Medical ailments...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: Medical ailments...

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Edit:
Bollocks apparently.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Eh?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Well, loosely medical:

Glass-wearing cunts: any of you use varifocals? Had a long overdue eye test today. Basically, my distance vision is pretty solid but the close vision / reading thing has gone to shit in the last year. Where I particularly struggle is in meetings / presentations where I'm switching between papers and say a powerpoint at a distance and I'm constantly taking my current reading glasses on and off, and the optician recommended varifocals.

But I don't like the sound of the 'blurry bit' in the bottom corners which I'll apparently 'get used to'. Any experience of this?

Got my first pair of multi focals today after the two year eye test. My distance vision still OK (but no longer perfect) but the key factor was that my close vision (for reading under the nose eg supermarket labels) now quite different from intermediate reading eg computer screen). Although I can still cope with just reading glasses I figured better get used to MFs now rather than waiting till they're essential with little time to adapt. Initial impressions are that long distance feels OK and reading under the nose much better - but the intermediate for computer screens now much harder even though that worked better with the old reading glasses. Also, feels a bit dizzy when I take themselves off. Any tips?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:52 pm

After visiting GP, Just in the process of being admitted to surgical unit in hossy :(

Had a bug last weekend and three my ring up somet rotten, I've not eaten or slept really for a week now, since bug went (Monday) I can't properly as when I swallow food I get an almighty burning pain, it's not very
nice. Can't sleep for toffee as I get woken up every hour with the burning type pain. Now, I take Lansaprazole for gastric reflex (heartburn) but this takes the biscuit. Doc said we
Need to get you checked out as it might be gastritis but unlikely, as my heart rate was through the roof he sent me here.

Am I gonna die?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:58 pm

We're all dying, boobz, but at different rates. You're like the Usain Bolt of dying.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Vampire wrote:Got my first pair of multi focals today after the two year eye test. My distance vision still OK (but no longer perfect) but the key factor was that my close vision (for reading under the nose eg supermarket labels) now quite different from intermediate reading eg computer screen). Although I can still cope with just reading glasses I figured better get used to MFs now rather than waiting till they're essential with little time to adapt. Initial impressions are that long distance feels OK and reading under the nose much better - but the intermediate for computer screens now much harder even though that worked better with the old reading glasses. Also, feels a bit dizzy when I take themselves off. Any tips?

Only just seen this. Persevere, is all you can say. Your eyes will adjust - indeed, they probably already have since you wrote this. I experienced a bit of late-in-the-day tiredness too, for a while. Being in Oz, your brain is upside down, don't forget.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:08 pm

BobbyD wrote:After visiting GP, Just in the process of being admitted to surgical unit in hossy :(

Had a bug last weekend and three my ring up somet rotten, I've not eaten or slept really for a week now, since bug went (Monday) I can't properly as when I swallow food I get an almighty burning pain, it's not very
nice. Can't sleep for toffee as I get woken up every hour with the burning type pain. Now, I take Lansaprazole for gastric reflex (heartburn) but this takes the biscuit. Doc said we
Need to get you checked out as it might be gastritis but unlikely, as my heart rate was through the roof he sent me here.

Am I gonna die?

Better start the cyberkop now, mate. Tomorrow morning may be too late. Team news?

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Shit yeah, it's away and I'm not going! My turn to fuck it up

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Quick Bobby, before you die, can you tell me: Did you ever visit the British Music Experience at the 02?
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:Quick Bobby, before you die, can you tell me: Did you ever visit the British Music Experience at the 02?

:lol:

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Crikey, new guy in, was Chairman at Donny for a time, been at Bradford in some capacity and with Leeds during Ridsdale tenure. Mates with Lorimer. He was doing financial assessments.

Nice bloke

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:10 pm

BobbyD wrote:Crikey, new guy in, was Chairman at Donny for a time, been at Bradford in some capacity and with Leeds during Ridsdale tenure. Mates with Lorimer. He was doing financial assessments.

Nice bloke

None of this really happened, did it Bobby? What drugs have they been giving you this afternoon?

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:07 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
BobbyD wrote:Crikey, new guy in, was Chairman at Donny for a time, been at Bradford in some capacity and with Leeds during Ridsdale tenure. Mates with Lorimer. He was doing financial assessments.

Nice bloke

None of this really happened, did it Bobby? What drugs have they been giving you this afternoon?

I've had no drugs at all, do you think I'm fucking stupid?

However there is a sign at the end of the bed saying Do Not Resuscitate. What the fuck does that mean?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 pm

How's it going, B?

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:22 pm

dirty leeds wrote:How's it going, B?

Show a bit of patience eh, it'll come out in the inquest.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 pm

OWETB wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:How's it going, B?

Show a bit of patience eh, it'll come out in the inquest.

True enough.

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Lol.

I feel shitloads better. I have "burnt" my oesophagus. I had thought yesterday, all the times I was sick that I had raped my throats with bile. I was right! And there's nowt serious in it. So I've just eaten the first decent thing in a week. Hossy food and it was bang on.

So I was going to say change the Cyberkop thread title but I've got to for an X-ray coz my ECG scan (heart trace) popped up a concern.

Nothing to worry about apparently.

Nice knowing you lads, you might all be cunts but I love you all x

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Attention seeking cunt.

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Attention seeking cunt.

You heartless cunt. You do know I ain't gonna be able to watch the Wendies get torn a new one now don't you.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:31 pm

On the bright side, you'll be watching demonic imps pull out your colon and skip with it, so you'll not be bored.

Return to “The Square Ball”