Because wives

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: Because wives

Postby Ponte » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Break the mug, just a chip or crack and put it back in the cupboard. Choose a time when you expect her to make a drink next.
Conclave member

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:40 pm

MIL has a storied history of passive aggressive guilt-tripping (‘Oh, don’t mind me, I’ll just...’) which Mrs O is often most vocal about, then it’s me who’s going, ‘She’s on her own, cut her a bit of slack’.

She’s 77 and in tolerable but not great health. One of our girls is staying with her this week, and she’s been on at her, crying, talking about the stuff she’s not done, intimating that she’s not long left. I’m not happy that she’s using her grandkids to manipulate us. One of her things is that she’s never been to the US.

This morning, Mrs O texts me and says she’s planning to take her to NYC. FFS. Those of you who’ve been there know it’s quite hard going as a tourist destination. She’ll not actually like it at all: the long flight, the general noise, hectic pace of everything etc.

But what do I know, eh? Not much, apparently.
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:43 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:MIL has a storied history of passive aggressive guilt-tripping (‘Oh, don’t mind me, I’ll just...’) which Mrs O is often most vocal about, then it’s me who’s going, ‘She’s on her own, cut her a bit of slack’.

She’s 77 and in tolerable but not great health. One of our girls is staying with her this week, and she’s been on at her, crying, talking about the stuff she’s not done, intimating that she’s not long left. I’m not happy that she’s using her grandkids to manipulate us. One of her things is that she’s never been to the US.

This morning, Mrs O texts me and says she’s planning to take her to NYC. FFS. Those of you who’ve been there know it’s quite hard going as a tourist destination. She’ll not actually like it at all: the long flight, the general noise, hectic pace of everything etc.

You don't have to go, right? So what you worried about?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:59 pm

I don’t, but a) it’ll end up badly, and some major aspect of that is bound to be my fault, and b) she’ll end up in hospital over there, for something not covered by insurance. Nailed on.
Member of a clique

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:10 pm

On the plus side, maybe she’ll die.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Wakefield White wrote:On the plus side, maybe she’ll die.

:lol:
Conclave member

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Ponte wrote:

Bookmarking this in case I ever wonder why I come here.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:23 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:MIL has a storied history of passive aggressive guilt-tripping (‘Oh, don’t mind me, I’ll just...’) which Mrs O is often most vocal about, then it’s me who’s going, ‘She’s on her own, cut her a bit of slack’.

How about one day in NYC for a quick mugging and then head up to the north of New York State near the border with Canada, where it's picturesque and quite civilised.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Ponte wrote:

Jesus, you sick fuckers

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:

How about one day in NYC for a quick mugging and then head up to the north of New York State near the border with Canada, where it's picturesque and quite civilised.

New York is far safer than London for example...

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andymac

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:04 pm

You want to remind your misses of the pact you made of not to fly unless it is an emergency.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 pm

OWETB wrote:You want to remind your misses of the pact you made of not to fly unless it is an emergency.

Oh, it’s on my mind right enough. But I know what reaction I’ll get.

The long game is ‘I’m just thinking about her health’ for the time being.
Member of a clique

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:41 pm

Not whilst she’s over there - Christ, I can’t begin to imagine the stress that would cause. If it’s far enough in advance not to create difficulties, I could live with that.
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Just seen on Twitter that a Leeds fan whose wife died on Christmas Day was somewhat uplifted from despair by a signed letter of condolence from Bielsa and a card signed by the squad.
Maybe we could get something similar for Eric, should the worst happen? [To his MIL, obvs.]

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 pm

OWETB wrote:You want to remind your misses of the pact you made of not to fly unless it is an emergency.

Inevitably leads to paying for two return cruise ship journeys. Avoid.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:30 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:One of the kids gave Mrs O a new mug for Xmas. It's not aesthetically displeasing, but it's just too big. Bucket like.

There are days when I make coffee and the coffee's OK, but 'the tide's out' or 'where's the other half?'

Then there are days when the mug is full but 'it's too milky'

There are other days when the mug is full but there’s ‘too much coffee’ or ‘it’s too strong’

There are even days when the coffee’s good and the mug’s full, but it’s not the new mug so that’s bad.

I feel sure that one of you wiser, more experienced gentlemen will be able to help me solve this apparently intractable dilemma.

This morning: ‘I don’t really like this mug, wish you’d stop giving me it’

I shall read this as a victory, of sorts.
Member of a clique

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Grant her her fcking wish and bring her nowt, miserable old scroat.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:00 pm

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:48 pm

the flying pig wrote:sound familiar?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-row.html

I find the idea of a woman attempting to communicate 16 times after an argument somewhat implausible.
Member of a clique

Return to “The Square Ball”