The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Devi

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Devi » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:05 am

Yeboah wrote:
Devi wrote:
What microphone?

We can all cite unattributable sources, and or believe the hype we choose too. Pearson, for example, is that well known 'balanced' writer of Evening Standard, Telegraph, and Daily Heil fame. About as balanced as:

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/09/18/video- ... -his-belt/
I like it. What is it?

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:27 am

what microphone - is there one shown in that clip? not sure where it is
if I had a chance to get in a good rant at a leading pol, i would certainly turn my phone on to record it tho 8)

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:32 am

So, where's the mic?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am

Professor Weeto wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Deference to authority is wrong.....?

Lawlessness then?

Deference to authority when you believe that authority to be corrupt, unjust or incompetent is wrong, yes.

What's up? I assumed you'd wait until Leeds lost a match again before waddling back?

:mrgreen:

Chelsea lost, didn't they? That might be it.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:34 am

Ponte wrote:So, where's the mic?

There is no fucking mic, just a very very stupid cunt whanging on. On Twitter someone posted a pic of his belt to clinch it :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am

Blackwhite wrote:

There is no fucking mic, just a very very stupid cunt whanging on. On Twitter someone posted a pic of his belt to clinch it :lol:

Ah, ok. Sounds about right.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 am

Blackwhite wrote:

It doesn't matter.
The lie is out there, it becomes truth for some.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am

That Johnson video is a ripper. It’s even made the ABC

I note the “father” describes himself as a “Labour Party activist” - but nothing wrong with that. He may have had an ulterior motive but the way he pointed to the TV cameras was a superb take down of someone for who - as Mightywhite says - seems to have developed a lying reflex. That part of the vid is a bad look for Johnson and a sad reflection on modern politics. But a highly entertaining video all the same!
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Vampire wrote:That Johnson video is a ripper. It’s even made the ABC

I note the “father” describes himself as a “Labour Party activist” - but nothing wrong with that. He may have had an ulterior motive but the way he pointed to the TV cameras was a superb take down of someone for who - as Mightywhite says - seems to have developed a lying reflex. That part of the vid is a bad look for Johnson and a sad reflection on modern politics. But a highly entertaining video all the same!

I don’t know if they’ll have reached you in Oz but it’s the latest in what’s becoming a running series of similar “encounters” with the public. It’s been fun watching the ignored citizens of Morley, Wakefield, Doncaster et al get stuck into him.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
I don’t know if they’ll have reached you in Oz but it’s the latest in what’s becoming a running series of similar “encounters” with the public. It’s been fun watching the ignored citizens of Morley, Wakefield, Doncaster et al get stuck into him.

So lost his majority the minute he stood up in parliament as PM
Lost every vote in parliament
Lost a further 21 MPS
Said he was the hulk and then ran away from a handful of protestors
Made to look fucking stupid by the EU
Lies about just about everything
Is made to look both stupid and shown up as a liar every time he meets a member of the public

Could still fuck us right up by forcing a no deal brexit
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:23 pm

SimonB wrote:
Lost a further 21 MPS
Is made to look both stupid and shown up as a liar every time he meets a member of the public

And despite all that - not to mention the total shambles of his predecessor - the official opposition is still 10 points behind in the polls. Jeez those who elected Corbyn in 2015 have a lot to answer for. As a decent, one nation Tory, Si - you’d vote for a moderate pro Remain Labour Leader right now wouldn’t you?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:

Seen some of them on here. I found the hospital one more amusing (but also sadder) because of the reflex lie and its brilliant exploitation by the father. Not sure how old you are Professor but I remember a time when a senior politician caught out lying was a big deal - so to see it as just a reflex is sad and funny at the same time.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

I'm 34. The time you're talking about was only a few years ago!

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Vampire wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:

Seen some of them on here. I found the hospital one more amusing (but also sadder) because of the reflex lie and its brilliant exploitation by the father. Not sure how old you are Professor but I remember a time when a senior politician caught out lying was a big deal - so to see it as just a reflex is sad and funny at the same time.

It’s the sheer pointless desperation of the lie that’s so damning. It’s like a toddler with chocolate around their mouth claiming not to have eaten the kit kats. In fact it’s less sophisticated than that. He’s becoming a living example of why it’s better to be quiet and thought a fool.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Vampire wrote:
And despite all that - not to mention the total shambles of his predecessor - the official opposition is still 10 points behind in the polls. Jeez those who elected Corbyn in 2015 have a lot to answer for. As a decent, one nation Tory, Si - you’d vote for a moderate pro Remain Labour Leader right now wouldn’t you?

I will vote for a remain candidate who is most likely to win, not sure it will make any difference in my constituency mind so yes I would vote for labour in these circumstances for the first time ever
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Vampire wrote:
SimonB wrote:
Lost a further 21 MPS

Not all of this is down to whoever the opposition leader is though Vamps - there is a sizeable proportion of the electorate who would vote for the Tories no matter who is in charge - and besides as we've seen polls don't always mean anything:
This might be 40 years old but these days the series is looking more like a documentary than fiction

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Vamps 'Labour should commit to Remain' argument is utter bollocks (once again).

Suppose Labour did just that and there was a GE. The only possible result would be a massive Tory majority, possibly with some BXP seats, as Leavers abandon Lab / Lib Dems and the Remain vote splits. Hey presto, insta No Deal and further privatisation of everything.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:42 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Vamps 'Labour should commit to Remain' argument is utter bollocks (once again).

Suppose Labour did just that and there was a GE. The only possible result would be a massive Tory majority, possibly with some BXP seats, as Leavers abandon Lab / Lib Dems and the Remain vote splits. Hey presto, insta No Deal and further privatisation of everything.

He's a pretend economist, and Australian, and a cunt. OF COURSE that's what he wants. Then he can blame Corbyn, the thick fuckknuckle.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 pm

London_White wrote:Not all of this is down to whoever the opposition leader is though Vamps - there is a sizeable proportion of the electorate who would vote for the Tories no matter who is in charge - and besides as we've seen polls don't always mean anything:
This might be 40 years old but these days the series is looking more like a documentary than fiction

Nice clip, LW. But it’s not just the polls. Real elections earlier this year were a total disaster for the an Opposition Party facing a shambolic mid term Government - and largely down to Remain voters fed up with Corbyn refusing to back Remain.

Return to “The Square Ball”