Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby jackos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Beer Pig wrote:El Bastardo


Or "admin" I guess? Thats El Bastardo's username

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby jackos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Also, I'm on here every day, and I've never actually had a problem getting on, so it's all a bit abstract to me. .


Main problem is during CK's/matches, so there's probably no point checking/debugging on a Saturday evening or Monday. Can't even log on for CK's

Tell Gaz to pop in n say hi. We all thought he was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:20 pm

jackos wrote:Tell Gaz to pop in n say hi. We all thought he was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TBF that set in well before he stopped posting.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Man Called Sun
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am
Location: The dancefloor

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
jackos wrote:Tell Gaz to pop in n say hi. We all thought he was dead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TBF that set in well before he stopped posting.

Fuck that, tell him to fuck off. :thumbl:
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Ponte » Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Fuck me, this is soul destroying. It is close the the final days of leedschat at times.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
FER
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 am
Location: Hanging Out The Back Of Winona Ryder

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby FER » Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 am

It was horrendous yesterday, but has picked up considerably today.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Mindo
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Mindo » Sat May 13, 2017 12:30 am

Site seems much better last week or so. Well done to whoever fiddled with the relevant switches and widgets

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Site running like shite on a matchday AGAIN. Whodathunkit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
LSD&2Es
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Surrey

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 am

So what's with the site performance recently? CK times its grinding to a halt. Are we on a smaller/crappier server than we used to be or something?
If it's a question of someone having the time/inclination to manage a certain aspect of the admin, I'd be happy to have a go.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Ponte » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:06 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:So what's with the site performance recently? CK times its grinding to a halt. Are we on a smaller/crappier server than we used to be or something?
If it's a question of someone having the time/inclination to manage a certain aspect of the admin, I'd be happy to have a go.

Problem there is someone from admin actually being here to see this and answer you. They all fucked off long ago. Try writing in to the mag.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm probably the only mod that's still hanging around and I think Bly have certain privileges and certainly don't have the know how to deal with forum problems.

I'd try to PM Dan or Chubby to see if you get a response

User avatar
moscowhite
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby moscowhite » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm

I'll have a word with Dan. Seemed like stability had sorted itself out but that must have just been the quiet summer. We've been looking at the hosting for the main site and that might mean we're able to solve something for them together. Might need some time to sort but I'll try and get things moving.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Ponte » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Time to find a new home, even if just for match days? This is getting fucking silly now. I find it rude that nobody actually even acknowledges offers of help, except Moscow and he's not got keys for this place (as far as I know).
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
FredFlintstone
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: West Park, Leeds

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby FredFlintstone » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 pm

There are free chat rooms available. I've used them for NFL game nights and they work fine in real-time...

User avatar
moscowhite
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby moscowhite » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am

I'm aware (and relieved) that this place ran like a dream during the Forest game the other week.

The downside is that, because nobody has been able to work out what has been slowing the forum down during matches (it should all be fine), nobody had actually changed anything behind the scenes to cause it to run so well. It's fucking bewitched or something.

So it's anyone's guess what'll happen during the Burton game tomorrow. I'll be at Elland Road, so could somebody here keep this link to hand --> https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/TSOR/http: ... eball.net/

— and if the site isn't loading, try running that test, to see if it shows at what point the problem occurs? The key part is the 'File Requests' section.

This one too --> https://www.webpagetest.org/

Then if the results could be posted on here, we might have a clue about where it's going wrong.

Hopefully this'll all be unnecessary and the Forest performance was a permanent sign of things to come, rather than a false dawn (on here and on the pitch).
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Ponte » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:36 pm

moscowhite wrote:I'm aware (and relieved) that this place ran like a dream during the Forest game the other week.

The downside is that, because nobody has been able to work out what has been slowing the forum down during matches (it should all be fine), nobody had actually changed anything behind the scenes to cause it to run so well. It's fucking bewitched or something.

So it's anyone's guess what'll happen during the Burton game tomorrow. I'll be at Elland Road, so could somebody here keep this link to hand --> https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/TSOR/http: ... eball.net/

— and if the site isn't loading, try running that test, to see if it shows at what point the problem occurs? The key part is the 'File Requests' section.

This one too --> https://www.webpagetest.org/

Then if the results could be posted on here, we might have a clue about where it's going wrong.

Hopefully this'll all be unnecessary and the Forest performance was a permanent sign of things to come, rather than a false dawn (on here and on the pitch).


I'll be at ER tomorrow but not for the Brum game so will have a look then if needed.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby jackos » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm

site performance was pretty shit towards the end of last night's game but I hadnt noticed Moscow's update before. Will keep it in mind next time there's a problem..

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:12 pm

PHP mod type folks: is there a toggle to set threads for limited access? You know, like CKs. Asking for a friend.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Blackwhite wrote:PHP mod type folks: is there a toggle to set threads for limited access? You know, like CKs. Asking for a friend.

Given WACCOE had (has?) the whole sub forum thing to get through before being allowed on the main forum, yes. But... Not the SB way.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Ponte » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Absolute bobbins lately.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests