The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Vampire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
jackos wrote:BWs mistake was reacting to a tweet from today that was purposely provocative.....


Ah, I guess she's pulling herself off about the picture date then, rather than wondering if the events are actually happening... Figures.


Why don’t you just have the grace to admit you got it wrong and made an arse of yourself again?

You posted on here an inflammatory tweet alleging that “yesterday.... members of the #DUP - the terrorist party propping up @theresa_may's corrupt government” were engaging in violence including “burning cars” “‘kill catholics’ symbols” and “shooting at Police.”

It was then pointed out to you that the tweet was based on a 2015 photo and there’s no evidence of any DUP involvement.

And now you say your post was justified because there has been violence in NI in recent days by dissident and extremist groups on both sides. How the fuck does that justify your original false allegations against the “DUP Members propping up May’s Government” based on a 2015 photo?

Like so many partisan keyboard warriors you spend your time trawling the internet for echo chamber sites that re-enforce your own prejudices. You believe what you want to believe and are incapable of any critical or objective evaluation. That’s why once again, you have egg on your face.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Is she still going?

*opens, reads*


Oh FFS you dumb cunt, you still don't read so good do you... Try again, you're howling at the moon. DUP went to talk to their idiots, no doubt SF talked to theirs. And the UK govt stands by with the petrol can.



You really are a very thick cunt even for an Australian, Brett. How's that violent Crystal meth epidemic going, cuntface? Your kids had a taste yet?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Vampire » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:32 am

Blackwhite wrote:Oh FFS you dumb cunt, you still don't read so good do you... Try again, you're howling at the moon. DUP went to talk to their idiots, no doubt SF talked to theirs. And the UK govt stands by with the petrol can.


Oh go on, do please explain why you think “the DUP members propping up May’s Government” have been engaging in the recent violence by minority and dissident groups on both sides (including dissident Republicans attacking Jerry Adams’ house)?

Any evidence (apart from photos taken in 2015 :lol: )?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby OWETB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 am


User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:25 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Amazing. Rees-Mogg is the Prime Minister.


I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Amazing. Rees-Mogg is the Prime Minister.


I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.

I'm sure he is. The only problem I have with him is his politics, hypocrisy and general wish to lead us into life as an offshore tax haven run by crypto-fascists, or, if things really do well, ACTUAL fascists. And that'll be fun, I feel I've let my grandad down thus far in life, and I'm getting on, so let's get to it...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Son of Leeds
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Son of Leeds » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:25 pm

I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.


No, he's not. He's one of those toffs who seem clever because he can quote a bit of latin an can follow the style of a syllogism rather than constructing substantial statements. This is the man who argued that leaving the EU would lead to more free trade which would make poorer people wealthier, and who is now arguing for a Brexit valued because it leaves a 'failed economic model', though that model is one of free trade. He can't even agree with himself. Neither has he shown why an economy that is growing faster than ours, in which wages are growing higher than inflation when ours are not, and which is dominated by creditor nations whereas Britain is a debtor nation with an increasing trade deficit despite a weakened pound,is a ''failed economic model' - itself a cliché. He has argued against abortion on the grounds of his Catholic faith, a sign of someone who puts first principles, however dubious, ahead of evidence. (Do you include embryos of babies as a result of rape?) He has characterised Trump as 'a very polite man.' Ha. He belongs to that new generation among politicians who argue from ill-defined definitions without confronting evidence; Brexit is about 'sovereignty', 'the will of the people', 'Britain's place on the world' - none of these things made precise in definition by example. Like Johnson, he is the son of a distinguished and privileged man, who started his career in journalism and is only comfortable with attention[seeking generalisation, so never deals in the details of policy. It doesn't interest him, because it's not newsworthy and he's too removed from what those consequences mean to the groups of unexceptional people who make up the country's demographic. Like all the leading Brexiteers, with the possible exception of Boris, his cause has given him a prominence in a content-free political cause without which he would have remained a nonentity, or, at least, an amusing English eccentric.

