Leeds Fans Praised

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Supernorm

Leeds Fans Praised

Postby Supernorm » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Sorry, but I pinched this from the 606 chatroom but it's worth it.............................

Article taken from The Yeovil Express.

"The police have revealed that there was not a single arrest made during Friday night's Coca-Cola League One clash between Yeovil Town and Leeds United at Huish Park."

"Despite Yeovil fans being angry about the way large numbers of visiting supporters were able to get their hands on tickets so easily for the home sections of Huish Park, police are pleased that the fixture passed off without incident."

"A police spokesman, speaking on the Avon and Somerset Constabulary's official website, said: "Home supporters became disgruntled due to the fact that a large number of Leeds United supporters gained entry into home areas of the stadium."

"Perhaps the Leeds fans, considering their huge supporter base and that demand was far higher than supply, merely bought tickets for the home ends because they wanted to watch and support their team?"

A lot had been said about the Leeds fans obtaining tickets in the Yeovil end but as the article states, there was no trouble at all. I love the last paragraph on this article.

A bit of positive press for our fans is always welcome.

All those who went deserve a wacco style hand clapping!!
8) 8)
Gripper wrote: "I did a Shaolin Qi-Gong taster sesh a few weeks back. Dead good it was" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Square Ball”