The World, the Universe and everything...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Vampire

Re: The World, the Universe and everything...

Postby Vampire » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:52 am

There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 pm

FER

Postby FER » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Anybody see the Horizon Time Travel episode last week?

After about 15 mins, a couple of Space Nerds confirm that time travel isn't possible. What follows, is 45 minutes of other Space Nerds explaining what might be possible, if other things which might be possible, were possible.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:32 pm

FER wrote:Anybody see the Horizon Time Travel episode last week?

After about 15 mins, a couple of Space Nerds confirm that time travel isn't possible. What follows, is 45 minutes of other Space Nerds explaining what might be possible, if other things which might be possible, were possible.

You said that tomorrow.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:26 am

Some excellent ethical points by eminent and respected biologist Richard Dawkins.....

There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 pm

We just had our first rain in a few hot weeks. The smell of the petrichor is just amazing. I realise I love it completely due to positive association. The great smell of the invisible.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Blackwhite wrote:The great smell of the invisible.

Yeah, I've been churning out some stunning farts today.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 pm

I think Mr. Reality is going to have to explain it us...

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:19 am

dirty leeds wrote:

Bla bla bla Charlie Taylor bla bla bla Berardi bla bla bla you’re all wrong bla bla bla......

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:06 am

dirty leeds wrote:

There's lots of structure and beauty in maths, say those that can see that world. Occasionally, like in the real > complex > quaternion > octonion example, you can glimpse it as a layman.

Like the look of her though, Mrs BW better watch it.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:51 am

Blackwhite wrote:Like the look of her though, Mrs BW better watch it.

https://www.furey.space

My main interests are division algebras, Clifford algebras, Jordan algebras, and their relation to particle physics, Leeds United Football Club and the amazing guys who post on TSB

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 am

Blackwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

There's lots of structure and beauty in maths, say those that can see that world. Occasionally, like in the real > complex > quaternion > octonion example, you can glimpse it as a layman.

Like the look of her though, Mrs BW better watch it.

Yeah, makes me doubt the work is really hers tbh. The woman in your picture is prettier than that.

In my class at school we had a girl who was a proper maths genius... She entered some international maths shindig at the same time as that Iranian wot won a fields medal (https://www.mathunion.org/cdc/news-and- ... medal-dies), and actually got a higher score... In adulthood I think she ended up getting lost in some fairly tedious area of theoretical research... Anyway.... how can I put it, her standards of personal grooming certainly wouldn't have won her too many medals.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 am

TFP, if I read you right you liked her but sword in hand couldn't get through her thicket. Tragic.

Not all smart women are skanky, and that's my last on it.

(Just cos she's presentable doesn't make her a fraud, and with that I will stop white knighting her.)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:05 am

jackos wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Like the look of her though, Mrs BW better watch it.

https://www.furey.space

My main interests are division algebras, Clifford algebras, Jordan algebras, and their relation to particle physics, Leeds United Football Club and the amazing guys who post on TSB

And Canadian.

And she'd kick your ass.

Ready whenever you are, Cohl.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:56 am

Fit scientist.
She's pretty much entirely wrong about pretty much everything.
If she were a 50 year old bloke she would get no airtime, but because she's fit ...
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:21 am

Blackwhite wrote:TFP, if I read you right you liked her but sword in hand couldn't get through her thicket. Tragic...

Ha, yeah, she was naturally at least average in terms of attractiveness, almost certainly more, but did her very best to hide it using a combination of crap (bowl) haircut, ill-fitting clothes (both plainly her doing rather than the parents' since they were moderately well off & her younger sister was well turned out) masking a trim, moderately athletic, frame, awful glasses, seeming refusal to wear a proper bra despite having, by the looks of things, a respectable amount going on there :thumbd:

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:48 am

the flying pig wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:TFP, if I read you right you liked her but sword in hand couldn't get through her thicket. Tragic...

Ha, yeah, she was naturally at least average in terms of attractiveness, almost certainly more, but did her very best to hide it using a combination of crap (bowl) haircut, ill-fitting clothes (both plainly her doing rather than the parents' since they were moderately well off & her younger sister was well turned out) masking a trim, moderately athletic, frame, awful glasses, seeming refusal to wear a proper bra despite having, by the looks of things, a respectable amount going on there :thumbd:

Was she a good shag?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:51 am

I think we've determined that it was like Chewbacca after a long windswept motorway journey in a convertible, and as a result utterly impenetrable.

I mean he didn't deny it...

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:24 pm

A pleasing thought but sadly not, my 'scoring' record in that regard was always David Batty (first Leeds spell, thankfully) standard.

Return to “The Square Ball”