The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Priti Patel, a minister of Her Majesty’s government on Twitter:

This is no longer an argument about whether Brexit was a good idea but is about democracy & standing by the democratic decision made by the people. The public want to know that their political leaders will stay true to the promise made to them that Brexit means Brexit.

“We’re fucked and we know it was a disaster, but disaster is the will of the people so we’re going through with it.”

It's got to the point where Brexit is a religious cult. They believe it because they believe it, no matter the evidence.
Everything and anything with the word European in it is the work of Satan.
They have their high priests in the ERG.
They have their liturgies and holy mantras that are repeated endlessly.
Brexit means Brexit. The Will of The People.
Anyone who disagrees is a quisling, traitor apostate..
They've lost all contact with rationality
A cult.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 am

What an incredible statement that is.

Should be plastered somewhere highly visible to the general public. The side of a bus maybe?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 am

The will of the people really gets on my tits. Nearly half that voted, voted to stay in. It's the will of slightly over half of the people that voted.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:10 am

Oh, come on, Ponte, we all know what the will of the people is. The People decided about Brexit and so their will must be respected. As Robespierre said, The people are always right. I know there are people who will be eligible to vote in March 2019 who were too young in 2016 - about a million - but, let's be honest, they're not really people in the sense that people means people. And don't give me all that, Leave can't agree stuff. I mean, if you voted Leave for more free trade and I voted Leave for WTO rules, just cos I fancied it, makes a change, why not, well, okay, one of us will get the opposite of what we wanted, but we've both got Leave, haven't we, so what's the problem? The point is, everyone has to accept the result of the referendum. That's what democracy is. You ca't vote for one thing, decide it was a bad idea and ask for another vote later or you'd end up with regular changes of government and then where would we be? It's the thin edge. You could even end up with policies changing just because the first one was proved a disaster.

I made a pancake for breakfast this morning, but realised I'd run out of milk. It was horrible, but at least it was a pancake. An omlette was not an option. Pancake means pancake.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:18 am

:salute: SoL
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:20 am

Son of Leeds wrote:Oh, come on, Ponte, we all know what the will of the people is. The People decided about Brexit and so their will must be respected. As Robespierre said, The people are always right. I know there are people who will be eligible to vote in March 2019 who were too young in 2016 - about a million - but, let's be honest, they're not really people in the sense that people means people. And don't give me all that, Leave can't agree stuff. I mean, if you voted Leave for more free trade and I voted Leave for WTO rules, just cos I fancied it, makes a change, why not, well, okay, one of us will get the opposite of what we wanted, but we've both got Leave, haven't we, so what's the problem? The point is, everyone has to accept the result of the referendum. That's what democracy is. You ca't vote for one thing, decide it was a bad idea and ask for another vote later or you'd end up with regular changes of government and then where would we be? It's the thin edge. You could even end up with policies changing just because the first one was proved a disaster.

I made a pancake for breakfast this morning, but realised I'd run out of milk. It was horrible, but at least it was a pancake. An omlette was not an option. Pancake means pancake.

:salute:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Priti Patel, a minister of Her Majesty’s government on Twitter:

This is no longer an argument about whether Brexit was a good idea but is about democracy & standing by the democratic decision made by the people. The public want to know that their political leaders will stay true to the promise made to them that Brexit means Brexit.

“We’re fucked and we know it was a disaster, but disaster is the will of the people so we’re going through with it.”

Priti Patel is not a minister of anything. She resigned last year after clandestine meetings with the Israeli government. She is however a Thatcherite who worships Margaret's testicles, but who supported Theresa May's leadership campaign. So really can't be trusted to polish a turd.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 am

Son of Leeds wrote:Pancake means pancake.

A hard pancake. I hope it's what you voted for.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:48 am

Phatphil65 wrote:Priti Patel is not a minister of anything. She resigned last year after clandestine meetings with the Israeli government. She is however a Thatcherite who worships Margaret's testicles, but who supported Theresa May's leadership campaign. So really can't be trusted to polish a turd.

FP,WM

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:
Pancake means pancake.

A hard pancake. I hope it's what you voted for.

I didn't make a hard pancake. I didn't make a soft pancake. I made a Son of Leeds pancake.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm

No quibbling.

Pancake means pancake.

Some people seem to have trouble with this, but pancake means pancake really does mean pancake. I think that's very clear.

Ontolly

The state of UK politics

Postby Ontolly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Have we even considered scotch or Welsh pancake issues or the fact that the stardust chocolate pancake has little in common with these?

I’m sorry but one size does not fit all where pancakes are concerned.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Ah, the Welsh Pancake Issue...

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 am

Let me make this absolutely clear. No pancake recipe is better than a bad pancake recipe, and as a good pancake recipe was unavailable due to the intransigence of the milk I made a bad pancake to show I do not need the milk to make a pancake because we will not be bound by recipe regulations from kitchens other than my own.

Anyway, that's enough about pancakes.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:55 am

No it isn't.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 am

I have seen the priti patel quote on Twitter and it really is astonishing. There is absolutely no upside to brexit at all.

It's bit like if you took a wrong turn at a fork in the road. After a while you saw another fork which said "turn left to go back to the original place" or "turn right to carry on to the cliff edge via man eating tigers and crocodile infested swamps" and you chose to carry on as not to would Mark a betrayal of the original decision.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Scenes in parliament today: HoC suspended briefly as Raab's lot did not provide any copies of the Brexit white paper before his statement to the House, breaching protocol and conduct rules in several different ways.

Fucking symbolic cynical cunts.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:07 am

And unsurprisingly Trump openly supports BJ and comes out against a deal with Europe. You're the 51st State of America. I guess that's what a lot of Brexit clowns dream of.

Donald Trump has said the UK will "probably not" get a trade deal with the US, if the prime minister's Brexit plan goes ahead.
He told The Sun the PM's plan would "probably kill the deal" as it would mean the US "would be dealing with the European Union" instead of with the UK.

He also said he had told Mrs May how to do a Brexit deal, but: "She didn't agree, she didn't listen to me."
"I told her how to do it. That will be up to her to say. But I told her how to do it. She wanted to go a different route," he said.
The US president also said he was "cracking down" on the EU because "they have not treated the United States fairly on trade.

Mr Trump also said that former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister", adding "I think he's got what it takes".

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:57 pm

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm

My mate texted me from town centre.
"At Trump protest. Moved 50 yards in two hours. Bored now. Going home."
That'll show the fucker.
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing... weeeeellllll.

Return to “The Square Ball”