Absolute cunts thread...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Absolute cunts thread...

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Somebody needs a hefty kick in the cunt. No protective equipment supplied.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 am

I like boxing as a rule, but this is very poor matchmaking even by the standards of the sport. the challenger [in white] is a 42 year old who started boxing at aged 39. had an unbeaten record but all her [small number of] previous fights were against no-name [and no win] fodder.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:14 am

Leeds street artist has finally had enough

Ontolly

Absolute cunts thread...

Postby Ontolly » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:46 am

Paint over his work neatly and he’ll do it again.

Add your own artistic street art and the cunt takes his brushes home.

Go figure.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:07 am

Ontolly wrote:Paint over his work neatly and he’ll do it again.

Add your own artistic street art and the cunt takes his brushes home.

Go figure.

Was fun while it lasted, he seems to have started to take himself a bit too seriously, he is in the end a graffiti artist so I can't really complain if someone comes along and paints over his graffiti. Perhaps he should concentrate on his day job

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 am

Hmmm, not quite the repsonse I expected :D

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 am

jackos wrote:Was fun while it lasted, he seems to have started to take himself a bit too seriously, he is in the end a graffiti artist so I can't really complain if someone comes along and paints over his graffiti. Perhaps he should concentrate on his day job

I think repainting over the random tagging of his stuff has tired him out, but the bigger issue is that someone has started putting threatening graffiti about him up on his street.

Back when the 'Holbeck Residents Against Vandalism' thing was going on, whoever was behind that was sending anonymous threatening emails to his band as well.

Somebody really seems to have it in for him because he won't stop [checks notes] painting pleasant designs on things to make them look nice.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:35 am

Matt White wrote:Hmmm, not quite the repsonse I expected :D

You should know not to expect anything round here :bounce:

FWIW street art is a very big thing in Brighton with pretty aggressive self-policing. Anyone who tags a recognised artist would be very likely to get the shit kicked out of them.
HM Collector Of Parcels

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:55 am

moscowhite wrote:I think repainting over the random tagging of his stuff has tired him out, but the bigger issue is that someone has started putting threatening graffiti about him up on his street.

:shock: :shock: :shock: And the police say they can't do anything about that? Perhaps he can put a cheap camera up to keep an eye on the street, I'd throw in a few quid towards the purchase? I guess that's illegal so it would have not be well hidden, but if the police can't help then I don't see a lot of alternatives, other than quitting, which is what I'd do unless I could get hold of the offender. More publicity is only likely to egg them on.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am

eric olthwaite wrote:FWIW street art is a very big thing in Brighton with pretty aggressive self-policing. Anyone who tags a recognised artist would be very likely to get the shit kicked out of them.

Quiet the opposite here, I'm not a fan of graffiti as most of it is vandalism and looks shit, but by definition it is temporary. Anyone who thinks different should probably find a different pastime. Is there a difference between street art and graffiti? I guess Andy has received approval of the council etc, which means it's not graffiti any more. Did his work become street art once he was given permission?

As far cunts kicking the shit out of people, I believe vigilantism is frowned upon.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 am

jackos wrote:
As far cunts kicking the shit out of people, I believe vigilantism is frowned upon.
Nah.
All policing in the UK is by consent, to broadly abide by commonly held laws and standards.

Painting over someone's work is 'illegal' in that arena, and if the known 'sanction' is a beating, then it's on you.

The old crime/time question.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 am

Blackwhite wrote:Painting over someone's work is 'illegal' in that arena, and if the known 'sanction' is a beating, then it's on you.

The old crime/time question.

As long as you're willing to accept the consequences if the person/persons decide they don't appreciate being beaten, I guess it's ok. Sound's a bit Trumpian to me.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:41 am

Hardly an unusual phenomenon. Two competing parties, both engaged in notionally illegal activities, are not going to seek recourse to the justice system. It would be like one drug dealer reporting another drug dealer to the cops for taking over their turf.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Never really got the street art hysteria around some of his stuff. Painting a box White with a number 11 in blue doesn't seem Art to me. But I guess each to his own and I assume it was mostly harmless.

Being threatened because of it isn't cool though.

Return to “The Square Ball”