The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:56 am

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:29 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Dumb cunts like Vampire still think solid technocrats can save politics through rational argument, but I don’t think that’s the world we live in now.

:lol:

Luv it - a political lecture from someone who couldn’t read politics worse - especially whilst being so pretentious about it.

I may be a “dumb cunt” but I’ve lost count of your misjudgements on this thread. Supported Clegg rather than Brown in 2010 “to keep the Tories out” then got a Con-Lib coalition. One of the few voters over 40 who naively believed Clegg on tuition fees (albeit typically motivated by self interest in thinking you’d save a few bucks on kids uni fees). Backed Corbyn in 2015 to move the Overton window and ended up putting hard right Conservatives in office for years. Anti Brexit yet didn’t seem to figure out the impact of Corbyn’s Euroscepticism on the outcome there. Backed all Corbyn’s doomed strategies including his “strategically correct” Brexit election policy at and his election before referendum strategy.

Jeez mate - forget Workington man - Cummins will be working on Oafwaite man eagerly waiting to see which Opposition candidate you support - and then help them win by giving them access to all his data!
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:53 pm

Fellow commies, pinkos, anarchos, sparts and trots, come one, come all: a useful guide to not voting for the blue shitweasel.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:24 pm

The only thing that should matter to the Labour Party is keeping the Tories out.
Everything else is piss and wind.
Forget about ideological purity, who's in favour of what degree of public ownership or exactly how much to put into which public services.
They have to get the Tories out.
Then they can argue about the details.
If that means the leader is not ideologically pure as the driven snow, so be it.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Mustafaster wrote:The only thing that should matter to the Labour Party is keeping the Tories out.
Forget about ideological purity, who's in favour of what degree of public ownership or exactly how much to put into which public services.
If that means the leader is not ideologically pure as the driven snow, so be it.

Yes, but the question of which of the available alternatives is most likely to get the Tories out, and by doing what, is unclear. Point is there’s a clear discrepancy between the actual popularity of Labour policies and what people do when Labour offers to deliver them.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:17 pm

Mustafaster wrote:The only thing that should matter to the Labour Party is keeping the Tories out.

Exactly why I'm looking at Nandy for the first time.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:50 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

Yes, but the question of which of the available alternatives is most likely to get the Tories out, and by doing what, is unclear. Point is there’s a clear discrepancy between the actual popularity of Labour policies and what people do when Labour offers to deliver them.

Policies need to be married with credibility.

It doesn’t take a genius (luckily) to work out that the only Labour politician to win a majority in the last 40 years was as central as possible. Should give a clue as to where the party needs to move to.

Person also needs stature and gravitas to be taken seriously.

There’s only 1 candidate it can be...or should be.

Country needs a competent opposition, now more than ever.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Priti Awful:

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:14 am

This, by Stefan Collini, is the article I've been waiting for someone to write since the election. A comprehensive and objective look at the most powerful unelected official in the country:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... servatives

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:45 am

Trubble at t'mill in the Tory party?
Senior people from the outer reaches of the far right going on the wireless openly criticising the Huawei decision, and by extension Boris...
Where the fuck is JRM?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:06 am

"收回控制权".

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 am

:-)
I like it. What is it?

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:04 am

Yep Dominic Cummings is the modern Thomas Cromwell.

He will reform politics in this country and not for the better.

Complete puppet master, hopefully he will fuck the tories over in the end. There does not seem to be a brain cell on the front bench, they just do exactly as they are told.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:52 am

Aaaaand back to not taking her seriously it is, then...

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:10 pm

I’m no fan, as I’ve often made clear, but chapeau to JC today. This is weapons grade shitehousery.

I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Saw this as I folded a Sarnie into my gob at lunch, beautifully done.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Javid, constructive dismissal?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Did that work for Javid's adviser that Cummings binned off last year?

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Cummings pissing off the Tory benches may be the petard by which he’s hoisted.

#hereshoping
I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”