The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Ponte » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:18 pm

Part of me hopes we do end up with no deal, let’s see the shitstorm unfold.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:45 pm

Ponte wrote:Part of me hopes we do end up with no deal, let’s see the shitstorm unfold.

I know what you mean but the full range of possibilities includes some proper ugly fuckers.

London_White

Postby London_White » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Ponte wrote:Part of me hopes we do end up with no deal, let’s see the shitstorm unfold.

Pretty much where I'm headed too.
Given up any hope of a 2nd vote or revoking A50, let's let it play out, watch Scotland agitate for independence again, and watch our foreign owned industries scale back UK based production and move it into the EU once we're out the way.
Working in the UK cash wholesale game we've run through a lot of scenarios in the last two years, none look very good, although we are predicting that we'll be busy as credit may well be harder to come by.

Pregnant Neck

Postby Pregnant Neck » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Needs doing. The thick cunts who want the no deal won't be convinced that they are the ones who are gonna be fucked squarely up the arse by the rich and privileged until they have been and their life has been fucked.

Sadly it is going to fuck many others but these cunts cannot understand primary economics, politics or any sort of social skills

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Sorry, not standing by watching the bus driver take the cliff if we're talking preferred options.

No amount of being right is worth that kind of collective damage.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:38 am

Pregnant Neck wrote:Needs doing. The thick cunts who want the no deal won't be convinced that they are the ones who are gonna be fucked squarely up the arse by the rich and privileged until they have been and their life has been fucked.

Not even then. You're talking about people who have spent their lives pointing their fingers and telling each other its someone else's fault, they will still blame the EU after the UK doesn't immediately turn into Shangri-La on the 1st November.

To be honest I am not convinced the exit folks are not a least partially correct, it definitely wont be anything like as bad as some folks are trying to make out. The EU already has plans to make sure trade continues to work immediately after the UK exits, and the Germans will ALWAYS do a last minute deal. They are tough negotiators, but they virtually never walk away without some sort of compromise, signed at 5AM in the last day of the deadline is 6.

Hard one to resolve is still Ireland, always will be.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:11 am

A friend who is one of those settled forrins asked me if I thought these madmen would actually be willing to break up the Union to get No Deal, or if it was all just a bluff.

It started me thinking about what this meant for Conservatism if they weren't bluffing: de facto, Conservatism is dead then, right? What's left instead: English nationalism? Disaster capitalism? They're gonna need a new name for that, right?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:19 am

Minor side guff on this JRM pseudo-educated shit: any fule kno that it’s not ‘the Magna Carta’; it’s only ever ‘Magna Carta’

Guess which form Walter uses repeatedly in speeches in the House?

Bob

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Oh dear. Violence in the British prison system is awful. Muslamics v English...

Those poor chaps answering the phones :lol:

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:13 pm

I see JRM has published a style guide for his staff, in which he has prohibited the use of commas with the word "and", and so, with a single stroke of the quill, has abolished the subordinate clause.
I shall pierce his heart ... with his own shinbone.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Mustafaster wrote:I see JRM has published a style guide for his staff, in which he has prohibited the use of commas with the word "and", and so, with a single stroke of the quill, has abolished the subordinate clause.
I shall pierce his heart ... with his own shinbone.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:10 pm

Yep, my hatred of him went through the roof when I read his so-called 'style' guide. Wouldn't want the cunt writing for me.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Have to confess I'm veering wildly between "oh fuck" and "bring it, it's gonna be fucking hilarious" with little middle ground. Slightly tiring.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:33 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Yep, my hatred of him went through the roof when I read his so-called 'style' guide. Wouldn't want the cunt writing for me.

Read various people saying the whole thing is classic misdirection - just take your eyes off their politics for a bit.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm

The fact that our Home Sec until recently professed admiration for casual punishment fills me with nausea.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:29 am

Blackwhite wrote:The fact that our Home Sec until recently professed admiration for casual punishment fills me with nausea.

This made me LOL. Visions of a dad clipping his son round the ear without lifting his eyes from his copy of Auto Trader
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:17 am

MightyWhite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:The fact that our Home Sec until recently professed admiration for casual punishment fills me with nausea.

This made me LOL. Visions of a dad clipping his son round the ear without lifting his eyes from his copy of Auto Trader

Ha, fudging phone.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:39 am

Just reading on Twitter that, according to an online exchange between Matthew Parris and Brexit guru Cummings a few years back, the latter was previously a strong proponent of a two-referendum approach to Brexit - the first on whether or not to leave, in principle; the second on whether or not any subsequent deal agreed by the Govt was acceptable and we should go ahead with it.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:35 am

I saw something else saying that the first time there was any mention of no deal or leaving without a deal was c. October ‘16.

Every single one of these mendacious bastards is making this shit up as they go along, in accordance with what they think they can get away with in the next ten minutes.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:15 pm

The original referendum question made no reference to a deal.

Return to “The Square Ball”