Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 am

They don't need to log into the forum to administer the server etc though, do they. Gaz has been looking at it was what I took.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Gaz managed everything didn't he? Managed the forum, sorted out spammers etc, managed the server, database etc Bugger knows. I've never administered a phpBB forum and I soon tired of mucking around with my own website, but I assume it's relatively easy, problem is finding the time to do it not doing it. I hardly have time to read the forum or post these days, especially now it takes 10 minutes to post summat....

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:42 pm

:scratch: .....and now it's sorted!!! Thanks to whomever

Edit....but not for long, fucked again.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Sure feels like another molasses attack...

Edit<and suddenly better? Who are you, masked stranger? *swoons*
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:52 am

Blackwhite wrote:Sure feels like another molasses attack...

Seems like it goes to fuck Fri/Sat and recovers Sunday... :scratch:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:25 am

Mustafaster wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Sure feels like another molasses attack...

Seems like it goes to fuck Fri/Sat and recovers Sunday... :scratch:

Yeah, every week. Good job those days aren't important in a football forum.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Absolutely unusable at the moment the forum. Getting as bad as it was when Ben ran it. But who has time to run it?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:58 pm

It's been working fine for me today, usually doesn't mind...

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:07 pm

I couldn't get into the site at all last night, but reading the login screen it said "54 users logged in". Is that because the software is shit/ needs updating and a lot of us where trying to log in at the same time ? Was Waccoe down? Or is someone fucking with us during matches? Because the site seems to work fine most of the time?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 am

Cam someone please sort this fucking site out, or at least look like they give a fuck?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:54 am

Why?

It's the perfect reflection of the club: under-resourced, works fine right up until kick off, then everything turns to shit.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 am

I guess we're asking the wrong question, Forum belongs to its members, does do any of us have the know how and time to take over the admin? I stuffed most days at work these days so I don't have time to look into it really - but if a few posters take it on then surely we can just ask "whoever" to share the necessary precondition info and let them get on with it?

Who is "whoever" these days? SHD started the forum after Ben abandoned Leedschat, he handed forum admin over to Gaz when he got too busy with work and kids, but is SHD even involved in TSB these days? Guess it's easiest to Tweet the admins if we need their attention, since the twitter account is still active, but there little point if we don't have a few posters that can step figure out and fix the problem

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:14 am

Ossets backup site still seems to be working, so that's an alternative for CKs till this site is sorted. I had a look yesterday but could find a button to start a new thread .....

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am

I've seen Gaz on Twitter trying to fix things; he restarted the server at least once yesterday. I don't think it's the case the nobody gives a fuck, it's more that nobody can work out what the problem is.

I'll see if I can find anything more out.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Ponte

Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Ponte » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:27 pm

moscowhite wrote:I've seen Gaz on Twitter trying to fix things; he restarted the server at least once yesterday. I don't think it's the case the nobody gives a fuck, it's more that nobody can work out what the problem is.

The annoying thing is, Moscow, nobody even bothers acknowledging that something is wrong. Just a lack of common courtesy really.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Ponte wrote:
moscowhite wrote:I've seen Gaz on Twitter trying to fix things; he restarted the server at least once yesterday. I don't think it's the case the nobody gives a fuck, it's more that nobody can work out what the problem is.

The annoying thing is, Moscow, nobody even bothers acknowledging that something is wrong. Just a lack of common courtesy really.

Aye, that's why I said something, even though I don't actually have any way of actually helping :basket:

Also, I'm on here every day, and I've never actually had a problem getting on, so it's all a bit abstract to me.

I doubt SHD ever comes on here because the man exists in a world without free time. Dunno about Gaz. I'll get in touch with them and see what we can work out.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:01 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Ponte wrote:

Aye, that's why I said something, even though I don't actually have any way of actually helping :basket:

Also, I'm on here every day, and I've never actually had a problem getting on, so it's all a bit abstract to me.

I doubt SHD ever comes on here because the man exists in a world without free time. Dunno about Gaz. I'll get in touch with them and see what we can work out.

:salute:
I would happily lend a hand but I don't have any experience of how this shit works, I suspect plenty on here are the same.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 pm

jackos wrote:Ossets backup site still seems to be working, so that's an alternative for CKs till this site is sorted. I had a look yesterday but could find a button to start a new thread .....

What is my posting name on there? I can't remember so I can't log in.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm

OWETB wrote:
jackos wrote:Ossets backup site still seems to be working, so that's an alternative for CKs till this site is sorted. I had a look yesterday but could find a button to start a new thread .....

That's a smiting.

Beer Pig

Postby Beer Pig » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm

OWETB wrote:

El Bastardo
I gave up beer, it was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

Return to “The Square Ball”