Medical ailments...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
OWETB

Medical ailments...

Postby OWETB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Not sure who was going to start this thread, but you didn't.

How fucked are we on here.

Not quite an ailment for me, but tonight I went to get a new coat - XXL was the only cunt that fit me, and that was snug (wearing only a t-shirt) so diet city on the cards in Ossett.

LSD&2Es

Re: Medical ailments...

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 pm

OWETB wrote:Not sure who was going to start this thread, but you didn't.

How fucked are we on here.

Not quite an ailment for me, but tonight I went to get a new coat - XXL was the only cunt that fit me, and that was snug (wearing only a t-shirt) so diet city on the cards in Ossett.

That was me, Gout lasted almost 2 weeks now. Blood results tomorrow.

Seems like something fails on me about every other month at the moment.

I'm going to have to change my diet, have already started walking a lot more and getting salads for lunch in town rather than sandwiches. Cutting out coffee other than first thing and now I'm going to have to knock the beer on the head pretty much (that's the fucking gutting one). I'm even bought one of those foam rollers that were recommended on the running thread!!

Christ life's going to get boring [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 am

I hurt my neck this morning just by washing my hair. I sustained a similar injury a couple of months ago by standing up. Frustrating as I do a fair bit of fitness training without causing injury but now, in my late 30s, I can injure myself in the most trivial way.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 am

Stage 4 ckd I am going to need dialysis sooner rather than later, doc reckons I have zero chance of a transplant because you need to fit 25 criteria to have one and I don't. Also have a problem with a valve in my heart that doesn't shut properly, all this was caused by high bp that I didn't know I had had for around ten years, fucker destroyed my kidneys, so get yer sens checked regularly. Insulin dependant diabetic, gout in both feet and both knees but I take a preventive medicine for that, doesn't always work though.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:25 am

I get the feeling this is going to be a great thread. I'll get to it properly at some point but in high level summary, Ponte, I'm not as far through my 30's as you but in the last year, my body has become extremely fragile - this is what not doing fitness training and just relying on natural base levels through your 20's does.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah, erm, slightly loath to get involved in a thread like this - it's the idea of recording deterioration over time which slightly scares me. Someone reminding of this in 5 years when I'm properly fucked.

I'm a bit overweight with the usual middle age spread but I try to keep in reasonable nick - cycling 30-50 miles a week maybe. Long history of semi-undiagnosed stomach problems but I'm pretty much used to living with that.

But the last couple of years I've really started to notice stuff like how stiff I am for ten or fifteen minutes after getting out of bed of a morning: I have to warm up and stretch just to exist, never mind take exercise :pale: And so I end up making an issue of dumb stuff like making sure I get up out of a low sofa without using my hands.

It's all downhill from here.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:16 am

Played too much footy (on hard pitches) and squash (on cold courts) in my 20's without any warming up or down. I've had ops on both hips and one knee, the other knee is abour ready for the knife now.

My great Auntie who turned up her toes at the grand old age of 102 used a Polish proverb, Starosc, nie radosc which I used to translate as old age is no fun but knowing the wily old cow well she probably meant Old Age is a Cunt. God bless her soul.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 am

I've generally managed to avoid any serious injuries and ailments in my nearly 31 years to date, which makes me think I'm gonna get absolutely fucked by something pretty major in my middle years :pale:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 am

Tycipa wrote:Played too much footy (on hard pitches) and squash (on cold courts) in my 20's without any warming up or down. I've had ops on both hips and one knee, the other knee is abour ready for the knife now.

One of my brothers rowed for Great Britain as a junior international from 16-18 or so. Sports science wasn't exactly a proper thing in the 1970s, even at junior international level. Think he's 56 now and his knees are completely shot.

Serious exercise, kids, best avoid it :thumbd:

Beer Pig

Postby Beer Pig » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:27 am

I'm sufferring from cenosillicaphobia.
I gave up beer, it was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:36 am

This has all the makings of a classic thread.

About two years ago I started getting some odd symptoms- I was really hungry constantly, but I still lost loads of weight (I'm normally about 12 stone and 6" 4- therefore got nowt to lose), had the shakes, constantly wired, really hot, found it difficult to concentrate. But my son had just been born so I put it down to lack of sleep.

I eventually went to the docs and had a blood test. That same aft the docs called, ordering me to go see them immediately. I said bollocks, I'm working out of town today. They said -and these are the words- that if I didn't then a 'catastrophic event' may happen. And refused to elaborate.

So I fucking went to see them.

The doc told me it was an overractive thyroid gland. I was apparently not far from a heart attack, at 29. I'm on medication now though and it's sorted. :cheers:

It's not a long term solution though, I'll probably have to have surgery to remove the gland as it just seems to be fucked. Should be a simple do mind, and I'm otherwise, luckiliy, healthy.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:29 am

I used to play sunday league football and do a bit of running (never fast, but could cover 20-30 miles/week at my own pace) but my knees started to hurt like a bastard after I did either. Because competitive sport was out I started going to the gym, at which point I cracked a disk in my back which led to months of pain and still very easily flares up to this day. The medical solution was a slightly risky operation to fuse 2 vertebrae together or leave it and see how it gets on. At the moment I'm leaving it. As Ponte reported, I tend to find it's the little things that make my back flare up as opposed to actual lifting heavy stuff.

Once that was all back to normal - as normal as it's going to get, anyway - I moved house and rejoined another gym. This led to the peak of my physical fucked-ness as a session with a personal trainer led to something called rhabdomyolysis. I'd never heard of it before, but it's essentially where a load of shit that shouldn't leave your muscles gets out into your bloodstream and if untreated can cause complete kidney and liver failure. Besides my legs being in excruciating pain, the first I really knew of it was when I went for a piss and it was the colour of coca cola. Took myself straight to A&E and didn't get out of hospital for 5 days.

Away from the exercise related injuries I've got an intermittently dodgy stomach which I've just been to the doctors about. Probably just IBS but he's taken blood and stool samples to make sure.

Overall, I think the moral of the story is that exercise is not good for you.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:45 am

I'll way in.

30 years old. Recurrent back problems and stress related illness.

All related to being a mental health nurse. When you do your training they fail to tell you the job will eventually fuck your life up. I'm not at that stage yet but for my own health I won't be doing this job for a long time.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:54 am

Beer Pig wrote:I'm sufferring from cenosillicaphobia.

The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:47 am

Not me, but I assisted on treatment of 18 of these fuckers yesterday. Most of them in their 40's. This is simple diabetes, nothing more.. If you are not scared of getting diabetes you should be, if you think your weight doesn't matter or you'll be ok you're wrong. If you are going to sort out your diet soon, do it today. Take care TSB'ers, its not just somebody else this happens to.

Beer Pig

Postby Beer Pig » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Beer Pig wrote:I'm sufferring from cenosillicaphobia.

:mrgreen:
I gave up beer, it was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Apart from having a minor heart defect, my and my body have got away scot-free so far (I turn 29 in a few weeks). And thankfully the heart thing causes me less problems the older I get.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Cheers oheddieeddie, I was eating my fucking dinner then...
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Being diabetic my feet, eyes, are checked every three months, if you don't turn up or take your medication you are stupid, as OEE pics show.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:Cheers oheddieeddie, I was eating my fucking dinner then...

How is Farmer's Boy anyway?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”