The State of US/World politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Vampire

Re: The State of US/World politics

Postby Vampire » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am

Mustafaster wrote:Vamps giving us all a lesson about a country that he's never been to and whose language he doesn't speak again.
How lucky we are.

Mustafaster wrote:It takes some kind of narcissist to think that their opinion is valid when they have no first hand knowledge.

Mustafaster wrote:It's perfectly possible to have an opinion on something you have no first hand knowledge of if you've put the hard yards in and studied it in some depth over a period.

As a cognitive test Musta, which of the above three positions from you (all posted in the past hour or so) is not consistent with the other two?

Though TBF the third statement, whilst back tracking on the first two, does at least demonstrate you finally recognise the irrationality of the first two.

But now you add a new qualification to folks' right to post an opinion on the Internet, namely they must have "studied (the subject) in some depth over a period." Again, I look forward to you pointing that out to anyone else giving opinions on here on matters they haven't studied in depth over a period - not to mention being similarly restrained yourself - and again good luck with that.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am

Vampire wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Vamps giving us all a lesson about a country that he's never been to and whose language he doesn't speak again.
How lucky we are.

Mustafaster wrote:It takes some kind of narcissist to think that their opinion is valid when they have no first hand knowledge.

Mustafaster wrote:It's perfectly possible to have an opinion on something you have no first hand knowledge of if you've put the hard yards in and studied it in some depth over a period.

As a cognitive test Musta, which of the above three positions from you (all posted in the past hour or so) is not consistent with the other two?

Though TBF the third statement, whilst back tracking on the first two, does at least demonstrate you finally recognise the irrationality of the first two.

But now you add a new qualification to folks' right to post an opinion on the Internet, namely they must have "studied (the subject) in some depth over a period." Again, I look forward to you pointing that out to anyone else giving opinions on here on matters they haven't studied in depth over a period - not to mention being similarly restrained yourself - and again good luck with that.

Come on then Vamps
Show us yer medals. What experience or knowledge do you have of Zimbabwe that would make us give your opinions any weight. I've told you what mine is, and I recognise it's flimsy.

Why would we take you seriously when you appear to know even less than I do?
If it turns out you do have knowledge or experience of the matter, great.

I'm very willing to admit I'm wrong if that's the case.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 am

Flynn flypps.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:29 am

As ever, Abramson gives the low down and context, suggesting this is less newsworthy than it appears, and heaping shite on the NYT.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 am

Listening to Ann Coulter on R$ Today programme this morning.
Man, dat bitch she be plum crazy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09gbnfg#play
2:10
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Listening to Ann Coulter on R$ Today programme this morning.

Cheers, Musta: only caught the last question of that exchange this morning. Crikey, she's a fucking horrible specimen. As patronising as you like and yet wrong about absolutely everything she said. It would be hilarious if it weren't for cunts like her being in charge over there.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Listening to Ann Coulter on R$ Today programme this morning.

Gah, this thing about the conflict between free speech and giving utter fucking bastards airtime. It's not 'balance' FFS.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Flynn.

Heh.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:20 am

Abramson megathread on Flynn (seriously long but insightful): worth a read.

Next up: White House silence, attempts to rapidly force through Trump tax agenda etc. with no oversight (happening now), more indictments, more plea bargains, first attempts to sack Mueller, dot dot dot, Trump dies in jail. Pence and Kushner should also speak to their lawyers.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Don Jr. looking good as another future porridge enthusiast (shorter thread this one)

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 pm

The tax bill that just went through ensures the chances of Trump being impeached has gone from 1% to 0%. The Republicans won't turn on him as long as he's pushing that sort of shit through. Every single thing you can ever accuse Trump of is just Fake News to the people who voted for him.

Russia undoubtedly had an impact on the elections and I'm sure there was collusion but the fact of the matter is the Dems had a terrific candidate available and went for an awful one instead. They'll lose the next one too if they don't admit that to themselves.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:53 pm

He's at some historic level of public disapproval, something like 60%+ I think. Lots of people realising how this tax bill fucks them by taking their deductibles and driving up the cost of their health insurance.

A few more perp walks from his nearest and dearest, and the visual power will associate him in most minds. Then it's just waiting for the moment it hits them. Maybe if he tries to pardon Jr. Who knows, watch and wait like the rest of us!

Weird times.

One last Twitter thing I liked;

He's really not the smartest guy.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Blackwhite wrote:He's at some historic level of public disapproval, something like 60%+ I think. Lots of people realising how this tax bill fucks them by taking their deductibles and driving up the cost of their health insurance.

I don't put much store in those things for obvious reasons. Once people are in the voting booth it's a different story. Honestly, it's the same as mostly right wing voters everywhere - by and large they don't care at all if something is actually hurting them (see Brexit for a local example), they are just voting for whoever echoes whatever bigotry is their personal thing, be it racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia etc.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Lots of folks split their voting tactically to avoid imbalances in the two houses... and the voters I know there are much more sensible then you allow for.

...and remember the old aphorisms about inequality and uprisings. On small scales you'll see the ratchet slip back sometimes, if not you end up making a bigger correction. And stuff goes on fire.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
...and remember the old aphorisms about inequality and uprisings. On small scales you'll see the ratchet slip back sometimes, if not you end up making a bigger correction. And stuff goes on fire.

That’s the spirit. Your prediction of riots in England by August didn’t materialise, but undaunted you move on to “uprisings” in the US. Do you have a rough date for this one?

There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:56 am

Trump is using the old political trick of saying summat a million times it becomes true, he said Clinton lied to the FBI yesterday and got away with it but his bloke is having his life ruined, The FBI have said Clinton did not lie to them and cleared her in the investigation. He's like a fucking four year old that cant get his own way, I still reckon some fucker will slot him.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Well, at least the evangelicals can be happy. One step closer to The Rapture.

Starting to get more than sick of this cunt now.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Well, at least the evangelicals can be happy. One step closer to The Rapture.

Starting to get more than sick of this cunt now.

Which cunt? The one who's lips are moving? Or the Daemon behind him?

I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”