The State of US/World politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 am

Yeah that’s pretty much spot on. It’s basically the same tone and style of your average Daily Mail article but because it’s on Twitter and about an accepted subject of derision, folk are giving him a lot of leeway. Seems like the bloke is seizing his 15 minutes and ringing all the money he can out of it. Not actually a criticism - there are worse ways to make money.

I think I said this before but one of the many issues of the two party system in the US and elsewhere is that it fosters extreme polarisation so every President is the worst one yet if you ask whichever party is not in power. Trump and Russia is the Democrat version of the Obama birther stuff.

Trump isn’t getting impeached. The Democrats are obsessed with this notion that foul play cost them the election because the alternative is accepting fault for blowing an election that should have been a walkover.

Blackwhite

Re: The State of US/World politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:28 am

Well if Tommy and emtee say it ain't happening, I'm left wondering if I should bet on it for before lunchtime :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 am

Pretty sure I said Clinton would win on the eve of the election too.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm

This is an interesting thread, re: the excuses about emails as a warm up to sacking Mueller...

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 am

From Private Eye:

Merry Christmas, Shitholians.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Ivanka, dodgy investors and the Panama Papers. Story is a month old yet I've never seen it...blind mebbe.

A segment:
Exclusive: How an alleged fraudster in Panama, working with Donald Trump's daughter, helped make Trump's first international hotel venture a success. The broker was in business with a money-launderer and two criminals from the former Soviet Union. Then he fled.....

The White House referred Reuters questions about the Ocean Club development to the Trump Organization. Garten said the Trump Organization’s role in the project “was at all times limited to licensing its brand and providing management services. As the company was not the owner or developer, it had no involvement in the sale of any units at the property.”

He said the Trump Organization “never had any contractual relationship or significant dealings” with Nogueira.

Nine former business partners or employees of Nogueira interviewed by Reuters accused him of cheating them and his clients. Two of the nine have taken legal action against Nogueira. The cases have yet to be judged.

When first approached by Reuters, Nogueira declined to answer questions. Writing on October 4, he said in an email: “Anything I would say could also damage a lot of important and powerful people. I am not sure I should do that.”

Later, Nogueira agreed to meet. In a lengthy interview, he described his contacts with the Trump family and his role in the Ocean Club project. He said he only learned after the Ocean Club project was almost complete that some of his partners and investors in the Trump project were criminals, including some with what he described as connections to the “Russian mafia.” He said he had not knowingly laundered any illicit money through the Trump project, although he did say he had laundered cash later in other schemes for corrupt Panamanian officials.

It was not his job to check the source of money that investors used to buy units in the Trump Ocean Club, Nogueira said. “I didn’t know the money was coming from anything illegal. As long as they were doing wire transfers and not cash, I wasn’t worried about the source of it.”

Nogueira said that no one asked him about the source of funds. “Nobody ever asked me. The banks didn’t ask. The developers didn’t ask. The Trump Organization didn’t ask me. Nobody asked me: ‘Who are the customers? Where did the money come from?’”

A few digging on whether this links to the Panama Papers and can thus be documented... And whether it links to the lady who got blown up in her car in Malta...

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm

I was wondering how North Korea switched on the line.
Was it some likkel ol switch flicked by a flunky or the big Kim himself. Did they have an out of office type voicemail on their end of the line during this break in communication? Did they simply forget to pay the bill and were cut off? Was there an expectant audience of senior officials crowded around the caller as he uttered some well crafted first words or was it just some bloke blowing down the line muttering ‘testing, testing’

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:43 pm

A Cunt-Wraith speaks out.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book
Bannon: ‘They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.

Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

Bannon went on, Wolffe writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up “in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people”. Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”.

Bannon added: “You never see it, you never know it, because you don’t need to … But that’s the brain trust that they had.”

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Last month it was reported that federal prosecutors had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, the German financial institution that has lent hundreds of millions of dollars to the Kushner property empire. Bannon continues: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit. The Kushner shit is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Further to the revelations in the Wolff book, the NYmag are running excerpts. This first is long, but if it's accurate hoo boy shit be cray. Starts with "he never thought he'd win" and then apparent close source testimony up the wazoo.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

More tasters from Wolff, wherein he bangs the 25th Amendment drum more loudly.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Howard Hughes called and wants his mental state back.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Anyone need a free copy of Wolff's book then?

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Anyone need a free copy of Wolff's book then?

I’m in
I like it. What is it?

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Devi wrote:

I’m in

Me too
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Wakefield White wrote:
Devi wrote:

I’m in

Me too

Is there something in your settings that stops you getting PMs by any unrelated chance? :dwarf:

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Yes please

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:10 am

Me , ta.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Return to “The Square Ball”