In parliament the day the result was announced, he made a characteristic intervention. He trusted, with typical superciliousness, that the Remain supporters would take the defeat as graciously as Leavers would have taken it had they lost. To say that the morning after the evening Farage led a gloating and vulgar mockery of the EU parliament, when police were reporting a sudden spike in hate crimes, takes a Trumpian level of self-regard and failure of awareness.

In brief, he is a charlatan.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Amazing. Rees-Mogg is the Prime Minister.


I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.

Of course he's articulate. That's what they do at Eton. They teach people to be superficially articulate and convincing.
So what?
He's a cynical, manipulative charade.
I remember my first day at Uni, we had a reception for all the new students, drinks and nibbles... It was a pretty small department, only about 50 of us.
I was gobsmacked to discover that about 80% had been to private schools, one even had a title.
I'd never met anyone from a private school before and was impressed at how well they all spoke, how articulate they were.
It took me about 6 months to click that they were no smarter than me. They just had this veneer of intelligence that the private schools impart..
A lecturer explained it perfectly. They are educated beyond their intelligence.
The fact that you can decline a Latin verb and quote Cicero does not mean you're intelligent.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Devi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:
I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.


No, he's not. He's one of those toffs who seem clever because he can quote a bit of latin an can follow the style of a syllogism rather than constructing substantial statements. This is the man who argued that leaving the EU would lead to more free trade which would make poorer people wealthier, and who is now arguing for a Brexit valued because it leaves a 'failed economic model', though that model is one of free trade. He can't even agree with himself. Neither has he shown why an economy that is growing faster than ours, in which wages are growing higher than inflation when ours are not, and which is dominated by creditor nations whereas Britain is a debtor nation with an increasing trade deficit despite a weakened pound,is a ''failed economic model' - itself a cliché. He has argued against abortion on the grounds of his Catholic faith, a sign of someone who puts first principles, however dubious, ahead of evidence. (Do you include embryos of babies as a result of rape?) He has characterised Trump as 'a very polite man.' Ha. He belongs to that new generation among politicians who argue from ill-defined definitions without confronting evidence; Brexit is about 'sovereignty', 'the will of the people', 'Britain's place on the world' - none of these things made precise in definition by example. Like Johnson, he is the son of a distinguished and privileged man, who started his career in journalism and is only comfortable with attention[seeking generalisation, so never deals in the details of policy. It doesn't interest him, because it's not newsworthy and he's too removed from what those consequences mean to the groups of unexceptional people who make up the country's demographic. Like all the leading Brexiteers, with the possible exception of Boris, his cause has given him a prominence in a content-free political cause without which he would have remained a nonentity, or, at least, an amusing English eccentric.

In parliament the day the result was announced, he made a characteristic intervention. He trusted, with typical superciliousness, that the Remain supporters would take the defeat as graciously as Leavers would have taken it had they lost. To say that the morning after the evening Farage led a gloating and vulgar mockery of the EU parliament, when police were reporting a sudden spike in hate crimes, takes a Trumpian level of self-regard and failure of awareness.

In brief, he is a charlatan.


:salute:
I like it. What is it?

Phatphil65
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Phatphil65 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Amazing. Rees-Mogg is the Prime Minister.


I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.

I'm sure he is. The only problem I have with him is his politics, hypocrisy and general wish to lead us into life as an offshore tax haven run by crypto-fascists, or, if things really do well, ACTUAL fascists. And that'll be fun, I feel I've let my grandad down thus far in life, and I'm getting on, so let's get to it...


This.

Phatphil65
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Phatphil65 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:
I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.


