December raffle - One day for Toby

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
portadown white

Re: December raffle - One day for Toby

Postby portadown white » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:48 am

Very sad news. The only positive is the way the club and its players have responded to this awful news. I just hope this provides a small amount of comfort to Toby's family in time. RIP young man.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 am

Ahhh shit, poor kid.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 am

Very sad. RIP.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 am

Brave brave fight.

RIP Kid good night God bless.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:10 am

Sad day, RIP.
Andymac

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am

Very sad, really hope his parents & siblings are able to hold it together. Something like a 20-year season ticket for each of them, & maybe an unusually prominent tile on Bremner square, might be a nice gesture by the club, though of course I understand that horrible shit like this happens to many other people.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Gutted.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Obviously don't know the entire facts but fuck me, defrauding you sick kids fund for cancer treatment of 100k!

Hope it's not as bad as it sounds but it really doesn't sound good :(

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Andymac

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:48 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Obviously don't know the entire facts but fuck me, defrauding you sick kids fund for cancer treatment of 100k!

Andy none of us know why she's done such a silt, silly thing, but let's be charitable none of us can really comprehend the grief, stress and worry. Their life hasn't been normal, their income won't have been normal, the attention hasn't been normal

Let's give her a break

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Let's give her a break

Looks like shes been at it for a couple of years, people who couldn't really afford it will have given to the fund. Sounds like she took advantage of he son's illness to me. Not sure she deserves a break

Stacey Worsley, between January 2, 2017, and March 30, 2018, you committed fraud in that, dishonestly and intending thereby to make a gain for yourself or another, or to cause loss to another, or to expose another to the risk of loss, abused her position as a trustee in respect of monies donated for the treatment of Toby Nye, in which she was expected to safeguard or not take against the financial interests of the said Toby Nye, by using approximately £140,700 of such monies for her own purposes, in breach of Section 4 of the Fraud Act 2006."

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Obviously don't know the entire facts but fuck me, defrauding you sick kids fund for cancer treatment of 100k!

Andy none of us know why she's done such a silt, silly thing, but let's be charitable none of us can really comprehend the grief, stress and worry. Their life hasn't been normal, their income won't have been normal, the attention hasn't been normal

Let's give her a break

That's why I've been cautious in slagging her off. As I say doesn't look good.

Tommy

December raffle - One day for Toby

Postby Tommy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Grief and stress manifest themselves in so many ways. Addiction and/or persistent self-destructive behaviour are common side effects. Drink, drugs, sex, work - in this case stealing and gambling. We’re all distracting ourselves from something, even if we’re not aware of it. It’s not inconceivable to imagine that the scale of the transgression is proportional to the level of suffering.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Tommy wrote:Grief and stress manifest themselves in so many ways. Addiction and/or persistent self-destructive behaviour are common side effects. Drink, drugs, sex, work - in this case stealing and gambling. We’re all distracting ourselves from something, even if we’re not aware of it. It’s not inconceivable to imagine that the scale of the transgression is proportional to the level of suffering.

Yeah, I can't think of how e.g. a custodial term is going to help here...

I imagine Coops isn't best pleased.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Tommy wrote:Grief and stress manifest themselves in so many ways. Addiction and/or persistent self-destructive behaviour are common side effects. Drink, drugs, sex, work - in this case stealing and gambling. We’re all distracting ourselves from something, even if we’re not aware of it. It’s not inconceivable to imagine that the scale of the transgression is proportional to the level of suffering.

Agree, I could see how someone under the kind of stress she was could make some terrible decisions.

It seems strange that there aren’t rules to prevent people who could be at risk of this kind of behavior from having control of a charity’s cash?
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:32 am

Don't be in a rush to pass judgement on this.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: "As part of the investigation, police have secured the return of all of the money involved with a view to the majority being used to support an identical local good cause, which is yet to be decided on, and an amount being redistributed to identified key donors.

"At no point did the fraud affect the child’s medical treatment, which was funded separately."

A spokesperson for Leeds United said: "We can confirm that all money raised by supporters, players and staff of Leeds Untied during our Toby Nye campaign was ring-fenced by the club and used to pay for Toby's treatment."
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Sister confirms our suspicions, as articulated well earlier in the thread by TommyDski.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

Return to “The Square Ball”