Because wives

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Because wives

Postby Quiffy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:17 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I'm assuming you are holding something like Baillie Gifford American and the hit to Tesla has hurt. Probably wrong. I don't know shit about this stuff.

at this stage i'd say you know more than me. :salute:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:18 am

#freeTitney

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:42 am

Fuck it depresses me to see Fripp reduced to this frippery.
We're all suffering from slight disturbances due to you-know-what, but this is sad to see.
Him playing rubbish guitar and her waving her tits around to flog her tat.
She says she got him involved in the nonsense because he was becoming a bit withdrawn.
Well, quite.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 am

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:I'm assuming you are holding something like Baillie Gifford American and the hit to Tesla has hurt. Probably wrong. I don't know shit about this stuff.

I am in the process of getting out of BG funds. I was heavily invested in them last year but the worm has turned for them I think.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:10 am

Blackwhite wrote:#freeTitney

not her best work. or his.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:47 am

Arnieb wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

I am in the process of getting out of BG funds. I was heavily invested in them last year but the worm has turned for them I think.

The only thing I have with them is a long term acorn, so am going to sit tight as they divest of the recent poor performers (looking at you, Elon) - but if by the end of the year they're not rallying again with new picks, might do the same.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Arnieb wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

:scratch: interesting. i've never studied these things and just taken advice. as of today, they are still top of the list of highly rated funds and i'm sure they know far more about these things than me, so in the absence of knowing where to jump and why i should be jumping* i think i'm going to sit tight.

* i did follow some links from BW's last response and it shed some useful light on why the arse has recently dropped out of the price, but i also spotted articles suggesting now was a good time to buy and that it had bottomed out.

that first month did seem far too good. shame.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:20 pm

Over the last ten years, the dips in BG American have been there, but short and brief. However the last year has been mental and arguably due a slight correction. They're moving their holdings around and I imagine will be climbing again, possibly not as fast as before, but it'll do pig.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Over the last ten years, the dips in BG American have been there, but short and brief. However the last year has been mental and arguably due a slight correction. They're moving their holdings around and I imagine will be climbing again, possibly not as fast as before, but it'll do pig.

:thumbl: good to hear. and i don't want to shit the bed at the first sign of trouble.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:26 pm

I realise I wrote short and brief when I meant short and shallow.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Over the last ten years, the dips in BG American have been there, but short and brief. However the last year has been mental and arguably due a slight correction. They're moving their holdings around and I imagine will be climbing again, possibly not as fast as before, but it'll do pig.

:thumbl: good to hear. and i don't want to shit the bed at the first sign of trouble.

Grabbed this for you

Yeh sell it it's shit.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Yo BW, read your DMs
Member of a clique

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Grabbed this for you

Yeh sell it it's shit.

that looks terrible. just wish i'd got in earlier.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:06 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Yo BW, read your DMs

Yeah sorry mate, some clique clogged up me pipes. Check yours.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:56 am

Anyway, Mrs DL took her Marcelo Bielsa/AndresTheTranslator Mother's Day card well, even though she had no idea what the joke was. [Had to explain it to all other members of the family, which was fun.]
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:44 am

Her: ‘You haven’t said Happy Mother’s Day’

Me: ‘You’re not my mother’

Her: ‘It’s your fucking fault I am one’
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:46 am

Heh.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:41 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Anyway, Mrs DL took her Marcelo Bielsa/AndresTheTranslator Mother's Day card well, even though she had no idea what the joke was. [Had to explain it to all other members of the family, which was fun.]

Went down well in ours.
Andymac

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Anyway, Mrs DL took her Marcelo Bielsa/AndresTheTranslator Mother's Day card well, even though she had no idea what the joke was. [Had to explain it to all other members of the family, which was fun.]

Went down well in ours.

:thumbl:

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
just hope nobody took this advice. the arse has dropped out of my investments in the last couple of weeks big time so i'm now worse off than before. :pale:

Probably just dipping. Depending on what you're holding, possibly just something to wait out until the recovery. (And this is why you taper out your money close to retirement... Imagine cashing out in a trough...)

yeah at christmas i swapped one of my isas out to one of their highest rated investments, it was the majority of my funds. it went mental in january, to the point where it was increasing by more than what i was earning. it went up over 17% in 6 weeks. normally i wouldn't notcie this sort of thing as i'd forget about my investments for a few years after being encouraged by dad to fiddle about with them. but i was taking an interest for once, happily sitting at home each evening bragging about how much i'd made in the day. then it died. it's still mostly dying which worried me enough to check their website last week where i found it's still their top recommendation. so yeah, maybe i shouldn't be checking these things so often and need to look a little more long term. i am going to be rich after all. now i'm just not sure when.

Deliveroo is contemplating becoming a PLC; making £50m worth of shares available. If you are a customer with them (i.e placed at least one order) you can register interest now. I wonder if they'd be worth chucking some quids at...
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Return to “The Square Ball”