The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 am

dirty leeds wrote:On top of which, he's very happy for the hedge fund investing firm he helps to support [and from which he makes much of his money] to fuck off to Dublin in order to get round his precious Brexit (see Private Eye). Who gives a fuck whether you've met him? Actually your verdict there prob just shows you're a poor judge of character.


There's obviously the counter argument.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 am

Yeboah wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:On top of which, he's very happy for the hedge fund investing firm he helps to support [and from which he makes much of his money] to fuck off to Dublin in order to get round his precious Brexit (see Private Eye). Who gives a fuck whether you've met him? Actually your verdict there prob just shows you're a poor judge of character.


There's obviously the counter argument.


Hah! Yeah, the counter argument to whether he should be investing in/supporting/being a major part of/making millions out of a hedge fund firm that is now toddling off to Dublin to avoid Brexit problems, while at the same time he promotes a harder Brexit for the rest of us? How about dealing with that point? You don't have to meet the cunt to know what he is.
Vote Tory do you?

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:On top of which, he's very happy for the hedge fund investing firm he helps to support [and from which he makes much of his money] to fuck off to Dublin in order to get round his precious Brexit (see Private Eye). Who gives a fuck whether you've met him? Actually your verdict there prob just shows you're a poor judge of character.


There's obviously the counter argument.


Hah! Yeah, the counter argument to whether he should be investing in/supporting/being a major part of/making millions out of a hedge fund firm that is now toddling off to Dublin to avoid Brexit problems, while at the same time he promotes a harder Brexit for the rest of us? How about dealing with that point? You don't have to meet the cunt to know what he is.
Vote Tory do you?


He gave his reasons to the Independent as far as I can tell.

Not always vote Tory, but never vote Labour.

Shared misery is still misery.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am

Yeboah wrote:He gave his reasons to the Independent as far as I can tell.


Yeah, he said it had nothing to do with Brexit, while at the same the very fucking prospectus for the fund, directly addressing the risks of Brexit, said:
“During, and possibly after, this period there is likely to be considerable uncertainty as to the position of the UK and the arrangements which will apply to its relationships with the EU. As the firm is based in the UK and a fund’s investments may be located in the UK or the EU, a fund may as a result be affected by the events described above.”
Ergo, they set one up in Ireland.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:15 am

The Cunt sits down to eat with folks who want to repatriate all black immigrants and their children. He's being promoted by Bannon. He's willing to damn the country to a hellish recession or worse just to make money on the back end by taking financial positions from which he can profit in classic disaster capitalist style.

If your taste in politics is fine with all that then you deserve what you're walking into.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Vampire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:30 am

Blackwhite wrote:The Cunt sits down to eat with folks who want to repatriate all black immigrants and their children.


Good to see you’re so concerned about the plight of innocent children.......

Blackwhite wrote:You really are a very thick cunt even for an Australian, Brett. How's that violent Crystal meth epidemic going, cuntface? Your kids had a taste yet?


Hypocrite!
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 am

dirty leeds wrote:Yeah, he said it had nothing to do with Brexit, while at the same the very fucking prospectus for the fund, directly addressing the risks of Brexit, said:
“During, and possibly after, this period there is likely to be considerable uncertainty as to the position of the UK and the arrangements which will apply to its relationships with the EU. As the firm is based in the UK and a fund’s investments may be located in the UK or the EU, a fund may as a result be affected by the events described above.”
.


Well even the most ardent exiters, those who actually believe that it is in the loooong term interests of the country rather that the 'Rule Britannia' crowd, have admitted that they believe it will take 30 years before you see any benefits. So it does make sense to move your edge fund even if you're an exiter. One has to protect ones legacy and ensure ones great grandkids have the readies to take advantage of the economic disaster one has worked so hard to deliver.

Itll be great, his grandkids can reopen the mines, jist like Poldark - that sexy bloke on t'telly.

Dublin White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 am
Location: Sydney

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Dublin White » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 am

Fintan O’Toole: Brexit White Paper puts the UK on a road to nowhere
via The Irish Times
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fint ... -1.3566782

Thought this was interesting, particularly as this was a time the UK actually made things.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:34 am

Dublin White wrote:Fintan O’Toole: Brexit White Paper puts the UK on a road to nowhere
via The Irish Times
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fint ... -1.3566782

Thought this was interesting, particularly as this was a time the UK actually made things.

Read a few good things from him lately. Cheers.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm

So who were the four Labour MPs who saved May from a potential vote of no confidence tonight?

My grandad was from Leeds
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby My grandad was from Leeds » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:17 pm

jackos wrote:So who were the four Labour MPs who saved May from a potential vote of no confidence tonight?

Mann, Field, Hoey and Stringer.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

My grandad was from Leeds wrote:Mann, Field, Hoey and Stringer.


Unforgivable. Scabs.

JohnGiles
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby JohnGiles » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 pm

jackos wrote:
My grandad was from Leeds wrote:Mann, Field, Hoey and Stringer.


Unforgivable. Scabs.


Neanderthal

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:24 pm

This thing about the Tories breaking paired votes is staggering. Not even the slightest pretence of respect for parliamentary democracy.

User avatar
FredFlintstone
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: West Park, Leeds

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby FredFlintstone » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 pm

jackos wrote:
My grandad was from Leeds wrote:Mann, Field, Hoey and Stringer.


Unforgivable. Scabs.


Unthinkable and crazy. A chance to leave May hanging in the breeze and they prop her up.... :scratch:

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:24 am

Blackwhite wrote:Amazing. Rees-Mogg is the Prime Minister.



Anna Soubry now agrees with you:
"I've no doubt that Jacob Rees Mogg is running our country."

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Vampire » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:07 am

FredFlintstone wrote:
jackos wrote:
My grandad was from Leeds wrote:Mann, Field, Hoey and Stringer.


Unforgivable. Scabs.


Unthinkable and crazy. A chance to leave May hanging in the breeze and they prop her up.... :scratch:


Well, they weren’t the only ones......

Lib Dem Leadership misses knife edge vote on Customs Union because Chief Whip advised them it would be lost by hundreds of votes

:lol:
Do all the UK political parties provide some sort of reverse intelligence test or something when selecting their Parliamentary Candidates?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am

Am I the only one to have noticed that the normally voluble JRM, who is normally all over the media like a rash when Brexit is mentioned, has gone oddly silent.
Perhaps he's feeling a bit under the weather?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 am

Vampire wrote:
FredFlintstone wrote:
:lol:
Do all the UK political parties provide some sort of reverse intelligence test or something when selecting their Parliamentary Candidates?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry your pretty little head, Grasshopper, they can quote Cicero and construct the genitive case in Latin.
All is well.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Arnieb
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Arnieb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 am

Mustafaster wrote:Am I the only one to have noticed that the normally voluble JRM, who is normally all over the media like a rash when Brexit is mentioned, has gone oddly silent.
Perhaps he's feeling a bit under the weather?


Part of the deal on Monday for the govt siding with the ERG was that moggy kept his head down for a few days. Basically moggy is our de facto PM as he is the one person may is scared of.

I had a massive argument with the headteacher at my son's school and I realised half way through that the woman wasn't in control of the situation at all and that there was a contest for details facto head between me and another parent. This is may


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Mustafaster and 8 guests