The State of US/World politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: The State of US/World politics

Postby jackos » Fri May 29, 2020 5:30 am

Looks like the big sulking baby is moving to Instagram - or at least he's now updated his twitter profile to a Instagram link after his Mate Zuckerberg piled in to help him.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Fri May 29, 2020 6:07 am

Isn't Zuckerberg the one that lied through his teeth to get control of his company?
And subsequently given a few million dollars and shares in return for settlements and non-disclosure agreements.
So yeah - probably not a huge fan of the truth.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 am

Trump now ordering state-sanctioned murder over Twitter. Extremely normal behaviour:

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri May 29, 2020 7:11 am

Professor Weeto wrote:Trump now ordering state-sanctioned murder over Twitter. Extremely normal behaviour:

So Russia and China might just get the US civil war they dream of ..

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 am

Professor Weeto wrote:Trump now ordering state-sanctioned murder over Twitter. Extremely normal behaviour:

Saw an opinion elsewhere that that tweet my literally go down in history
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 7:17 am

The alt-right have been after civil war for ages, all they ever fucking talk about. This is why they wear those stupid Hawaiian shirts, bizarrely. It's a long story.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am

CNN's Don Lemon expressing the feelings of Black America very clearly. Powerful stuff.

CNN's Don Lemon

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 am

Twitter have marked his tweet as glorifying violence. That'll cheer him up.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 29, 2020 7:44 am

You’d like to think there’s a possibility that at some point one of his security detail might just think ‘Fuck this nonsense, I’ll just shoot the cunt’. That’d make things even worse for a bit though, I suppose.
HM Collector Of Parcels

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri May 29, 2020 8:05 am

Blackwhite wrote:Twitter have marked his tweet as glorifying violence. That'll cheer him up.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 8:39 am

jackos wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Twitter have marked his tweet as glorifying violence. That'll cheer him up.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers:

Stopped it being linked anorl. Piss temperature: steam.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri May 29, 2020 9:45 am

2020 using up about 5 years of news events at this point and it’s not even June
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 29, 2020 3:29 pm

A different protest in Louisville in response to a black woman shot dead by police in her home whilst they were looking for someone else who was already in custody.

In't going to be another summer of love.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Wow.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri May 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Wow.

Kinnel!
Dat mother gonna blow, sho 'nuff

Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri May 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Trump playing the Yellow Peril card a bit early, imo.
Nothing like pointing the finger at some foreign devils when your country is going to shit, cities are burning and the deaths are into six figures .... but ya gots ta get the timing right.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm

Blackwhite wrote:The alt-right have been after civil war for ages, all they ever fucking talk about. This is why they wear those stupid Hawaiian shirts, bizarrely. It's a long story.

The alt-right can jerk themselves off to that all they want, but there is zero desire for that among the sane of people from both colors, nor the organizational power to do so on either side. A riot isn't "racial warfare", it's an expression of anger.

As a white person in America, we have to do all we can to point out inequality and the privilege we enjoy that African-Americans don't. You don't truly believe in equal rights if you don't.

A few examples? As much as I know most policemen and women are fine people, including the ones I know myself, and I’ve seen many eloquent social media posts from cops expressing their disgust and anguish at the actions of their own, I also know that I see a disproportionate amount of African-Americans pulled over for trifling matters I know I never would be pulled over for.

Guess what the first thing I do is when I drive by the scene of someone who has been pulled over? I see what their skin color is. Invariably, it’s black, and I just shake my head, knowing someone is likely being targeted for the color of their skin.

Where I live, 11 percent of the population is black, but that’s nowhere near the percentage of those stopped by law enforcement is. Driving While Black is not something I need to worry about, because I’m privileged, but I find it disgusting and it angers me that people of color have to worry about it everyday.

Racial profiling is a scourge and people wonder why there’s mistrust between African-Americans and cops?

A bigger thing is that too many white people refuse to have any empathy or even attempt to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes. This is the ultimate expression of privilege and often unspoken racism.

When someone says “don’t play the race card” or “why bring color into it” they are demonstrating a shocking lack of understanding that the very essence of these issues (and most issues on some level) are about race and color. Issues they don’t have to worry about because they’re not discriminated against.

Not being racist doesn’t stop at not saying the N-word and patting yourself on the back for “not being racist”. It’s about recognizing racism when it's seen, not burying your head in the sand, or making up a bunch of shoddy excuses for abuse of power.

Same thing with “all lives matter”. Of course all lives matter, but at the heart of these incidents are blacks lives being taken and blacks being abused by the power structure, not white ones. Why is that so hard for so many white people to understand?

As white people, we need to see these issues through the eyes of minorities. Too few have the inclination to do so. Until they do, these types of incidents will keep occurring. And anything we say about equality is just bullshit lip service.
The artist formerly known as Terre Harte I. Occasionally posts Nolans videos.

Something-something here about Massimo Cellino, beer and refrigerators.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 30, 2020 6:19 am

Fuck.Ing.Hell.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 30, 2020 6:28 am

... and is there anything better than Running Nazis wherever you find them?

Return to “The Square Ball”