Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby jackos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Beer Pig wrote:El Bastardo

Or "admin" I guess? Thats El Bastardo's username

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Also, I'm on here every day, and I've never actually had a problem getting on, so it's all a bit abstract to me. .

Main problem is during CK's/matches, so there's probably no point checking/debugging on a Saturday evening or Monday. Can't even log on for CK's

Tell Gaz to pop in n say hi. We all thought he was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:20 pm

jackos wrote:Tell Gaz to pop in n say hi. We all thought he was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TBF that set in well before he stopped posting.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
jackos wrote:Tell Gaz to pop in n say hi. We all thought he was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TBF that set in well before he stopped posting.

Fuck that, tell him to fuck off. :thumbl:
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Fuck me, this is soul destroying. It is close the the final days of leedschat at times.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

FER

Postby FER » Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 am

It was horrendous yesterday, but has picked up considerably today.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Sat May 13, 2017 12:30 am

Site seems much better last week or so. Well done to whoever fiddled with the relevant switches and widgets

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Site running like shite on a matchday AGAIN. Whodathunkit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 am

So what's with the site performance recently? CK times its grinding to a halt. Are we on a smaller/crappier server than we used to be or something?
If it's a question of someone having the time/inclination to manage a certain aspect of the admin, I'd be happy to have a go.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:06 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:So what's with the site performance recently? CK times its grinding to a halt. Are we on a smaller/crappier server than we used to be or something?
If it's a question of someone having the time/inclination to manage a certain aspect of the admin, I'd be happy to have a go.

Problem there is someone from admin actually being here to see this and answer you. They all fucked off long ago. Try writing in to the mag.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm probably the only mod that's still hanging around and I think Bly have certain privileges and certainly don't have the know how to deal with forum problems.

I'd try to PM Dan or Chubby to see if you get a response

moscowhite

Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby moscowhite » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm

I'll have a word with Dan. Seemed like stability had sorted itself out but that must have just been the quiet summer. We've been looking at the hosting for the main site and that might mean we're able to solve something for them together. Might need some time to sort but I'll try and get things moving.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Time to find a new home, even if just for match days? This is getting fucking silly now. I find it rude that nobody actually even acknowledges offers of help, except Moscow and he's not got keys for this place (as far as I know).
Hmmm.

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 pm

There are free chat rooms available. I've used them for NFL game nights and they work fine in real-time...

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am

I'm aware (and relieved) that this place ran like a dream during the Forest game the other week.

The downside is that, because nobody has been able to work out what has been slowing the forum down during matches (it should all be fine), nobody had actually changed anything behind the scenes to cause it to run so well. It's fucking bewitched or something.

So it's anyone's guess what'll happen during the Burton game tomorrow. I'll be at Elland Road, so could somebody here keep this link to hand --> https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/TSOR/http: ... eball.net/

— and if the site isn't loading, try running that test, to see if it shows at what point the problem occurs? The key part is the 'File Requests' section.

This one too --> https://www.webpagetest.org/

Then if the results could be posted on here, we might have a clue about where it's going wrong.

Hopefully this'll all be unnecessary and the Forest performance was a permanent sign of things to come, rather than a false dawn (on here and on the pitch).
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:36 pm

moscowhite wrote:I'm aware (and relieved) that this place ran like a dream during the Forest game the other week.

The downside is that, because nobody has been able to work out what has been slowing the forum down during matches (it should all be fine), nobody had actually changed anything behind the scenes to cause it to run so well. It's fucking bewitched or something.

So it's anyone's guess what'll happen during the Burton game tomorrow. I'll be at Elland Road, so could somebody here keep this link to hand --> https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/TSOR/http: ... eball.net/

— and if the site isn't loading, try running that test, to see if it shows at what point the problem occurs? The key part is the 'File Requests' section.

This one too --> https://www.webpagetest.org/

Then if the results could be posted on here, we might have a clue about where it's going wrong.

Hopefully this'll all be unnecessary and the Forest performance was a permanent sign of things to come, rather than a false dawn (on here and on the pitch).

I'll be at ER tomorrow but not for the Brum game so will have a look then if needed.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm

site performance was pretty shit towards the end of last night's game but I hadnt noticed Moscow's update before. Will keep it in mind next time there's a problem..

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:12 pm

PHP mod type folks: is there a toggle to set threads for limited access? You know, like CKs. Asking for a friend.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Blackwhite wrote:PHP mod type folks: is there a toggle to set threads for limited access? You know, like CKs. Asking for a friend.

Given WACCOE had (has?) the whole sub forum thing to get through before being allowed on the main forum, yes. But... Not the SB way.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Absolute bobbins lately.
Hmmm.

Return to “The Square Ball”