The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Free Speech defenders are amongst us, saying Shh, Let's Hear the Nazi Out.

A new wheeze. Straight outta Mar-a-Lago. Free Speech as excuse for racism, and shutting down "Cultural Marxism". Or the Jews, anyway... Brought to you by that walking orchidectomy Toby Young, and others.

The Education Secretary’s proposal to regulate free speech at universities by appointing a national ‘free speech champion’at the Office for Students (OfS) came from an academic defender of white identity politics who has argued that ethnic diversity in itself increases “white threat perceptions”.

Professor Eric Kaufmann, of Birkbeck College, is an advisor to the Free Speech Union run by Toby Young – the disgraced former OfS appointee who resigned from the role after critics highlighted his history of bigoted tweets.

Kaufmann first proposed the idea of a “national academic freedom champion” at the OfS to investigate alleged breaches of free speech rights in a co-authored report published by the Policy Exchange think tank in November 2019. Kaufmann joined the advisory board of the Free Speech Union when it launched in February 2020, when Young publicly endorsed Kaufmann’s proposal.

Young’s influence on the Government’s latest proposals raises questions, given his own role in defending scientific racism and biological theories of racial and gender inequalities.

Byline Times has previously exposed his defence of pseudoscience funded by the Pioneer Fund – a neo-Nazi eugenics foundation established in 1937. Among other things, the Fund’s affiliated authors – several of whom Young has openly supported – claim that black people have lower IQs than white people.
The activities and funding of these pricks, Spiked crew et al., are worth keeping an eye on in the rest of the article
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:22 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Free Speech defenders are amongst us, saying Shh, Let's Hear the Nazi Out.

A new wheeze. Straight outta Mar-a-Lago. Free Speech as excuse for racism, and shutting down "Cultural Marxism". Or the Jews, anyway... Brought to you by that walking orchidectomy Toby Young, and others.

The Education Secretary’s proposal to regulate free speech at universities by appointing a national ‘free speech champion’at the Office for Students (OfS) came from an academic defender of white identity politics who has argued that ethnic diversity in itself increases “white threat perceptions”.

Professor Eric Kaufmann, of Birkbeck College, is an advisor to the Free Speech Union run by Toby Young – the disgraced former OfS appointee who resigned from the role after critics highlighted his history of bigoted tweets.

Kaufmann first proposed the idea of a “national academic freedom champion” at the OfS to investigate alleged breaches of free speech rights in a co-authored report published by the Policy Exchange think tank in November 2019. Kaufmann joined the advisory board of the Free Speech Union when it launched in February 2020, when Young publicly endorsed Kaufmann’s proposal.

Young’s influence on the Government’s latest proposals raises questions, given his own role in defending scientific racism and biological theories of racial and gender inequalities.

Byline Times has previously exposed his defence of pseudoscience funded by the Pioneer Fund – a neo-Nazi eugenics foundation established in 1937. Among other things, the Fund’s affiliated authors – several of whom Young has openly supported – claim that black people have lower IQs than white people.
The activities and funding of these pricks, Spiked crew et al., are worth keeping an eye on in the rest of the article

Never cease to be amused by the RCP aligning itself with the Holocaust deniers.
These are the same people who called me a class traitor back in the day for helping to block their attempts to take over the Anti Apartheid Movement in Yorkshire and Humberside.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:47 pm

The horseshoe meets round the back
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm

Did you ever get the feeling you're being governed by GFH?

Call Chubby Boris, he'll tell you what to do.


What the fuck are these people asking these questions for; are we basing this on the cases, or not? Dickheads.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Ponte » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:20 am

Blackwhite wrote:Did you ever get the feeling you're being governed by GFH?

Call Chubby Boris, he'll tell you what to do.


What the fuck are these people asking these questions for; are we basing this on the cases, or not? Dickheads.

I did one last week based on is Bozo doing a good job. I enjoyed it.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:40 am

Think we all enjoyed that one.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm

Sir Keith:





So, a box to box mid who isn’t willing to tackle and wants to let the opposition do whatever they want?

Winning strategy, that.
Member of a clique

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:56 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Eddies Boots
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 am
Location: Arizona

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Eddies Boots » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:29 pm

The term "woke" is confusing because it won't keep still.
One Urban Dictionary contributor defines woke as “being aware of the truth behind things 'the man' doesn't want you to know”. Meanwhile, a concurrent definition signals a shift in meaning to “the act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue”


I first thought it had to do with racism as in this:
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

So the interviewee should be asking in which context the interviewer is framing the question?

I like this article from 2018 on the liberal NPR saying "woke" has had its time - oh no it hasn't.
MTV told people to stop using it as far back as 2016

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:22 pm

Member of a clique

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Devi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:24 pm

I like it. What is it?

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:32 pm


Never let a good crisis go to waste.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:45 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Fucking hell. The invasive, nanny state bullshit of spying on a hundred innocent people to prevent the possibility of one overpayment, the attempt to prosecute the disabled for fraud when they do what their doctor advises, fuck me ragged. Absolute cunts.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:20 pm

Still, in Positive News Corner, at least Pob is probs. on a kill list.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Your local correspondent reports: look, I can’t say I’ve been down every street in this constituency but I really do know most of it - two thirds of it is fields in a National Park FFS - and I know the worst bits. I’ve also been to genuinely deprived bits of our beloved nation, and I can confirm that Lewes is not, by any sensible measure, in need of levelling up. Bent bastards.

Member of a clique

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:20 pm

American pork barrel stuff, and it will no doubt work for them as it does there.

Corrupting not just state expenditure, but the electorate too :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:55 am

You have to feel sorry for Boris.
He's skint apparently after an expensive divorce and the payments for at least six kids, and his girlfriend is very high maintenance.
She's only gone and blown 200k on wallpaper and sofas.
Oh dear! What to do?
What anyone would do, of course.
Set up a charity where your rich chums can bung you a fat wedge and claim tax relief.
:cheers:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:47 am

Mustafaster wrote:You have to feel sorry for Boris.
He's skint apparently after an expensive divorce and the payments for at least six kids, and his girlfriend is very high maintenance.
She's only gone and blown 200k on wallpaper and sofas.
Oh dear! What to do?
What anyone would do, of course.
Set up a charity where your rich chums can bung you a fat wedge and claim tax relief.
:cheers:

This place is eye-wateringly expensive. Check their website if you don't believe me. My local butcher would shit his ribcage.



Edit to add, apparently this week's delivery for his personal chef to cook cost £12,500. Still, its nice for our Patrick's mum to be making some dollar.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:32 pm

And Hyde has done a thing on profligacy & nurses.

Hyde wrote: There's no point demanding a retrospective VAR review on the footage of Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak clapping for the NHS last year. Footballers can be booked for sarcastic applause, but ministers can’t.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests