes sense from a playing point of view and from a resale point of view.

Will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:12 pm

emtee wrote:Ailing misses bartley

flatters 2 decieve

File him alongside the other wide options at the club not good enough. With the added bonus of having a hair cut which he's not good enough to carry off.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Manager has no idea.

They are linked, if you are trying to improve your squad when a player leaves to improve as a collective you need a better player in their place.

If we could get a player of Taylor's quality for 5m then we should be in there but we don't seem interested in players ready to go. Project signings and loan deals are the order of the day.

im giving the recruitment department the benefit of the doubt because if CBj was anything other than a last minute panic option then we won't be going anywhere.

As for cooper he played a few games at left back when he first arrived looked OK better than Warnock then again Warnock was stealing a living during this time here.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Nope but you’re welcome to any opinion you choose to have.

Return to “The Square Ball”