Page 348 of 358

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 pm
by Blackwhite
dirty leeds wrote:I see the guy that Patrick Hutchinson carried to safety during one of the protests is a Millwall fan.

Image

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:10 pm
by Wakefield White

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:23 pm
by Ponte

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:59 pm
by Blackwhite

This forced the lead car in the convoy to brake suddenly causing the escorting vehicle to collide with the saloon car carrying Mr Johnson, which was making a series of U-turns at the time.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:09 pm
by Blackwhite
Ponte wrote:https://twitter.com/scotthortop/status/1273210454438010881?s=20

If one of my colleagues who had had COVID walked up to me, and stood that close with his hand on me, he'd get the sharp end. What a prick.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 pm
by Blackwhite

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:08 am
by Eddies Boots
I guess they will be renaming the Rhodes Scholar program next.

per wiki it was set up for english-speaking men only.
following his belief that
the Anglo-Saxon race was, to quote a letter of 1877, "the first race in the world". Under the reasoning that "the more of the world we inhabit the better it is for the human race", he advocated vigorous settler colonialism

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:13 am
by Quiffy
Eddies Boots wrote:I guess they will be renaming the Rhodes Scholar program next.

per wiki it was set up for english-speaking men only.
following his belief that
the Anglo-Saxon race was, to quote a letter of 1877, "the first race in the world". Under the reasoning that "the more of the world we inhabit the better it is for the human race", he advocated vigorous settler colonialism

and as a country we're still suffering from this delusion, hence brexit. It's in the national dna. there's one way to start gaining a better national mental health and that's to change the school history syllabus. this is something the govt could do straight away.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:40 am
by eric olthwaite
Quiffy wrote:and as a country we're still suffering from this delusion, hence brexit. It's in the national dna. there's one way to start gaining a better national mental health and that's to change the school history syllabus. this is something the govt could do straight away.


Well, I think the starting point would actually be to have a government which doesn’t believe in and promote this delusion.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:06 am
by Quiffy
eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:and as a country we're still suffering from this delusion, hence brexit. It's in the national dna. there's one way to start gaining a better national mental health and that's to change the school history syllabus. this is something the govt could do straight away.


Well, I think the starting point would actually be to have a government which doesn’t believe in and promote this delusion.

yeah. there is that. fair point.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:10 am
by Professor Weeto
I read somewhere that many of the exam boards do actually have good, balanced modules on colonialism in their history syllabi, but Edexcel don’t. Which is obviously a problem, as Edexcel are the most popular exam board, right? Or one of?

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:40 am
by Blackwhite
Let's chuck the homeless back into the street with no support services.

Little Robert's probably got a party donor needs to raise his income, the fucking bent cunt.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:01 am
by Quiffy
Professor Weeto wrote:I read somewhere that many of the exam boards do actually have good, balanced modules on colonialism in their history syllabi, but Edexcel don’t. Which is obviously a problem, as Edexcel are the most popular exam board, right? Or one of?

the wife says they teach colonialism lower down the years, i just seem to remember the new syllabus for history that gove shaped having a load of shite about the middle ages and less about ww2, which i know is also very relevant.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:42 am
by eric olthwaite
Quiffy wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:I read somewhere that many of the exam boards do actually have good, balanced modules on colonialism in their history syllabi, but Edexcel don’t. Which is obviously a problem, as Edexcel are the most popular exam board, right? Or one of?

the wife says they teach colonialism lower down the years, i just seem to remember the new syllabus for history that gove shaped having a load of shite about the middle ages and less about ww2, which i know is also very relevant.


It's such a challenge working out what would be important to teach kids within a limited time frame. I was watching a thing on the tellybox last night about ancient Persia, Persepolis and all that. I had fuck all knowledge, really, about such a astonishingly sophisticated civilisation long before Islam was a thing and up to the point where Alexander the Great came along and fucked them.

In a sense, it could be considered peripheral to UK history, but then I think it's part of a wider picture about understanding the idea of non-white people doing remarkably well whilst we were still grubbing around in hill forts.

I sort of think that the school history syllabus needs to be reactive to the issues in society at the time and constantly evolving, rather than thinking that there is some sort of objective 'list of most important bits'. If the key problem at the moment is racism and the stupidity of English exceptionalism, then let's focus on that for now.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:45 am
by Mustafaster
eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:I read somewhere that many of the exam boards do actually have good, balanced modules on colonialism in their history syllabi, but Edexcel don’t. Which is obviously a problem, as Edexcel are the most popular exam board, right? Or one of?

the wife says they teach colonialism lower down the years, i just seem to remember the new syllabus for history that gove shaped having a load of shite about the middle ages and less about ww2, which i know is also very relevant.


It's such a challenge working out what would be important to teach kids within a limited time frame. I was watching a thing on the tellybox last night about ancient Persia, Persepolis and all that. I had fuck all knowledge, really, about such a astonishingly sophisticated civilisation long before Islam was a thing and up to the point where Alexander the Great came along and fucked them.

In a sense, it could be considered peripheral to UK history, but then I think it's part of a wider picture about understanding the idea of non-white people doing remarkably well whilst we were still grubbing around in hill forts.

I sort of think that the school history syllabus needs to be reactive to the issues in society at the time and constantly evolving, rather than thinking that there is some sort of objective 'list of most important bits'. If the key problem at the moment is racism and the stupidity of English exceptionalism, then let's focus on that for now.

First thing is to make history obligatory at all ages and levels.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:56 am
by eric olthwaite
Mustafaster wrote:First thing is to make history obligatory at all ages and levels.


I'd be happy if it was a component part of civics - ie how society functions, why, and how we got here.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 am
by Bobbycollins
Mustafaster wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:
I sort of think that the school history syllabus needs to be reactive to the issues in society at the time and constantly evolving, rather than thinking that there is some sort of objective 'list of most important bits'. If the key problem at the moment is racism and the stupidity of English exceptionalism, then let's focus on that for now.

First thing is to make history obligatory at all ages and levels.

When I studied history to 'O' level, it was all about Kings and Queens, or the Industrial and Agricultural revolutions. I grew up believing the British were blameless innovators.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:15 am
by Blackwhite
My pet wish is that the genetic proofs of the human race's origins are taught, as this clinches so many lies ( like Rhodes's "first race" horseshit above).

Teach the mitochondrial mother arising in Africa. Teach the proven migration to the seats of first known civilization in the current ME.


And most importantly of all, TEACH THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE, HOMO SAPIENS. And that everything we call race is just ethnicity, of the kind you can observe amongst whites as you travel the British isles.

Kill the lie in its crib.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:19 am
by welshwhite
Maybe the first thing kids need to learn is how to live their lives in the future rather than the past.

Things like common courtesy, good manners and respect.
Oh, and be taught that throwing Mcdonald wrapers and Dr Pepper drink cartons out of car windows is a bit of a cunts trick. Y'know, those types of things.
We've now got a generation made up of mostly don't give a fuck selfish fuckers.

They can learn about Henry the 8th wives names a little later after first learning some basic social skills.

Re: The state of UK politics

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:01 am
by Blackwhite
Blackwhite wrote:Let's chuck the homeless back into the street with no support services.

Little Robert's probably got a party donor needs to raise his income, the fucking bent cunt.

More/same lying bent cunts.