No, he's not. He's one of those toffs who seem clever because he can quote a bit of latin an can follow the style of a syllogism rather than constructing substantial statements. This is the man who argued that leaving the EU would lead to more free trade which would make poorer people wealthier, and who is now arguing for a Brexit valued because it leaves a 'failed economic model', though that model is one of free trade. He can't even agree with himself. Neither has he shown why an economy that is growing faster than ours, in which wages are growing higher than inflation when ours are not, and which is dominated by creditor nations whereas Britain is a debtor nation with an increasing trade deficit despite a weakened pound,is a ''failed economic model' - itself a cliché. He has argued against abortion on the grounds of his Catholic faith, a sign of someone who puts first principles, however dubious, ahead of evidence. (Do you include embryos of babies as a result of rape?) He has characterised Trump as 'a very polite man.' Ha. He belongs to that new generation among politicians who argue from ill-defined definitions without confronting evidence; Brexit is about 'sovereignty', 'the will of the people', 'Britain's place on the world' - none of these things made precise in definition by example. Like Johnson, he is the son of a distinguished and privileged man, who started his career in journalism and is only comfortable with attention[seeking generalisation, so never deals in the details of policy. It doesn't interest him, because it's not newsworthy and he's too removed from what those consequences mean to the groups of unexceptional people who make up the country's demographic. Like all the leading Brexiteers, with the possible exception of Boris, his cause has given him a prominence in a content-free political cause without which he would have remained a nonentity, or, at least, an amusing English eccentric.

In parliament the day the result was announced, he made a characteristic intervention. He trusted, with typical superciliousness, that the Remain supporters would take the defeat as graciously as Leavers would have taken it had they lost. To say that the morning after the evening Farage led a gloating and vulgar mockery of the EU parliament, when police were reporting a sudden spike in hate crimes, takes a Trumpian level of self-regard and failure of awareness.

In brief, he is a charlatan.


This too.

Phatphil65
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Phatphil65 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Amazing. Rees-Mogg is the Prime Minister.


I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.

Of course he's articulate. That's what they do at Eton. They teach people to be superficially articulate and convincing.
So what?
He's a cynical, manipulative charade.
I remember my first day at Uni, we had a reception for all the new students, drinks and nibbles... It was a pretty small department, only about 50 of us.
I was gobsmacked to discover that about 80% had been to private schools, one even had a title.
I'd never met anyone from a private school before and was impressed at how well they all spoke, how articulate they were.
It took me about 6 months to click that they were no smarter than me. They just had this veneer of intelligence that the private schools impart..
A lecturer explained it perfectly. They are educated beyond their intelligence.
The fact that you can decline a Latin verb and quote Cicero does not mean you're intelligent.


Plus, of course, this as well.

Phatphil65
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Phatphil65 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Rees-Mogg is an inbred, dangerous rabble rouser , who if ever in power, will become this century's Oswald Mosley. Once he has stirred the shit pot, he will wriggle away in a Chaplinesque post scrap manner to live off his trust fund and chuckle to himself. Slopey shouldered, responsibility shirking cunt of the highest (lowest?) order.

Phatphil65
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Phatphil65 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Rees-Mogg is an inbred, dangerous rabble rouser , who if ever in power, will become this century's Oswald Mosley. Once he has stirred the shit pot, he will wriggle away in a Chaplinesque post scrap manner to live off his trust fund and chuckle to himself. Slopey shouldered, responsibility shirking cunt of the highest (lowest?) order.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:
I've had the good fortune to meet him, he's an incredibly intelligent, articulate and erudite speaker.


No, he's not. He's one of those toffs who seem clever because he can quote a bit of latin an can follow the style of a syllogism rather than constructing substantial statements. This is the man who argued that leaving the EU would lead to more free trade which would make poorer people wealthier, and who is now arguing for a Brexit valued because it leaves a 'failed economic model', though that model is one of free trade. He can't even agree with himself. Neither has he shown why an economy that is growing faster than ours, in which wages are growing higher than inflation when ours are not, and which is dominated by creditor nations whereas Britain is a debtor nation with an increasing trade deficit despite a weakened pound,is a ''failed economic model' - itself a cliché. He has argued against abortion on the grounds of his Catholic faith, a sign of someone who puts first principles, however dubious, ahead of evidence. (Do you include embryos of babies as a result of rape?) He has characterised Trump as 'a very polite man.' Ha. He belongs to that new generation among politicians who argue from ill-defined definitions without confronting evidence; Brexit is about 'sovereignty', 'the will of the people', 'Britain's place on the world' - none of these things made precise in definition by example. Like Johnson, he is the son of a distinguished and privileged man, who started his career in journalism and is only comfortable with attention[seeking generalisation, so never deals in the details of policy. It doesn't interest him, because it's not newsworthy and he's too removed from what those consequences mean to the groups of unexceptional people who make up the country's demographic. Like all the leading Brexiteers, with the possible exception of Boris, his cause has given him a prominence in a content-free political cause without which he would have remained a nonentity, or, at least, an amusing English eccentric.

