Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Ponte wrote:Absolute bobbins lately.

Give the new lad a chance... Fuckingbottom, isn't it?

It's been very patchy though, is our lonely admin restarting it from time to time until the next logjam? Same massive polling of something from outside as before (i forget)?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Was the site giving connection errors for anyone else today, or was it just the network I'm on here?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:13 am

Blackwhite wrote:Was the site giving connection errors for anyone else today, or was it just the network I'm on here?

Aye, it was fucked.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Cheers Ponte.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Moscow's weekly ramblings were on his Patreon site rather than TSB this week with something in the opening paragraphs about some website work. Might have been nice if someone had let us know about it.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:39 pm

I had to move the main site to a new host because the old one is closing. The forum hasn't moved and never went down. For a few hours yesterday it was sporadically unreachable from some parts of the world while the DNS got pointed to the new main site. I didn't expect that would affect access to the forum but it did. Sorry.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:48 pm

moscowhite wrote:I had to move the main site to a new host because the old one is closing. The forum hasn't moved and never went down. For a few hours yesterday it was sporadically unreachable from some parts of the world while the DNS got pointed to the new main site. I didn't expect that would affect access to the forum but it did. Sorry.

Yeah, it was DNS errors I was getting rather than the forum being down. Seemed odd, that would explain it.

"Some parts of the world" being Ponte Carlo and North America thus far, any more for any more? :mrgreen:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Thanks for fixing. Happy to report that I had no access & nor did, judging by the message he sent me, b@stard.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Might be wasier to ask who did have access, I don't think anyone posted at all yesterday?

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:51 pm

As far as I could tell it was accessible all day from France.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 pm

moscowhite wrote:As far as I could tell it was accessible all day from France.

:mrgreen:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I currently do have access using mobile data but not my home network.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:40 pm

strangely, i can access it on home pc using the tor browser but not a regular one.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Has it been off again today? Not been able to get on through Safari (until now) but then neither were I yesterday when seemingly everyone else was.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:45 pm

There haven't been any more changes since Saturday that would cause a problem, but it takes a while for those changes to filter through to every ISP, anywhere from 24 to 72 hours.

Clearing your browser's cache might also help, to force it to go find the changes.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:09 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Clearing your browser's cache might also help, to force it to go find the changes.

This definitely helped on one device for me.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:27 am

A few moans.

Quite often, when I click the orange box on a post to take me to the first unread post, I get directed to the first post on the page, not the first unread post.

When I select 'submit' I sometimes get the following - 'You cannot make another post so soon after your last.' Even though I have not posted for a while, the post is posted but that message is there, its a little confusing/ annoying.

Any chance of making it easier to post links with your own text while using mobile, and a laptop for that matter? It is a right faff having to insert = then landing your finger/ cursor on the right spot - twice.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:29 pm

OWETB wrote:When I select 'submit' I sometimes get the following - 'You cannot make another post so soon after your last.' Even though I have not posted for a while, the post is posted but that message is there, its a bit annoying.

I was getting that message using Tapatalk on my mobile and I think I worked out the problem last week. Basically it doesn’t seem to want to let you post if you’ve got one of your own posts quoted in a message you’re then quoting. When I deleted my original post in the quote and just left some cunt’s reply, it let me post my words of superior wisdom.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:01 pm

I just added a post on a thread, no quotes or anything and I got the error message again. Posted from my laptop on chrome btw.

Who knows, admin might log in at some point this year and press a button.

Return to “The Square Ball”