Because wives

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Because wives

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Right folks help a brother by telling what's right here.

I'm not working till 1:30pm tomorrow. Therefore I've arranged to meet a mate. Mrs OEE's dad has informed us he's coming over tomorrow as he's decided to paint our bathroom. I haven't asked him to but we've just had the old suite replaced so it's well meant and appreciated.

Mrs OEE has informed me I can't go out as being seen to enjoy myself whilst her dad there working is somehow unfair and rude. You should also know that whenever he does anything like this he doesn't speak (at all) he just gets on with it, and often doesn't even reply if you talk to him whilst he's busy or accept a cuppa or any kind of communication. My role as I understand it is to just be there and feel awkward to make Mrs OEE to feel better.

I've also been told I need to find jobs to do myself whilst he's thereas sitting down whilst he works is disrespectful

She now says well just do what you want. I assume this means I'm fucked either way.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 am

You mean you didn’t stay up all night painting the bathroom yourself, to save him the trouble? Oh, that’s just evil.

I’d say you’re screwed.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:15 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Right folks help a brother by telling what's right here.

I'm not working till 1:30pm tomorrow. Therefore I've arranged to meet a mate. Mrs OEE's dad has informed us he's coming over tomorrow as he's decided to paint our bathroom. I haven't asked him to but we've just had the old suite replaced so it's well meant and appreciated.

OK, so my question is, did you arrange to meet the mate AND THEN heard about dad-in-law coming over? Or did you know about him doing the bathroom BEFORE you arranged the meet? If the latter, you dug your own grave: despite the logic that you were never going to paint the bathroom anyway - why weren't you? - you shouldn't have arranged to enjoy yourself, even well away from home. Mind you, Mrs OEE might have kept quiet about what you are doing - no need to stir things up by telling your dad-in-law that her husband is in fact the fucking waster he always suspected, is there?

On the other hand, if your arrangements came first, although the same logic suggests she's being unreasonable and your dad-in-law won't give a fuck, you're still screwed because... wives.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Definitely screwed if that's any help
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Invite your friend over to yours instead!?
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm

Hmm well no I didn't ask him to come and would happily do it myself, and expected to.

He just announced he was coming and of course I'm not allowed to say no obviously

Actually the bathroom fitter has to come back next week to finish a few bits, and will no doubt be pissed off as her dads already said he's going to improve the work (which is excellent)

Having the mate over doesn't work as it breaks the "not enjoying myself whilst her dad is there rule"

My arrangements did come first but as dirty suggests this holds no currency with Mrs OEE

Fuck fuck fuck

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Actually the bathroom fitter has to come back next week to finish a few bits, and will no doubt be pissed off as her dads already said he's going to improve the work (which is excellent)

That’s yer out right there!

“Probably best to wait to paint the bathroom till the fitter’s been back, wouldnt want him damaging your hard work. Plus then you can give the finished product the once over”
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:00 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:My arrangements did come first but as dirty suggests this holds no currency with Mrs OEE

Fuck fuck fuck

It could be because I have less time left than most of you - ah, sweet release! - but my attitude these days increasingly is, if I genuinely think I did nowt wrong, then fuck it, I don't care and refuse to play your silly game. OK, you still get the initial earache and tedious strop, but half the time - although they're never going to tell you to your face because that would be admitting they're a tiny bit wrong - they secretly know they were being at least a tad unfair. It's the sort of thing they'd tell their mates [and snigger about] but, of course, never say to you, because you have to remain in the dog house. I have decided in future to act as if I have no idea of the location of the dog house and proceed as cheerily as possible. I find that really fucks 'em off.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:03 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Having the mate over doesn't work as it breaks the "not enjoying myself whilst her dad is there rule"

Surely you shagging another bloke is a greater concern to Mrs OEE?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:My arrangements did come first but as dirty suggests this holds no currency with Mrs OEE

Fuck fuck fuck

It could be because I have less time left than most of you - ah, sweet release! - but my attitude these days increasingly is, if I genuinely think I did nowt wrong, then fuck it, I don't care and refuse to play your silly game. OK, you still get the initial earache and tedious strop, but half the time - although they're never going to tell you to your face because that would be admitting they're a tiny bit wrong - they secretly know they were being at least a tad unfair. It's the sort of thing they'd tell their mates [and snigger about] but, of course, never say to you, because you have to remain in the dog house. I have decided in future to act as if I have no idea of the location of the dog house and proceed as cheerily as possible. I find that really fucks 'em off.