In parliament the day the result was announced, he made a characteristic intervention. He trusted, with typical superciliousness, that the Remain supporters would take the defeat as graciously as Leavers would have taken it had they lost. To say that the morning after the evening Farage led a gloating and vulgar mockery of the EU parliament, when police were reporting a sudden spike in hate crimes, takes a Trumpian level of self-regard and failure of awareness.

In brief, he is a charlatan.


Like I said I’ve met him....

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:18 am

If we're recapping our positions, I think we understand that but feel he's an utter cunt.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 am

On top of which, he's very happy for the hedge fund investing firm he helps to support [and from which he makes much of his money] to fuck off to Dublin in order to get round his precious Brexit (see Private Eye). Who gives a fuck whether you've met him? Actually your verdict there prob just shows you're a poor judge of character.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 am

David Lloyd George: “I have never met a happier people than the Germans and Hitler is one of the greatest men. The old trust him; the young idolise him. It is the worship of a national hero who has saved his country.” (Daily Express, September 17, 1936)

Winston Churchill: “If our country were defeated I should hope we should find a champion as indomitable to restore our courage and lead us back to our place among the nations.” (Step By Step, p. 143)

Winston Churchill: “In fifteen years that have followed this resolve, he has succeeded in restoring Germany to the most powerful position in Europe, and not only has he restored the position of his country, but he has even, to a very great extent, reversed the results of the Great War…. The vanquished are in the process of becoming the victors and the victors the vanquished…. Whatever else might be thought about these exploits they are certainly among the most remarkable in the whole history of the world.” (1935)

Theodor Heuss: “He moved souls, the will to sacrifice, and great devotion, enthralling and enthusiastically inspiring everyone by his appearance.”

Daily Mail: “He succeeded in ascending to the highest power-position in Germany with very little spilling of blood or loss of human life in a land of 68 million inhabitants. Austria was annexed without one shot being fired.” (May 20, 1938)

The Observer: “Last May, I returned, bringing my family for another sojourn, after two years spent in other European countries. I found a Germany which has advanced miraculously from the point of 1933. I found political solidarity, a wholesome tone in the life of city dweller and country dweller alike. I found living costs materially reduced and an unmistakable optimism on every hand. In every quarter I found the same answer to my questioning: Profound belief in the genius of the Leader, love and admiration for him as an individual. My observations have covered a wide range of social classification. I have talked with the humblest type of labourers, with merchants, professional men. I have yet to discover a dissenting voice to the question of loyalty to the Fuehrer. My two young daughters are attending German public schools and are receiving an education which in thoroughness could be equalled in few countries.” (John L. Garvin)

George Bernard Shaw: “It was evident that Germany needed only a resolute and clear-headed leader to denounce the Treaty; declare her determination to assert her full equality with the Powers, and refuse to be disarmed, plundered and chastised under the pretext of reparations and ‘war guilt’, to rally to him every living soul whose native language was German, and at the same time take a great step towards peace in Europe by proving that neither France nor England nor the United States dare outrage humanity by attempting military occupation of her territory on the model of the old partitions of Poland; in short, that instead of Europe being plunged into war she would be dragged back from the brink of it by Germany.… Herr Hitler seized the hour and said the word, and France and England immediately climbed down, preserving their dignity by lecturing the Chancellor solemnly on his naughty behaviour as they descended.… Mr. Vernon Bartlett was soundly berated by the Foreign Office for imploring all lovers of peace to believe in the perfect sincerity of Herr Hitler’s assurance that a free Germany would be a peaceful Germany, but 95% of the listeners who wrote to him wanted to have him appointed Foreign Secretary. When I said that Herr Hitler’s action was right and inevitable, the storm of abuse that was about to bust on me was suddenly checked by Mr. Lloyd George saying exactly the same thing.... Europe breathed again. The beginnings of a British popularity set in for Herr Hitler as they had set in years before for Signor Mussolini, in spite of all the liberal protests, and it only remains to watch the results of the forthcoming general election in Germany, in which it is inconceivable that a single vote should be cast against him, even by the angriest German Jew or German Communist.” (The Observer, November 5th, 1933)


