The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm




You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Musson Grumble
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Left a bit, no no right, ahh, lovely

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Musson Grumble » Sat May 18, 2019 2:37 pm

What did they expect? Good grief, Chuka Alumna, with apologies to Charles M Schultz and Lucy.
Eat more English celery.

User avatar
Musson Grumble
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Left a bit, no no right, ahh, lovely

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Musson Grumble » Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Ok, yes..... it's Amunna. Bloody predictive text!
Eat more English celery.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Fri May 24, 2019 8:38 am

Well, looking like the D Day memorial thingy will feature Trump and Boris as the main act.

You couldn't make that shit up.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 24, 2019 11:19 am

Mustafaster wrote:Well, looking like the D Day memorial thingy will feature Trump and Boris as the main act.

You couldn't make that shit up.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Oh, and while I'm here:

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Ponte » Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Blackwhite wrote:https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1131903229669892096?s=19

That’s taken from a satirical sketch show, right?
:(
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 pm

The idea of him playing a bumbling buffoon act is so precious to him because it forgives him his actual bumbling buffoonery and allows him to evade some of the stains from his virulent bigotry.


Added to which the Guppy tape, that business with That Legal Case that definitely wasn't his wife, oh no (and whoever it was, they ruined a man's life to claim secrecy), the current legal case against him for lying to the electorate...



It's gonna be fun.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Mustafaster » Fri May 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Thinking about it a bit, there is some very good news to come out of these shenanigans.
The Tory part is as good as dead.
It doesn't matter who emerges as leader after a couple of months of tearing lumps out of each other.
Boris, Gove, Hunt, Truss ... the result will be the same.
Whichever side loses will take their bat home and the party will split in two. There is no way this can be avoided now. The acrimony and bitterness runs so deep that no leader will be able to avoid the split. No amount of sharing out cabinet posts to keep each wing happyish will do it. The leader will be left holding the reins of a dead horse. The body will keep twitching for a bit of course.
But they are toast.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 28, 2019 10:22 am

This guy is a real, uh, brainbox.

The Reith Lectures - 2019: Jonathan Sumption, 2/5. In Praise of Politics - @bbcradio4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005f05

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue May 28, 2019 10:58 am

Mustafaster wrote:Thinking about it a bit, there is some very good news to come out of these shenanigans.
The Tory part is as good as dead.
It doesn't matter who emerges as leader after a couple of months of tearing lumps out of each other.
Boris, Gove, Hunt, Truss ... the result will be the same.
Whichever side loses will take their bat home and the party will split in two. There is no way this can be avoided now. The acrimony and bitterness runs so deep that no leader will be able to avoid the split. No amount of sharing out cabinet posts to keep each wing happyish will do it. The leader will be left holding the reins of a dead horse. The body will keep twitching for a bit of course.
But they are toast.


I’m no Tory but I can’t see this, unequivocally, as a good thing. The void may be partly filled by a new party or the Lib Dems, but the increasing presence of a party to the right of the Tories seems unavoidable. And I don’t currently trust my countrymen enough to believe that they / it will be without significant impact.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Thinking about it a bit, there is some very good news to come out of these shenanigans.
The Tory part is as good as dead.
It doesn't matter who emerges as leader after a couple of months of tearing lumps out of each other.
Boris, Gove, Hunt, Truss ... the result will be the same.
Whichever side loses will take their bat home and the party will split in two. There is no way this can be avoided now. The acrimony and bitterness runs so deep that no leader will be able to avoid the split. No amount of sharing out cabinet posts to keep each wing happyish will do it. The leader will be left holding the reins of a dead horse. The body will keep twitching for a bit of course.
But they are toast.


I’m no Tory but I can’t see this, unequivocally, as a good thing. The void may be partly filled by a new party or the Lib Dems, but the increasing presence of a party to the right of the Tories seems unavoidable. And I don’t currently trust my countrymen enough to believe that they / it will be without significant impact.


Was saying similar to Mrs DL yesterday. Be careful what you wish for, is the short version. If we had a really strong Labour party with a convincing leader, things might look a little different.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 pm

You’ve got to laff


User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 31, 2019 11:44 am

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 31, 2019 12:35 pm

Between Patten, Heseltine, Mellor and Clarke it comes to something when you look to Thatcher's henchtwats for a remote glimmer of anyone talking any sort of sense.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 31, 2019 1:25 pm

Don't forget that towering statesman John Major.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 31, 2019 1:39 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Don't forget that towering statesman John Major.


And Gummer, come to think of it. In fact, just about every single one of the cunts still breathing, bar Redwood and Widdicombe.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:01 pm



:lol: Tories, "lower than vermin..."
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rss1969 and 12 guests