Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
sunshine whites

December raffle - One day for Toby

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 am

One Day for Toby.
Fk cancer this deserves a thread

http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sheriden-worsley

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-n ... /team-toby

Leeds United are committed to raising the £200,000 needed for young, local supporter Toby Nye to receive the treatment he needs.
Toby Nye is a four-year-old Leeds fan suffering from High-Risk Neuroblastoma – a rare form of cancer which spreads rapidly across the body.

The treatment needed to save Toby’s life is not currently routinely available on the NHS and therefore we will come together as a family and raise the funds required. If the NHS do fund Toby’s treatment, then all the money raised by One Day for Toby will go towards supporting other families in similar situations.

The players, backroom staff and office staff at Leeds United, along with workers from the Leeds United Foundation and our parent company Aser will donate one day’s salary on Friday 27th October, the same day the Whites face Sheffield United. There will be various fundraising activities taking place at Elland Road in the build up to the game allowing supporters to join us and support Team Toby.

MightyWhite

One day for Toby

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 am

Yeah was surprised this didn’t appear on a thread already, perhaps we’re all getting a bit jaded. Great gesture by the club and symbolic of the sea change in the boardroom. Great stuff.

Get well soon little fella

sunshine whites

Re: One day for Toby

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:26 am

@lufctrust
As a show of appreciation for Toby Nye, we would like to invite all #lufc fans to join us in a one minute's applause during the 4th minute of Friday's game against D Blunts,
A visual prompt will appear on the big screen in the South West Corner to signal the start of this and it would be fantastic to hear a full house at Elland Road showing their support for Toby’s incredibly brave battle. Thank you.
MOT

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:02 pm

TOP MAN

"I think it's an incredible thing what the players, and the staff, and the coaches of Leeds United are doing for young Toby Nye,"
"One Day For Toby. Support it if you can.
"We're all Leeds aren't we?"

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 pm

AUCTIONS

Replying to @lufctrust @NoelDavidWhelan and 3 others
Bidding is almost at £500 on the signed Leeds United shirt!
The auction closes tomorrow evening, so if you'd like to help raise money for @TobyNye4, get your bids in here: http://ebay.eu/2zKkCmQ

@riotbadger @WACCOE @andrearadri
I have got a signed ball from around 74 signed by Clarke, Hunter, Madeley, Frank and Eddie, Jordan, Stewart, Reaney, Don Howe, Curry,

Tony Dorigo‏ @tonydorigo 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @riotbadger @andrearadri
....and I’ll personally hand it over to the winner at Elland Road #lufc #family
Winner gets handed over pitch side at ER by Tony

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 am

On waccoe- worthy cause - raffle for Leeds memorabilia - Draw early December
Tickets are £5 each or three for £10 and you can buy via PayPal to hutchy17462@hotmail.com or pm me for a bank transfer.
We have some other prizes such as a Leeds back pack, LUFC shot glasses, books, 4 video collection, mugs, beach towel etc; and if anyone wants to donate more prizes they would be welcomed.

http://www.waccoe.com/topic/295273-wacc ... ning-side/

http://www.waccoe.com/topic/295188-wacc ... ed-so-far/
raffle 4 toby 72 shirt.jpg
raffle Leeds smiley shirt.JPG

sunshine whites

Re: December raffle - One day for Toby

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 am

LuFc Class gesture

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:24 am

just clicked on the just giving link and it's only at £69,000 of the £200,000 they were hoping for. :(

does anyone know if that reflects all the donations, i hope some may have not gone through justgiving?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 am

They were 50k short last I saw.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:53 am

Blackwhite wrote:They were 50k short last I saw.

:cry: I hope they have a second push.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 am

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:They were 50k short last I saw.

:cry: I hope they have a second push.

I saw that figure during the video of the players party for him.

Have to admit the cynical mental arithmetic couldn't be stopped.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 pm

good news, especially the source of the cash to bring the collection over the finishing line.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-8965324

£25k [coming out of your after tax pay] is a lot of money for a championship footballer so fair play to saiz.

BC

Postby BC » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Good the target has been reached. And while I’m sure Samu contributed I’m not sure he paid the whole 25k himself. But for certain reasons people maybe thought it best to say he did.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 pm

:salute: Very classy act by Saiz

Great the club took this on and promoted it
Most important get well soon Toby.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 pm

the flying pig wrote:good news, especially the source of the cash to bring the collection over the finishing line.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-8965324

£25k [coming out of your after tax pay] is a lot of money for a championship footballer so fair play to saiz.

This whole thing has been really fucking great.
It's easy to be cynical about the PR around it all but fucking hell, it's our club using its power to harness support for summat life changing for one of our own. It's proper lovely to see. :salute:
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Glad they took my suggestion :cheers: :salute:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

BC wrote:Good the target has been reached. And while I’m sure Samu contributed I’m not sure he paid the whole 25k himself. But for certain reasons people maybe thought it best to say he did.

It's been suggested that this might have been his fine, though if that is the case it was a steep fine! I was thinking maybe the club had planned to pay the rest all along but saw the opportunity to do so in Saiz's name. Or he could very well have paid it! Who knows. Doesn't matter really, it's good news basically regardless of how the total was reached.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Tommy wrote:
BC wrote:Good the target has been reached. And while I’m sure Samu contributed I’m not sure he paid the whole 25k himself. But for certain reasons people maybe thought it best to say he did.

It's been suggested that this might have been his fine, though if that is the case it was a steep fine! I was thinking maybe the club had planned to pay the rest all along but saw the opportunity to do so in Saiz's name. Or he could very well have paid it! Who knows. Doesn't matter really, it's good news basically regardless of how the total was reached.

The cynic in me suggests it wasn't Samu's idea. A fine of 2 weeks wages wouldn't be unreasonable would it? (Or is that just old school champ manager thinking?) With a sweetner of "we'll put it in the pot and publicly say it was your idea".

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Actually you're not wrong, that would mean Saiz is on £12500 a week, which is not inconceivable given that it's been strongly rumoured that our highest earner is on £15k.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:44 am

Please guys dont loose sight of the bigger picture and taint this thread.
Money is the root of so much pollution in the game and perversion of sport, therefore if a tiny fraction has been diverted to make a difference its great news, and should not be soured.
There was not much interest or comment when I started this and the purpose was solely to raise awareness with no hard sell, just sharing the info if anyone felt inclined they could donate, and I'm sure most did discretely, for which I thank you.
The club and players have rallied round young Toby, there have been some wonderful moments for the young lad to bring him out to the games and little surprises with family, school and community.
This must have been a tremendous lift to a very sick little fella who has a massive battle in front of him and needs all the support.
No disrespect to anyone intentions in here as I suspect as thick, & abusive as we are in here sometimes :oops: :cheers: we are all die hard Leeds, and causes like this certainly choke me up, especially the show of caring to our extended Lufc & SB family.

Return to “The Square Ball”