I mean, there's more obviously, but you get my drift... Couldn't decline Latin verbs or recite Homer in ancient Greek for shit though.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Vampire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 am

Blackwhite wrote:
David Lloyd George: “I have never met a happier people than the Germans and Hitler is one of the greatest men. The old trust him; the young idolise him. It is the worship of a national hero who has saved his country.” (Daily Express, September 17, 1936)

Winston Churchill: “If our country were defeated I should hope we should find a champion as indomitable to restore our courage and lead us back to our place among the nations.” (Step By Step, p. 143)

Winston Churchill: “In fifteen years that have followed this resolve, he has succeeded in restoring Germany to the most powerful position in Europe, and not only has he restored the position of his country, but he has even, to a very great extent, reversed the results of the Great War…. The vanquished are in the process of becoming the victors and the victors the vanquished…. Whatever else might be thought about these exploits they are certainly among the most remarkable in the whole history of the world.” (1935)

Theodor Heuss: “He moved souls, the will to sacrifice, and great devotion, enthralling and enthusiastically inspiring everyone by his appearance.”

Daily Mail: “He succeeded in ascending to the highest power-position in Germany with very little spilling of blood or loss of human life in a land of 68 million inhabitants. Austria was annexed without one shot being fired.” (May 20, 1938)

The Observer: “Last May, I returned, bringing my family for another sojourn, after two years spent in other European countries. I found a Germany which has advanced miraculously from the point of 1933. I found political solidarity, a wholesome tone in the life of city dweller and country dweller alike. I found living costs materially reduced and an unmistakable optimism on every hand. In every quarter I found the same answer to my questioning: Profound belief in the genius of the Leader, love and admiration for him as an individual. My observations have covered a wide range of social classification. I have talked with the humblest type of labourers, with merchants, professional men. I have yet to discover a dissenting voice to the question of loyalty to the Fuehrer. My two young daughters are attending German public schools and are receiving an education which in thoroughness could be equalled in few countries.” (John L. Garvin)

George Bernard Shaw: “It was evident that Germany needed only a resolute and clear-headed leader to denounce the Treaty; declare her determination to assert her full equality with the Powers, and refuse to be disarmed, plundered and chastised under the pretext of reparations and ‘war guilt’, to rally to him every living soul whose native language was German, and at the same time take a great step towards peace in Europe by proving that neither France nor England nor the United States dare outrage humanity by attempting military occupation of her territory on the model of the old partitions of Poland; in short, that instead of Europe being plunged into war she would be dragged back from the brink of it by Germany.… Herr Hitler seized the hour and said the word, and France and England immediately climbed down, preserving their dignity by lecturing the Chancellor solemnly on his naughty behaviour as they descended.… Mr. Vernon Bartlett was soundly berated by the Foreign Office for imploring all lovers of peace to believe in the perfect sincerity of Herr Hitler’s assurance that a free Germany would be a peaceful Germany, but 95% of the listeners who wrote to him wanted to have him appointed Foreign Secretary. When I said that Herr Hitler’s action was right and inevitable, the storm of abuse that was about to bust on me was suddenly checked by Mr. Lloyd George saying exactly the same thing.... Europe breathed again. The beginnings of a British popularity set in for Herr Hitler as they had set in years before for Signor Mussolini, in spite of all the liberal protests, and it only remains to watch the results of the forthcoming general election in Germany, in which it is inconceivable that a single vote should be cast against him, even by the angriest German Jew or German Communist.” (The Observer, November 5th, 1933)


I mean, there's more obviously, but you get my drift... Couldn't decline Latin verbs or recite Homer in ancient Greek for shit though.


Godwin’s Law! :lol:

A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfieted the argument.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests