Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mindo

Re: Technical Gubbins / Site Update

Postby Mindo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:05 am

First time ive looked in this thread- just seen the admin caused by my previous tidying up. Sorry about that chaps

I'm definitely not behind the Russian insurgence though...

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:29 am

Just tried a change of approach: you have to answer an LUFC-related question before you can register. Began to wonder if that period of the server getting hammered was a brute force attempt at cracking those questions. Some have really short answers like "white" or "LS110ES" so it's not implausible that they could have succeeded...

Anyway, since the spam started flooding in in the wake of that, I've changed the questions to have more complex answers. But it might just invite another hack-attack when it's clear it's been changed...

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:14 pm

gazurtoids wrote:Just tried a change of approach: you have to answer an LUFC-related question before you can register. Began to wonder if that period of the server getting hammered was a brute force attempt at cracking those questions. Some have really short answers like "white" or "LS110ES" so it's not implausible that they could have succeeded...

Anyway, since the spam started flooding in in the wake of that, I've changed the questions to have more complex answers. But it might just invite another hack-attack when it's clear it's been changed...

Does Capcha work in these cases?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Quite possibly. phpbb's built-in ones look a bit basic & have no doubt long since been nobbled but there's this one we can use now too: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:57 am

no biggie I don't think but all of the PMs in my inbox, and hence all of my rec'd PMs, are no longer there. I may have wiped them myself by accident but I don't think so?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 am

the flying pig wrote:no biggie I don't think but all of the PMs in my inbox, and hence all of my rec'd PMs, are no longer there. I may have wiped them myself by accident but I don't think so?

Space time continuum thingy isn't it?

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:34 am

Hmmm. Mine all appear to still be there. The system does start to delete old sent messages but only once there're over 100 and only enough to accommodate the new ones.

It's pretty hard to delete them all accidentally though: you'd need to "misclick" three times in a row.

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 am

Just looking at the DB: I can see 161 messages sent to you and 137 sent by you. So they've not been deleted. Are they definitely not showing up?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:54 am

gazurtoids wrote:Just looking at the DB: I can see 161 messages sent to you and 137 sent by you. So they've not been deleted. Are they definitely not showing up?

Ah ok I checked and they're all hiding in 'saved messages' rather than inbox, apologies. I prolly moved them myself by mistake, apologies.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:19 pm

Tapatalk telling me the forum not available and forcing me into the stupid fucking chat room. Have tried clearing App data and restarting the app, but no luck

Edited - fucking autocorrect

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Tapatalk still not working for me, any ideas??

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Site running like molasses for me on multiple devices. Needs a reboot or 5 bob.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Spent the first half blocking a load of shit. Mainly spiders/bots this time. Don't know the full ranges so improvement atm might be temporary.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Fucking hell, it lives :thumbl: :salute: :bounce:

Lot of data under the bridge since you last surfaced.

Well done Dan :salute: :drunk:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:09 pm

gazurtoids wrote:Spent the first half blocking a load of shit. Mainly spiders/bots this time. Don't know the full ranges so improvement atm might be temporary.

Am i still hammering the servers? Made a couple of changes, disabled ad block on the site for one.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Who has the keys to the place nowadays?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Disco Dan
Site Admin

Postby Disco Dan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Ponte wrote:Who has the keys to the place nowadays?

I'm still here lurking around, just don't have much chance to post much these days.

We've got two servers on the go. One server for the forum and one for the rest of the site. Over the new year break the rest of the site was moved to new hosting. I wasn't aware that the redirect to the forum was somehow being done by the other server rather than externally via the site's DNS, as would normally be the case. I've updated the DNS now so hopefully it'll sort itself out over the coming hours.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:32 am

Disco Dan wrote:
Ponte wrote:Who has the keys to the place nowadays?

I'm still here lurking around, just don't have much chance to post much these days.

We've got two servers on the go. One server for the forum and one for the rest of the site. Over the new year break the rest of the site was moved to new hosting. I wasn't aware that the redirect to the forum was somehow being done by the other server rather than externally via the site's DNS, as would normally be the case. I've updated the DNS now so hopefully it'll sort itself out over the coming hours.

Fuck me, the ghost of Christmas past :mrgreen:

Still only working directly via the IP.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:01 am

Thing is Ponte, unless the cunts go to Twitter they won't know the IP address so won't be able to read this post. Bit catch 22 etc and so on...

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:55 am

The moneymaking bits on one server, us cunts on another... God the temptation to just burn the fucker must've been huge.

Return to “The Square Ball”