Yup.
The doghouse is fine by me.
Nice and quiet
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 pm

What you mean the perpetual gainsaying, illogical, passive-aggressive sarcastic, eternal 9th level of Dante's inferno hellish damnation doghouse

Happy in the doghouse? I'm beginning to wonder if your other halves, are not quite world class at making you feel pain like Mrs OEE?

In the Duran Duran song "please please tell me now" there's a line that always sums her up well that goes:
"Don't say you're easy on me, you're about as easy as a nuclear war"". ....... I think it captures her nicely

Anyway to finish the story, Mrs OEE's dad came, spent hours preping here whilst I coo'd appreciatively as required but slipped away an hour early to see a "mystery patient" that had unavoidably booked in at short notice. What can yer do.. heh heh.

Anyway he's spent a lot of time and effort bless him, BUT, he's got paint splashes on the mirror, on the floor tiles, and on the flooring + a big smudge on the wall tiles where he's obviously tried to rub away paint he's got on them.

Bloody hell

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:What you mean the perpetual gainsaying, illogical, passive-aggressive sarcastic, eternal 9th level of Dante's inferno hellish damnation doghouse

Happy in the doghouse? I'm beginning to wonder if your other halves, are not quite world class at making you feel pain like Mrs OEE?

In the Duran Duran song "please please tell me now" there's a line that always sums her up well that goes:
"Don't say you're easy on me, you're about as easy as a nuclear war"". ....... I think it captures her nicely

Anyway to finish the story, Mrs OEE's dad came, spent hours preping here whilst I coo'd appreciatively as required but slipped away an hour early to see a "mystery patient" that had unavoidably booked in at short notice. What can yer do.. heh heh.

Anyway he's spent a lot of time and effort bless him, BUT, he's got paint splashes on the mirror, on the floor tiles, and on the flooring + a big smudge on the wall tiles where he's obviously tried to rub away paint he's got on them.

Bloody hell

:mrgreen: You'll be bringing this up right away, then? Thought not.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:12 pm

:D you understand the situation perfectly dirty!! :thumbl: :D

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:What you mean the perpetual gainsaying, illogical, passive-aggressive sarcastic, eternal 9th level of Dante's inferno hellish damnation doghouse

Bloody hell

So over dinner with her you gently slip in
“Fuck me you’re dad’s useless at painting”
No? Thought not.
See, this could be her cunning plan to get you to do it next time. They’re devious like they are.

Ontolly

Because wives

Postby Ontolly » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:18 am

I think I might be able to offer some advice here.
You are clearly upset that the free labour is not up to standard and it’s reasonable to assume that he was doing the work for her not for you.
My advice is to have a proper skin full this weekend/ make sure you have a bad pint and wind up redecorating the bathroom yourself (I appreciate the premise assumes that you’ll make it there otherwise this is very very bad advice).
That way he comes back and finishes the job (after your hungover cats lick cleaning effort) and you have a full understanding of why you are in the doghouse.
You’re welcome.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 am

I think he deserves all the stick he's getting, servers him right for knowing the words of a Duran Duran song :thumbd:

I'm not surprised his Father in law doesn't talk to him :)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 am

Gentlemen

I fear I am skewered upon the horns of an impenetrable dilemma. I bearded up about Christmas, and about a week into January she said, ‘I quite like it, I think’. About a week ago she said, ‘No, I don’t like it, shave it off’.

Here’s the thing: at that point I was also about to shave it off. I’m just not up for the shit growing on my face; don’t like the feel of it, it bugs me. But now I can’t get rid because the last thing I want to do is give the impression that I’m doing what she says.

So how long do I have to leave it before I can be seen to make an independent decision? Or what alternative exit strategy could I pursue?

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Gentlemen

I fear I am skewered upon the horns of an impenetrable dilemma. I bearded up about Christmas, and about a week into January she said, ‘I quite like it, I think’. About a week ago she said, ‘No, I don’t like it, shave it off’.

Here’s the thing: at that point I was also about to shave it off. I’m just not up for the shit growing on my face; don’t like the feel of it, it bugs me. But now I can’t get rid because the last thing I want to do is give the impression that I’m doing what she says.

So how long do I have to leave it before I can be seen to make an independent decision? Or what alternative exit strategy could I pursue?

Well the link between infrequent shaving and serious cardiovascular disease might provide an outball.

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/157/3/234/71268

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:18 am

How do you feel about the designer stubble look, as an interim step?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:25 am

OEE, that is a candidate for the most terrible abstract I've ever read. What shite is this. "Short lazy losers can't be arsed to shave or exercise and can't get laid, here's a specious hormonal argument."

If that paper gets cited once, even by themselves, they've done very well.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”